Who owns this car?

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
I forget who owns this car. Took me a while to find this picture. And it's taking me forever to find the owner.

RacingHartREV17x8and17x9.jpg

KevinM

Knowledge driven
Mar 30, 2005
Seattle, WA
www.cardomain.com
Rodel - It was somebody else's Supra (a white one that looked just like that one) that he had done the swap on, but yeah, not his. I only remember from the webpage he had set up back in 99 or whenever for his car. It had also showcased a white Supra with the full Bomex kit on it and the 2nd JZ swap that they had completed.

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
Looks like they replaced the factory chrome/stainless trim with a solid plain black rubber. Im not a big fan of chrome/stainless. I think the black molding gives a sleeker more modern look. Its really clean. IF it had a stock front bumper and stock 89+ wing, it would be perfect.

SuprA70

SF.com 'Grounded' Champ
The OEM replacements I got from Toyota years ago are black... even the corners. The pieces themselves are metal, just coated black from the factory.

p2033799_1.jpg

Last edited:

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
This shows what I'm talking about. I like the look of the subtle black trim.

The stock trim might come back but it doesn't last forever and your left with a shiny stainless trim.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
New oem windshield corners are black. If the corners are chrome, that means the black has worn away

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
SuprA70;2033799 said:
The OEM replacements I got from Toyota years ago are black... even the corners. The pieces themselves are metal, just coated black from the factory.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v154/SuprA70/Supra%20Pics/100_3159.jpg[/im][/QUOTE]

Mike, is this white car Ray's former car? Or Aaron's (Mike Urnano's friend)?

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
You can do a vinyl wrap over the corners if your black has worn away. Much easier than replacing the piece with new and it's super cheap and fairly easy. I never did a vinyl wrap before and it only took me two attempts to get it right. I agree that it makes the car look much better than with the out of place looking chrome up there. It took me a few years of owning my Supra to realize that those were even supposed to be black because 99% of MK3's have the black worn off. Even mine did and I got it with only 70k miles.

Before

After

Sorry to distract from the thread Rodel, just wanted to spread a little information.