Which Wideband to go with ?

turbogate

Life is Boost
May 18, 2005
South, FL
CryoSlash said:
innovative can plug into a laptop, partly the reason im leaning towards it.

So does the UEGO, its just that the LC1 has two of those analog outputs compared to one on the UEGO. So the LC1 can be connected to a laptop and a ECU like the maftpro or AEM. However, if one is using the AEM EMS anyways, that single signal that goes to the AEM is then routed back to any laptop you may be using for dataloging anyways, so for me one analog output is all I need. Either ways, they all work fine.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
i went with the Innovate LC-1 with the xd-16 gauge.

i bought it from dr. jonez. :) super fast/well packed shipping.

-shaeff

Krister

Holset lover
May 2, 2005
Finland, Europe
drjonez said:
a few things to look for- can you free air calibrate it? can you program the output curves?

What do you mean with this?

I have the LM1/XD16 in my MKIV, I've hooked up all the wires and power but I havent still installed the sensor in the downpipe.

What do I need so I can log the AFR's with my laptop and have an RPM scaling as well?

bentandbroken

Lackluster
Jan 17, 2007
i wish it was paradise
Are you going to tune the motor yourself or are you just using the A/F meter for a reference?

If it's the latter, i would use the a/f meter from 3 bar racing. http://www.3barracing.com/product_3.htm It's relatively cheap and let's you know when you're lean, rich, and on the money. Plus it can be run off of the stock o2 sensor. Not good for tuning, but if you're getting it dyno tuned the shop should have a wideband.

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
Krister said:
What do you mean with this?

i mean just what it says. both those things are important and add functionality/flexibility.

Krister said:
I have the LM1/XD16 in my MKIV, I've hooked up all the wires and power but I havent still installed the sensor in the downpipe.

What do I need so I can log the AFR's with my laptop and have an RPM scaling as well?

some sort of device to take in the LM-1's analog output- eman, EMU, MAFT pro, standalone or any of innovate's datalogging options.

bentandbroken said:
Are you going to tune the motor yourself or are you just using the A/F meter for a reference?

If it's the latter, i would use the a/f meter from 3 bar racing. http://www.3barracing.com/product_3.htm It's relatively cheap and let's you know when you're lean, rich, and on the money. Plus it can be run off of the stock o2 sensor. Not good for tuning, but if you're getting it dyno tuned the shop should have a wideband.

certainly not the best idea. you're attempting to use a NB signal to monitor AF....if you like blinky idiot lights, have @ it....if you want REAL data, get a WB.

bentandbroken

Lackluster
Jan 17, 2007
i wish it was paradise
I understand it's just an idiot light, but it's better than nothing. That's why I said if you're not going to tune the motor yourself it's an option. I personally will go with a wideband, but this is a really cheap option for people that just want to know if they're in the "danger zone."

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
bentandbroken said:
I understand it's just an idiot light, but it's better than nothing. That's why I said if you're not going to tune the motor yourself it's an option. I personally will go with a wideband, but this is a really cheap option for people that just want to know if they're in the "danger zone."

eh. from my exp. by the time a NB "AF" meter lets you know things are "lean" you're already screwed....

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Question: Can you use an LC-1 with hooked up to the MAFT-Pro and XD-16? Reason being: once I have the MAFT-Pro tuned the way I want it, I will be hiding it behind the glove box so no one with mess with it. I want the A/F readout in front of me though...

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
starscream5000 said:
Question: Can you use an LC-1 with hooked up to the MAFT-Pro and XD-16? Reason being: once I have the MAFT-Pro tuned the way I want it, I will be hiding it behind the glove box so no one with mess with it. I want the A/F readout in front of me though...

sure can.

the MAFT pro gets one of the analog outputs, the XD-16 connects to the serial bus.

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
Justin727 said:
Sorry to bring the thread back from death but which widebands have the many few have wired in and have working properly with the maft pro??
The PLX DM-100 caught my eye.
Just looking for something that plays well with the Maft-pro....

I have the LC1 and XD16. Plays VERY nicely with the maft pro.

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
drjonez said:
shoulda just jumped the border and picked one up from me....

i saw the prices for the gauge and lc1, and i got one for 300 Canadian shipped with the gauge. I should have contacted you 1st but i got excited too fast :(

Last edited:

Mo87NA

1987 7M-GE & 1991 7M-GTE
Mar 31, 2005
Upstate NY
PLX 500 here...Haven't gotten a chance to install it yet, but I've heard good things about it...

Mo