Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
ROTM of the Month June was Brought to you by
driftmotionlogo.gif

Jacob and Heidi will have there choice of prizes this month

Between
This intercooler is a 24"x12"x3" core with 30.5" overall width. 3" inlet/outlet

Click on image above for a hi-res (larger) view.

-OR-
a little bit smaller intercooler 20.5"x9"x2.75" core, 28" overall with 2.75" inlet/outlet

Thank you to everyone who submitted there ride for ROTM: June. It was a close one and there were some great rides.

Congratulations to Jacob and Heidi for winning ROTM: June.

Supramania ID: IHI-RHC7

Jacob and Heidi have there own words to say about there car but as you can see they have put some good work into it. This is a nice example of a Supra that looks almost Stock, but is far from it in many ways.

With out further ado...

ROTMJune: Jacob and Heidi Groseclos

Hey there Supramaniacs, This is Jake and Heidi, submitting their Supra for ROTM.
Our supra is a clean example of a dark blue metallic 1987 Turbo with blue leather, targa top, Tems, headlight squirters, etc... The only option this vehicle did not come with that was offered in the lower 48 states was the Supermoniter. Heidi purchased the vehicle in October of 2002 from the original owner in Oregon City, OR for the princely sum of $3000. It had 125K on the clock and was stone stock, garaged its entire life.
Since then, Heidi slowly morphed the vehicle into what it is today. We both feel that the unmolested lines of the mkiii supra are rivaled to none. Consequently, the outwards appearance of the vehicle has been kept close to stock, with subtle features to emphasize the flowing factory lines. Performance is a must with this car, but not with compromise to daily drive ability, or aesthetic appeal. Routine maintenance is the primary reason why this car has remained such a clean, reliable form of transportation and pleasure.
Over the last 3.5 years, the Supra has been modified to quite some extent, with dyno trips along the way to keep it in tune, and measure gains.

Intake: Air enters through a K&N RC4180 Air filter and into a 3" GM MAF into the turbo. From the turbo air is routed through 2.75" hard pipes into a Blitz 4 core FMIC. An HKS SSQ BOV keeps compressor surge at bay and all pipes are sealed with silicon couplers and T-Bolt Clamps. From the stock throttle body, charge air is ingested through a port matched upper intake manifold and into massaged intake ports.

Fuel Delivery: A solid 12 V signal motivates a Walbro 255LPH high pressure pump to fill a stock rail with 92 octane swill for the RC engineering 550cc injectors, an Aeromotive AFPR regulates a 1:1 pressure rise with base pressure siting around 28 PSI.

Exhaust: Spent gasses enter a ported and polished exhaust manifold before being routed through a BIC DDP that's been ceramic coated with a wide band bung. A Cooleeze test pipe replaces the cat and Cooleeze cat back pipes feed an Apex-i N1 Turbo muffler out back.

Turbo: Stock CT-26

Engine Internals: A ported and polished head with a 5 Angle valve job sandwiches a Titan 2mm MHG to the block with ARP head studs torqued to 90 ft-lbs. New Toyota rod and main bearings were installed to keep the bottom end fresh at 150,000 miles.

Lubrication: The factory oil pump relief has been shimmed to allow a peak pressure of 60psi. With the factory oil filter bracket bypassed, 7.5 qts of full synthetic 20W50 oil is sent to a remote 1 qt oil filter followed by a B&M thermostatic oil control valve which routes 95% of oil over 180 degrees to a 11"X8"X1.75" B&M supercooler oil cooler, and the rest is merged with cool oil and sent to the main oil gallery.

Electronics: A MAF-Translator from FullThrottleSpeedandStyle is set to make the vehicle cruise and idle like stock with 550s, and the AFRs are dialed on the dyno with an S-AFC-II from Apex-I. Boost control is handles by the best EBC I've come in contact with, the Apex-I AVC-R. An HKS Type 1 Turbo timer ensures proper cool down procedures are followed after a hard run.

Suspension: The stock TEMS system was ditched in favor of Tein HA fully adjustable coil overs, which allow for race-suspension stiffness when needed, and stock-like plushness when wanted.

Aesthetics: The suspension supplies a nice raked drop which is further amplified by a good condition stock front lip. A K-Mart rear sunshade adds to the dark theme and adds a touch of JDM style to the trailing edge of the car. Dulling orange turn signals were ditched for some clean clear front turn signals, and a 15% tint was added all around. Rims From StanzaSpeed really helped to solidify the dark theme of the car and we can't thank John enough for the Hook up!

Rolling Stock: JZA70 Gunmetal 5-spokes Courtesy of StanzaSpeed, Summitomo HTR+ sized 225-50-16 up front and 245-50-16 out back.

Figures: 305RWHP @ 5250 RPM, 10 psi, 385TQ @2800RPM, 19 psi.

Heidi has put a lot of time and effort into making the car what it is today, and we're quite proud of the car she's built. Hopefully It represents the Supra community in a way which depicts the attention to detail, admiration and dedication we all have for our cars.
-Jake and Heidi
IHI-RHC7 TurboLover

A few words from them

Our deepest thanks to the community, it's an honor!

We'll have an official "thanks" in the thread shortly.
I'm pretty flippin' excited right now
Thanks Aaron, Joshua, and all you mods!

Last edited by a moderator:

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
The "Blupra" looks great! I have admired that car for a long time, it has also been my desktop wallpaper for about 2 months!:naughty: I wish I could go to the Portland meet, but I will be leaving Oregon at 11AM that morning... :cry:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
We both feel that the unmolested lines of the mkiii supra are rivaled to none
Oh so true. Very nice car.

I love how some people have stuck their car in the garage most of its life so we can find good clean ones later.

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
Thanks so much everyone, especially Duane for pushing us to submit the car and the overwhelming moral support! Big thanks to Joshua for taking over ROTM, Aaron @ DriftMotion for the intercooler (we'll take the big one by the way ;)), and Stanzaspeed! We are true supramaniacs and there are currently 7 MKIII's at our house, however this one holds a special place in our garage and hearts. We are glad you like her as well.

We've put a lot of work into maintaining the beauty of the car, and it has seemed to pay off. I knew I had found a steal of a deal when I found this back in '02. In all honesty, we were kinda shocked to find out that it won. We are pretty humble about the car and although its a fine example of a BPU+++++ MKIII, we figured that most of the competition here would do us in. It has come a long way but still has a ways to go. Here are the future plans for the end of this summer:

As the screen name suggests, we will be installing a ceramic coated IHI-RHC7 turbo kit from Greddy onto a short block prepped by Ron Ramirez with .040 over JE pistons, cryotreated and shot peened stock rods with ARP rod bolts and main studs, 2JZ valves, schneider cams, extensive port work, 4" exhaust and 1 very custom intake manifold (short runner with AC). Methanol injection and MAFTPRO will also be a must. There's much more, but I'm sure you get the point! We are hoping to put down at least 600 hp with this setup and still have the sleeper look.

Again, thanks to the whole supra community and all of the nice comments.
We are honored to represent this community for the month of June.

~Heidi

P.S I'd like to know who that Heisi person is as well. She's stealing all my thunder! ;)
Oh, and by the way, those dyno numbers were from last summer on a day that was around 100 degrees and we had one heck of a boost leak. We haven't dynoed since, but I'm sure we are putting down more than that.

Last edited:

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Congratulations Heidi and Jake.
Watch out for that Heisi... She's quite a sheister ;)

I believe you are both VERY deserving of this and quite frankly.... it's about time. :bigthumb:

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Beautiful car.....Love the "Sleeper Supra" look. As stock as possible looking with nice HP. That's what ROTM should focus on. That represents the community a whole lot better than a Superbeast built by some corporation that the rest of us can't have, or a 700HP beast motor in a junk car.

Love the rear upper spoiler/rear visor a la the 85 Supra (my first), but I don't really care for the dark wheels on any Supra. Funny several of those were the first to congratulate. VERY NICE car, and Congrats!