Which Is A Better Upgrade...

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
foreverpsycotic;1486806 said:
SEARCH. Jesus Christ.

Mike, I'm not sure he's going to find the answer to this question through God.

He may want to look at the technical section of Supramania though..........:biglaugh:

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
foreverpsycotic;1486806 said:
SEARCH. Jesus Christ.

BAD foreverpsycotic. No biscuit.

Do *NOT* pull the search card unless you are willing to teach how to use it, dammit. That means explaining why it would help AND posting pre-tested search terms that find relevant information.

I've said this many times already. Simply telling people to search is a fast route to destroying the forum. Cut it out.

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I upgraded my MKIII intank denso to a MKIV intank denso because I do not like the sounds of the fuelpump whinning away.

I suppliment the intank with a inline walbro that enables as needed determined by boost. Controlled by the ECU.

But the intank denso will run and sound exactly like your old stock pump. Which was the big selling point on it for me anyways.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
suprahero;1486853 said:
Mike, I'm not sure he's going to find the answer to this question through God.

He may want to look at the technical section of Supramania though..........:biglaugh:

GrimJack;1486857 said:
BAD foreverpsycotic. No biscuit.

Do *NOT* pull the search card unless you are willing to teach how to use it, dammit. That means explaining why it would help AND posting pre-tested search terms that find relevant information.

I've said this many times already. Simply telling people to search is a fast route to destroying the forum. Cut it out.

IJ.;1486882 said:
JC prefers the Mk4 Denso if he's running less than 20psi boost ;)

holding someone's hand yet again.
Below is the SOP (standard operating procedure) for a search engine.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=walbro+255+vs+denso+280

whitemike

Banned
Aug 30, 2009
Winter Park, Florida, United States
Flateric;1487055 said:
I upgraded my MKIII intank denso to a MKIV intank denso because I do not like the sounds of the fuelpump whinning away.

I suppliment the intank with a inline walbro that enables as needed determined by boost. Controlled by the ECU.

But the intank denso will run and sound exactly like your old stock pump. Which was the big selling point on it for me anyways.

I agree, 100%

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
Go with the denso for no more then 500-600hp
Because if you buy the walbro you dont know if it is the real walbro or a cheap knock off.
The denso is more reliable & quiter.

If you plan higher performance than above go with a really good aftermarket single pump like aeromotive or any that meet the LPH to injected & forced induction ratting.

For example the aeromotive A1000 is rated for 1000HP N/A 800HP Forced induction keeping 45+psi across the board.

Of course you also know by now that you should upgrade the fuel rail & go with top feed injectors when going above 500hp.
The new fuel rails have a -8 AN 1/2" bore through & through with dual inlets and a center tap outlet ideal for even pressure & high flow to the injectors.

Side feed OEM rail the whole diameter of the rail is that and even if you bored it out so its paper thin you still cant bore out around the sides of the side feed inectors which impede the rail flow so even putting a 600-1000cc injector in a sidefeed is waste because the spray patern wouldnt be right and for the amount you would pay for the matching toyota(because nissan is different) denso side feed injectors with high impedence you can pay for the top feed rail & a set of new flow tested RC injectors.

Last edited: