Where to buy a TRD strut Bar

Suprastic

Apr 8, 2005
Manitoba
Does anyine know where I can buy a TRD front upper strut bar. I think Ron has one on his car. I can only seem to find them for MKIV's though Champion Toyota. Do they make them for MKIII's?

turbo

Mr. Clean
Apr 27, 2005
Calgary
I checked into getting a TRD strut bar also but you have to modify it to make it work. I think it has to do with the hood clearance or coil pack clearance. I am super interested if you find out how because the TRD strut bars are very nice.

Geoff

robbo185

Apr 6, 2005
Chicago
arent there only 3 of them or something in the world?? wasnt there a thread like this a few weeks ago. I couldnt remember if it was TRD or another brand

hot dayam mk3

Oct 17, 2005
here's mine and i bought it off a member on the supraforums brandnew for $80picked up...
191358773_l.jpg

all you need to do is put spacers on the rear of the hood to clear this strut bar since its from a mkIV... or you can bank the shet out of the inside of the hood or modify it somehow.... but it doesnt hurt to lift the hood up just a bit especially it helps vent out heat from the engine bay.

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
You can buy it from Toyota, like all TRD equipment still in production. They also still make an lsd for our cars.
eric

May 18, 2007
Aarhus
Can anyone tell me what exactly has to been done in terms of modifications in order to make the TRD mkIV front strut bar fit a mkIII?

I've been searching this for some time now but it seems that there are different views on this.

935motorsports

Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, CA
To make the MK4 bar fit, you turn it around and elongate the bolt holes just a tad.

"trd" will be upside down

The bar might touch the hood though, so check for clearance before driving off.

To make it fit right, you'd have to cut and re-weld the middle or one of the ends.

The MK3 TRD bar from Japan fits right on.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I didn't cut the bar. I just cut the welds holding the bar to the bracket, and then welded it back. It's so simple, a cave man can do it..................:biglaugh:

O.K. that was cheezy, but you get the point.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
What does this do exactly? I can't see it stiffening anything (outside the placebo anyway) without triangulating into the cowl/firewall.