Why BOV WHY!!!!

noel

Uchiha Member
May 5, 2008
Miami, Florida, United States
WTF BOV went Bad WIthout Any Warning!!?? WHat THe Hell makes them go bad??
IT was Working Fine yesterday and all day until now!! I have a TurboXS BOV [not reculated]

IM driveing normaly.. i floor it all the way to readline and all i get is FLuttering even at mid RPM it flutters
I had that BoV for 2 Years [Fully Tighten]...so i decided to loosen it up to c if that fixes the PRoblem it did nothing! all the hoses/Pipe are connected no air leaks anywhere! I DOnt UNDERSTAND wHy they go BAck Can someone Explain this TO me im very Pissed off!

Last edited:

noel

Uchiha Member
May 5, 2008
I know for sure its bad i just dont know why and how lol Wat type should i get i really dont care about the sound i just wanna make sure i have the least amount of fluttering ..

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

RazoE;1553606 said:
lube her up..!

THat did NOthing lol

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
You sure there wasn't a tear in the diaphragm? Make sure you have quality vac lines. Cheaper silicone hose will usually get pinched closed, especially when it gets hot.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
It's a fairly simple device with not a whole lot that can go wrong. It's likely either the spring, the diaphragm, debris/gunked up, or a burr keeping it from operating properly.

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
My old school Blitz would freeze up occasionally. I cleaned it, lubed it, worked, then stopped working again. I've done this about two or three times over miles and miles.

If you get a different design away from the brass pistons, the problem goes away.

I never had that problem with my HKS, or Sard units. They look dirty from use, age, but have never given me one issue like the Blitz does.

Angry7M

Formerly redmaro
Sep 6, 2007
AZ
hvyman;1554105 said:
Flutters.

Then you need to get it cleaned, I have one as well and it's the cleanest Blow Off Valve I had.

WhtMa71;1553616 said:
You sure there wasn't a tear in the diaphragm? Make sure you have quality vac lines. Cheaper silicone hose will usually get pinched closed, especially when it gets hot.

The Turbo XS RLF has no diaphragm. Its really simple and I don't see how it can go bad, unless it wore out some how, since it does rub metal against metal. I would check for vaccum/boost leaks, if the springs is working it should be fine, check that the BOV it's not leaking at the threads on the top cover.

noel

Uchiha Member
May 5, 2008
WOw IM so Stupid!!:3d_frown: LOl all i can do is laugh. The BOV wasn't the PROBLEM why it wasn't Blowing off....The 90* hose on the side of the intake Manifold was closeing on itself under pressure.. I bought a hose package from SupraSPort about 2 years ago I just switched the hose with a harder hose and Bingo the BOV did it's job BBBSHSHHHhs!

All this after i bought a greddy type RS for $250. I was pretty pissed off after it did nothing!! lol i still love my TURBO XS Loud as Fu** BOV. I dont like the Sound the Greddy Makes. NOW its FOR SALE

THe ONly thing i dont Understand is why it flutters alil after the BOV Blows OFF maybe cuz it's Fully tighten???

Attachments

• hose..jpg
    hose..jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 17

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
What turbo are you running?

Loosen it as much as possible. Just make sure no air comes at idle and it doesnt open before full boost.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
noel;1554724 said:
WOw IM so Stupid!!:3d_frown: LOl all i can do is laugh. The BOV wasn't the PROBLEM why it wasn't Blowing off....The 90* hose on the side of the intake Manifold was closeing on itself under pressure.. I bought a hose package from SupraSPort about 2 years ago I just switched the hose with a harder hose and Bingo the BOV did it's job BBBSHSHHHhs!

All this after i bought a greddy type RS for $250. I was pretty pissed off after it did nothing!! lol i still love my TURBO XS Loud as Fu** BOV. I dont like the Sound the Greddy Makes. NOW its FOR SALE

THe ONly thing i dont Understand is why it flutters alil after the BOV Blows OFF maybe cuz it's Fully tighten???

Yeah, I did the same thing with my HKS SSQV, I was moving some stuff in my engine bay, drove off and it fluttered BIG TIME..

I finally broke down and bought a new one, as I was opening the package and admiring it, when I noticed my vacuum line to it was pinched...!!

I also had already promised it to my brother in law, so I kept the new one, but I felt stupid..:D