Widebody: S2 front fenders and Kaze Aerocraft rear fenders (Shineautoproject Replica)

K_SHAN

don't taze me bro!
Jul 3, 2009
eagle, IDAHO!
te72;1883537 said:
Something to consider, depending on your suspension, you might run into clearance issues with the shock body/spring. I found this out when I installed my Stance's, I could no longer run the 17x9.5 +50 on mine...

Going to have to think long and hard on just how aggressive I want to go with my wheels, since I'll only be buying them once...

I am also on Stance Gr+ I wanna say I have a good 1-2 inches of clearance before i hit the shock (closest thing) or anything else.

Errol made Coilover spacers for sean J aka 2jzmk3
24347_402390860609_1500921_n.jpg

24347_402390885609_3693645_n.jpg

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
mytmk3;1883540 said:
well im pretty pleased with the 11's. Were im from on the 11's Im legally allowed to run anywere from a 275-315 which is great gives me so many options.

For the 12's legally the SMALLEST tyre I am allowed to run is a 315 which was extreamly limiting in my tyre choices atleast in NZ only one shop in my town said they could get them for under 1grand per tyre
I may run 11's for clearance peace of mind, as well as less unsprung weight. As far as tire prices go, prepare to have your mind blown:

For 17's: http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...o?pc=40524&tmn=NT05&typ=Passenger/Performance
For 18's: http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...?pc=40296&tmn=NT-01&typ=Passenger/Performance

Not sure if you can order from them, but it might be worth looking into. I thought tires were expensive at our local tire shops... FYI, the tires shown in those links, would cost nearly twice that price locally for me... and they wonder why I tell them to fuck right off when people say "shop locally".

K_SHAN;1883662 said:
I am also on Stance Gr+ I wanna say I have a good 1-2 inches of clearance before i hit the shock (closest thing) or anything else.

Errol made Coilover spacers for sean J aka 2jzmk3
24347_402390860609_1500921_n.jpg

24347_402390885609_3693645_n.jpg
I have the Stance Super Street model myself, I think the GR+ might be a higher end model, you're able to adjust compression and rebound separately, correct? I can only adjust rebound (and obviously height) on mine. That spacer... I'll admit I am very much a newb when it comes to suspension geometry, but could that affect that? I'm guessing the mount at the top pivots enough that this shouldn't cause any adverse issues there, but my first concern would remain.

Good idea otherwise IMO.

Chambers;1883744 said:
woh, thats niffty
That's what I was thinking...

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
My 255/35R18's cost 300 each (Yokohama) for my rears. I dont consider that expensive.. but again.. I live in Canada where we pay a lot more for tires than you people down south : )

mytmk3

Oct 16, 2007
christchurch
te72;1884929 said:
I may run 11's for clearance peace of mind, as well as less unsprung weight. As far as tire prices go, prepare to have your mind blown:

For 17's: http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...o?pc=40524&tmn=NT05&typ=Passenger/Performance
For 18's: http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...?pc=40296&tmn=NT-01&typ=Passenger/Performance

Not sure if you can order from them, but it might be worth looking into. I thought tires were expensive at our local tire shops... FYI, the tires shown in those links, would cost nearly twice that price locally for me... and they wonder why I tell them to fuck right off when people say "shop locally".

DAM thats cheap this is the same here http://www.hyper.co.nz/drive/produc...tName=nt01&productId=159281&associated=174258 these weren't avalible while I was looking

K_SHAN

don't taze me bro!
Jul 3, 2009
eagle, IDAHO!
te72;1884929 said:
I have the Stance Super Street model myself, I think the GR+ might be a higher end model, you're able to adjust compression and rebound separately, correct? I can only adjust rebound (and obviously height) on mine. That spacer... I'll admit I am very much a newb when it comes to suspension geometry, but could that affect that? I'm guessing the mount at the top pivots enough that this shouldn't cause any adverse issues there, but my first concern would remain.

Good idea otherwise IMO.

That's what I was thinking...

You know, I'm not super familiar with all the little things I can do with them haha.

With the strut mounts on the MK3 from what it looks like.. since we have Upper and lower control arms that adjust our camber,toe. the Actual strut mount has no matter in the adjustment. And because it would always be under load it wouldn't affect it either.

So. No it wouldn't affect the suspension geometry.. from my understanding.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
You know, we have our share of spending problems in this country, but apparently tires are not one of them... I never realized how bad it was elsewhere.

supramad77

supramad
Feb 5, 2006
Dartmouth, Devon, UK
Loving the widebody cars guys. Think this will be my next move. Been trying to get a price from shine but no replys as of yet. Want to be the first widebody in the UK.
Already have big wheels but don't think they will be big enough to fill out those big rear arches.
Keep up the good work

supramad77

supramad
Feb 5, 2006
Dartmouth, Devon, UK
Anyone running 19"/11 or 19/12s. i have 19"s at the moment but i guess tires will be the issue. Would want to run either 305 or 315/19/25. Still no reply from shine how the heck they sell anything.
Seen 4 items i would like next year to do the conversion. To save cost i might get some adaptors for my wheels to start with as they are already big.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
supramad77;1896217 said:
Anyone running 19"/11 or 19/12s. i have 19"s at the moment but i guess tires will be the issue. Would want to run either 305 or 315/19/25. Still no reply from shine how the heck they sell anything.
-You will run 345's if you're keeping the 19" size on your car. Just because. There's room in there... only reason I won't run a tire that wide in the rear is because you can't get a tire that wide (other than a racing slick) in a 17" anymore, and I refuse to pay THAT much on tires. Would look good though...

-As for getting in touch with Shine, your best bet is to PM Rodel, he is kinda our go-to guy with Shine.

-Lastly, you can't do this particular widebody setup on your car, at least not with the Regulus wing too... that's exactly my setup. :p Oh well, I guess you're 7 time zones away, not likely to ever be confused for each other...

supramad77

supramad
Feb 5, 2006
Dartmouth, Devon, UK
te72;1896802 said:
-You will run 345's if you're keeping the 19" size on your car. Just because. There's room in there... only reason I won't run a tire that wide in the rear is because you can't get a tire that wide (other than a racing slick) in a 17" anymore, and I refuse to pay THAT much on tires. Would look good though...

-As for getting in touch with Shine, your best bet is to PM Rodel, he is kinda our go-to guy with Shine.

-Lastly, you can't do this particular widebody setup on your car, at least not with the Regulus wing too... that's exactly my setup. :p Oh well, I guess you're 7 time zones away, not likely to ever be confused for each other...

Would like to see some pics of yours with the regulus wing and body kit all done. Why do you say i would have to run 345 rear tires? Would need a aggressive offset to fit that much rubber under the arches.
Not looked at tire choices as yet but i am sure what ever i go with wont be cheap including new rims that fit the bill. I quite like the stretched tire look, i have 10"s on the back at he moment with 275/30/19 fitted.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
supramad77;1896956 said:
Would like to see some pics of yours with the regulus wing and body kit all done. Why do you say i would have to run 345 rear tires? Would need a aggressive offset to fit that much rubber under the arches.
Not looked at tire choices as yet but i am sure what ever i go with wont be cheap including new rims that fit the bill. I quite like the stretched tire look, i have 10"s on the back at he moment with 275/30/19 fitted.
It will be a few months, at the very least, before my car starts coming together. I am making good progress on it (parts gathering wise), but not real sure how long the body is going to take. Kinda doing a mini-restoration of sorts on it, so it will take some time. Will definitely post pictures though!

As for the tires, I have no doubt that a 345 would fit with the Kaze over fender. Hell, a guy on here managed to stuff either a 305 or 315 on a STOCK fender, using the stock MkIV TT wheels. It just BARELY fit, but it did indeed fit. These over fenders add 2" to the rear, so... do some math, 2" = 50.8mm, should even give a little wiggle room for a 345. Gonna have to be quite good at getting the offset correct though...

supramad77

supramad
Feb 5, 2006
Dartmouth, Devon, UK
Yea the offset is key, my +30 19"s with a 275 on hit the arch very slightly so had to get a hammer and shape the inner arch a tad.
What width wheel are you thinking of running?
I can get a 305/25/19 on my rears wheels but sadly the offset wont look right with the widebody kit fitted. Would need a 30mm adaptors to get the wheels out far enough.
Have not priced up tires yet or new wheels. The kit and shipping are going to hit me for £1000 to get to the UK. That includes a rear defusser and the insert that fits into he front bumper.

scottiedawg66

Apr 1, 2005
Bay Area Ca
has anyone used these fenders with the bomex sides and rears? I am curious how that all lines up.

can any one post high res pictures of how the gas tank, body trim, and skirts / rear fender all match up? the kit looks awesome from far away, but I would like to see some detail pictures to determine how "factory" it will look.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
supramad77;1897953 said:
What width wheel are you thinking of running?
I can get a 305/25/19 on my rears wheels but sadly the offset wont look right with the widebody kit fitted. Would need a 30mm adaptors to get the wheels out far enough.
Have not priced up tires yet or new wheels. The kit and shipping are going to hit me for £1000 to get to the UK. That includes a rear defusser and the insert that fits into he front bumper.
Planning on 12" rears, and either 10.5 or 11" fronts, all in 17" diameter. I don't like to carry unnecessary weight if I don't have to, particularly unsprung. Ideally, I could get a 335/30 or 335/35 on the rear, and a 315/35 up front. However, the only 335 I've found in a 17" is the Michelin Pilot Sport (not sure which one it was exactly). Unfortunately, that tire has WAY too long of a tread life for what I'm looking for, grip wise, not to mention they're somewhat expensive.. Will probably end up with 315/35's all around.

As for 19" tires, I hope you're sitting down when you read about them. ;)

scottiedawg66;1897995 said:
has anyone used these fenders with the bomex sides and rears? I am curious how that all lines up.

can any one post high res pictures of how the gas tank, body trim, and skirts / rear fender all match up? the kit looks awesome from far away, but I would like to see some detail pictures to determine how "factory" it will look.
I think MytMk3 (in this very thread) has some bomex-style sides and rears on his car.

As for how factory it looks, that is 100% up to your body guy. Shine's parts are very well made, even more so considering they're an aftermarket supplier. However, if you have some shmuck like me putting them on your car, it probably won't look worth a crap. Have somebody who does this for a living (for good reason) put them on your car, and well... there's going to be a very obvious difference. ;)

mytmk3

Oct 16, 2007
christchurch
I had genuine bomex sides and still have the rears on Mine with a bit of jiggery pokerey moding the Lower section but it won't look "stock" but I thought that was the point. I'm now running regulus style sides from shine as I think they suit it better but it's all personal opinion

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Amar

Apr 15, 2008
San Diego
scottiedawg66;1897995 said:

You can't use Bomex sides with the Kaze rear over fenders, which is the style that Shineauto sells. You'll have to use the Kaminari, Regulus, S2, Kaze, or Do Luck sides.