who owns this car!?!?!

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
Heh i remember accidentally stumbling upon this car while i was looking for the bathroom at the PACNW supra national dyno event in 06'. I remember walking past a blue MKIII with no hood and stopped in my tracks, turned around and saw the 2j in there. Immediately lost my need to take a shit. These pictures REALLY dont do this car justice.

Turbo Drifter

Dec 8, 2005
Surrey, BC Canada
The most time consuming part of the exhaust was cutting and prepping the 4" pipe wedges. I spent 4 nights doing that and then 5 days piecing and tacking them together. Tommy was a great help with the routing and finish TIG welding.

Heh i remember accidentally stumbling upon this car while i was looking for the bathroom at the PACNW supra national dyno event in 06'. I remember walking past a blue MKIII with no hood and stopped in my tracks, turned around and saw the 2j in there. Immediately lost my need to take a shit. These pictures REALLY dont do this car justice.

Yeah that's the one, I had it in the shop for the exhaust and some finish fab work. I worked there at the time and it was hard to pass up all the access to good equipment. I was so busy with the dyno I had no time to talk to anyone, glad you found the car and liked it.

Jeremy

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
turbo drifter stated it cost $1000... most people cringe at that high of a number...
but if that was the cost for the downpipe, and full exhaust, its actually a pretty damn good deal considering its materials, pieces, and the amount of welding involved.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Rennat;1206151 said:
turbo drifter stated it cost $1000... most people cringe at that high of a number...
but if that was the cost for the downpipe, and full exhaust, its actually a pretty damn good deal considering its materials, pieces, and the amount of welding involved.

1000 in materials is cheap. My muffler only with V band for it wasn't far off that price.

You can do things nice and right the first time when building a custom exhaust and this is what he did. ;) This is also something that others won't have either.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
upgradedsupra;1206153 said:
1000 in materials is cheap. My muffler only with V band for it wasn't far off that price.

You can do things nice and right the first time when building a custom exhaust and this is what he did. ;) This is also something that others won't have either.

yeah your burns exhaust is really nice. his exhaust is pretty nice too, i like seeing custom exhaust vs. the bolt on ones...

and im going to do a dual 3'', just need to order my downpipe and then i'll start fabbing it up. not be nearly as nice as that, but it will still be the same concept.

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
It looks great and the craftsmanship is 1st rate.

Not to be a kill joy but...wouldn't a mandrel bent exhaust flow better given that there wouldn't be all those sharp little angles and resulting hard edges? Just thinking out loud.
I like it anyway, its certainly "showier" looking than mandrel bent pipe.

Turbo Drifter

Dec 8, 2005
Surrey, BC Canada
suprabad;1208865 said:
It looks great and the craftsmanship is 1st rate.

Not to be a kill joy but...wouldn't a mandrel bent exhaust flow better given that there wouldn't be all those sharp little angles and resulting hard edges? Just thinking out loud.
I like it anyway, its certainly "showier" looking than mandrel bent pipe.

Thanks.

To answer you're question its not really going to make a difference. We made lots of wedges per bend and its very smooth. The only thing smoother as you said would be a mandrel bent pipe. I did this to be different and show that you do not have to do what the other guy dose all the time. The diffrence in flow from a mandrel to this is negligible and the 4" flows so much as it is in my application its a moot point.

One other nice thing with the bends like the ones we did is it makes it possible to have very tight bends over being stuck with a mandrel radius.

Jeremy