Windows 7.

mc_h

Apr 1, 2005
Windsor/Detroit
I upgraded to it last night, it was a pain in the ass. I'm running a RAID setup which complicates it...But I figured I would just upgrade within vista to simplify that aspect; It worked until it crashed during the install, didn't back up any of the existing OS and I had to start with a fresh install(format) - Then, it wouldn't accept my drivers...Ugh I finally got it done, but as usual it has it's fair share of glitches.

T-MA71

Always broken down member
Mar 16, 2008
Nashua, NH
My brother bought a computer running windows 7 2 days ago. 3rd startup today and it wont start windows. Keeps restarting trying to open up windows. This thing is a joke. I've tried everything.... It didnt even come with the restore cds so back to bestbuy it goes.

I liked it at first.. I'm running vista home premium now which sucks so i'm thinking of either XP or windows 7 don't know yet.

greg88

May 14, 2005
Lowell, Arkansas, United States
alexscof;1457770 said:
There's not a whole lot of differences besides cosmetic. I feel like they just took all of the cool features of osx and ubuntu and added them to windows. Ubuntu still kicks ass.

Yeah, I run Linux Mint on my desktop, which is basically Ubuntu in disguise. The real cool desktop effects stuff comes when you start playing around with Compiz. I guess you could say that Aero Effects is pre-configured Compiz for newbs.

Setheroo

^_^ got horespower?
Oct 16, 2006
Tennessee
www.revogate.com
I haven't ever had troubles with my Vista yet.... so why upgrade?

I mean seriously, what does 7 do that Vista doesn't?!

Odds are, I will have 7 on a new laptop or something - I am in the market for a netbook as we speak - so I might try it out on one of those.