Who wants a FFIM from SupraSport? Gauging Interest

KevinM

Knowledge driven
Mar 30, 2005
Seattle, WA
www.cardomain.com
I should have been more clear, I meant lack of interest to get pay for something like this. I'm all for more parts for our cars, but the reason they didn't complete the project was likely that they saw the lack of interest to sell enough units to justify the costs, group buy or beyond.

blk92suprat;2066045 said:
^
Yes, due to casting costs....hence why a group buy could be the answer if there is enough interest.

blk92suprat

J Zizzle
Jul 6, 2008
USA
Well I am hoping this is not the case.
Please chime in if you want to be added to unofficiall list to gauge interest in this part.

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
No need for a long runner, egr, etc.

Deciding over low range, high range power bands is part of the game, but that will just depend on what your turbo likes.

blk92suprat

J Zizzle
Jul 6, 2008
USA
Well do you know if this requires alternator to drop..ac removal? I prefer long runner since this is not all out race car. I also require provisions for egr,iscv,csi.
These options are highly unlikely doable with short and medium runners.

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
blk92suprat;2066464 said:
Well do you know if this requires alternator to drop..ac removal? I prefer long runner since this is not all out race car. I also require provisions for egr,iscv,csi.
These options are highly unlikely doable with short and medium runners.

I believe this is the original issue that suprasport had. I also dont see them doing much lately so I am not sure they would be willing to pick the project back up even if you could generated a list of interested buyers. I always liked the idea of a factory looking cast manifold but will be building my own so that doesn't help you much.

I agree a long runner is a better option for street car depending on your goals, but the low VE range velocity can be tuned in other parts of the system to achieve low end torque if you have to.

As for the sound performance manifold, if you look at the picture you can see it sweeps around the alternator leaving it as well as AC in the stock location. You are correct that EGR can be a little tricky to integrate on a short runner but it is do-able. Most, including sound performance, do include iscv and csi. It is easy to add on the underside of the manifold and much cleaner looking which is why you do not see either in the pic.

It would be great if you could have gotten this rolling again but the MKIII dedicated owners group is narrowing, most have a bit more money and dedication but still a much smaller customer base.

Alec

SP Tuned
Apr 6, 2009
Illinois
All Sound Performance intake manifolds have IAC flanges, it would be stupid to have a car without an IAC. CSI could also be added if someone really wanted, but most people interested in an aftermarket intake would likely be running a standalone anyway, thus rendering CSI and EGR useless.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
iirc that was with old owners as well. Not sure if the new owners still have any of of the original concepts.

also seth makes manifolds with all that stuff. not hard actually to have a custom manifolds that incorporates everything your looking for.

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
FFIMs are expensive. I would get a Sound Performance one. Quality and fitment will never disappoint!

Plus, not many other companies are making it for the 7M.