Where the hell have YOU been man? Long time no see!

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
Well since Ive been asked I thought I'd explain, for those of you that remember me: hey! For those of you that dont: Hi, Im Daryl nice to meet you. And yes Jayhall is part of my real name. I kind of slowly dropped of the forum scene in the past couple of years. I dont really have an reason for this other than I was craving change. Im just going to go back to when I have a clear memory of logging in and posting everyday.

So its June or so, 2008 (I think) I moved out of my parents house and into a basement suite with my girlfriend of 5+ years at the time. Everyone would always ask me "when are you going to get married" and my answer was always "When I figure out if I can live under the same roof as her" So a year goes by, exactly a year, and a month in fact. So I called her up and said "dont go anywhere, I have something to talk to you about" The next day I moved out and we were no longer dating. I moved into a friends basement and I was all alone, facing a world I knew little about.

As time passed a friend of mine who I didnt talk with all that much anymore invited me to hang out with him at work. He knew that essentially I was fucked now and had nothing left. I was drained, scared and alone. Him being a bartender at a local lounge made it possible for me to hang out with him even though we worked opposite shifts. Our friendship picked up right where it left off a few years prior and before I knew it he was moving in as a room mate. He introduced me to all of his work friends, most of which were extremely good looking gals so life was looking better every day.

As my 25th birthday approached I had a profound thought. I am a 1/4 century old. Everything I didnt like about my first 25 years could be left behind, and I get to start the next 25 years of my life fresh, and do things the way that I wanted to do them. Holy shit, a second chance. I created that (still amazed) So 2 weeks before my 25th I packed my bags up and went on vacation to SoCal. My about to be new roommates mom lives in Upland, so I took vacation from my shitty low paying job (that I took to keep my now EX happy) took the little savings that I had and did something I had never done before. Travelled! When I got back I pulled every string I had and put together a 25th birthday party that no one will forget. I rented a pool hall (which ended up being free because it turns out the owner and I played hockey together in highschool!) and got 2 bands to show up. One of which consisted of a friend, and just happened to be one of my favorite bands at the time and even still today and the other was another friends first real gig. Of course it didnt pay, that was their gift to me. Anyway, everyone who mattered showed up. I had over 100 people packed into this little dingy pool hall called the attic. Next 25 years starting with a boom. Mission accomplished

Shortly after th 2010 olympic winter games were hosted in vancouver, a short 25 min drive away. That was an experiance and a half. I truely hope that everyone gets to attend the olympics at some point in their life. It was magical. So as Im making my way, struggling at a warehouse job I get a phone call on lunch break one day. Talk about timing. It was the owner of a earth moving company asking if I could fill in for a week. I happened to have the week off. My second week of the summer. Again, timing is key here people!! So after the one week, I am offered a full time posistion driving articulated dump trucks, again. I did this job before but what was different is at this company I was the #2 seniority driver. Sweet shit, my hourly wage doubles and my weeks get about 10 hours longer.

Lets fast forward a little. I am now living in a house with my roommate and his girlfriend. We left the basement for a bigger place. This is great, living with 2 people who are the best people in the world. This as it turns out is quite key to me learning a lot about myself. I would have thought that everyone was impossible to live with and might have given up on the idea of finding a girl to live with and eventually marry. (shit got rough, and a little weird) But the love I felt from my roommates and the way we interacted with each other restored my faith in humans. Around the same time I had, lets call it a "thing" with a girl who had previously been one of my best friends in the world. Again, a few good people changed my view on ever thing. So as I am adventuring through a life that I am now very much in love with, making a great living an opportunity knocks. Long story short, I am off to Fort McMurray Alberta to spend 5 months working in the oil sands up north. Moral of this story? MONEY!

So now that I am back the living situation has changed, the roommates needed a place of their own. I decided to move back in with my parents for a little while, so that I can look to buy a townhouse. For those of you not familar with the Vancouver BC real estate market, its fucked. Everything it way to expensive but I cant throw my money away at rent any longer. A 3 bedroom town house priced at 300k is the going rate but Im going for it. Also I am now the number 1 seniority driver with my company. I purchased a 2005 dodge ram 2500 cummins diesel for a new work truck and am loving the shit out of it!

How about the supra you may ask?? Still 1j'd ;) Running mid 12's at the track. Water meth, battery relocation and some ET streets was my "back from alberta" gift to myself. New paint last year.

Good to see everyone again, I think Ill be a little more regular on checking in.

new whips:
p1825273_1.jpg

new paint:
p1825273_2.jpg

what I do for work, and a current of me:
p1825273_3.jpg

-Daryl

Jayhall

May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
Thanks guys. Yeah, I didn't mean to make such a long post but when kind of giving a rundown of ones life it's tough to go small. I actually left a whole bunch out, just random adventures here and there but the moral of the story is that my pursuit of happiness is going pretty well. As I'm looking around I'm seeing many familiar users all helping run this site in various ways. Very cool, this place truely is like a family

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Ahh... is there a better place to quote "cool story bro?" :p

Just kidding man, it's funny how things work out if you let them and don't give up, isn't it? :D

Price of a house up there though, sheesh!

Jayhall

May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
I keep looking at your guys post counts and find myself wondering, "holy shit what did I miss!?" And one thing Im noticing is that questions get answered really fast. Still the best forum on the internet

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Jayhall;1826153 said:
I keep looking at your guys post counts and find myself wondering, "holy shit what did I miss!?" And one thing Im noticing is that questions get answered really fast. Still the best forum on the internet

I would say you can thank Tapatalk for that. ;)

SM on my phone is my favorite way to pass an extra 60 seconds at work while I'm waiting for some program to start up or something.