Where to get male 1/4" bspt to male -6an fitting in the U.S. / water neck

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Well here we are searching all over the web for one fitting and Im ready to pull my hair out:: angry ::

Im looking for male 1/4" bsp to male -6an, in aluminum or something thing other then steel that wont rust and in the U.S. I need it for the coolant heck for the turbo coolant line.

I found one place in the U.K. and one in australia (speedflow) that has them but no one has them in the U.S. ??? The only one I found in the U.S. is Pegaus racing in WI, but is made of steel:(

If anything I guess I will have to find some one down under to buy it and have them ship it to me.

Figgie said he found them but couldn't remember where. Any one else find this fitting in the U.S.?

Last edited:

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
90T04;1440042 said:

I didn't see any part #'s for the one I need, So I will have to call them about it.

adampecush;1440043 said:
machine shop custom made?

Would rather not spend 2 hundo on a simple part. If worst comes to worst and no one knows where to get one (witch I can believe since there are several members using aftermarket liqued cooled turbos) I will remove the neck drill and tap the hole to 3/8 NPT. Or have Australian member buy one and send it to me from speedflow. I just would like to keep the OEM fitting size on the neck.

And yes the one from suprasport that comes with the install kit is the wrong fitting/size ;)

Speedflow's link to fitting
http://www.speedflow.com.au/adapters.html

Last edited:

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
Is this the one you need?
p1440072_1.jpg

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Depends if you have the correct thread size / fitting or you just made the npt "work", but yes that would be the one.

BTW npt=27 threads per inch & BST= 28 TPI. the 7m uses BST

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Yep IIRC that is also what suprasport uses, and is the wrong size. That is why Jake stripped out the fitting / his water neck. You have seen the destroyed fitting at my place. Also who long did you drive / run the engine that it didnt leak a drop?

<----Would rather do it the correct way, with the correct fitting.

Last edited:

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
Give Andy a call at Elwood racing. 320 203 8949

He has done more plumbing than I would dare shake a stick at. And it is possible that he has something on the self that will work for you.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Well Sean, you work for suprasport, why would you sell that fitting with the install kit then?

Yes I know it isnt the correct one or even pipe thread for that fact. Still need the correct one.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Ok what ever, you only answer the phone for them, I get it.

Now back to the subject at hand, the correct fitting (singular not plural). If this thread keeps going this way I will just have a mod close it down and send some PM's to some down under members and have them pick the fitting up for me and mail it to me state side. Just figured some one on SM would have some help full information on the correct fitting.

4U2QUIK

1UZFE SWAP DUDE!!!
you can just re-thread the british straight pipe thread with a same sized npt tap. I do this all the time. Works great 90% of the time. the other 10% is when the bspt was drilled the wrong size to begin with.
the npt and the bspt's are the samme thread, just one is tapered so it seals up.