Where is your favourite place to eat?

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
I will be embarking on a 12,000km road trip in July across the USA, ultimately to eat delicious authentic southern BBQ, so I will be stopping for several days in both Kansas City and Memphis, along with a slew of other places as well, including New Orleans, Las Vegas, etc.

The main goal is to eat delicious food, so I ask you Americans this: what is your favourite place to eat? If you know of somewhere near any of these cities, I'd be interested to know!

The following is a list of the major (and a couple minor) cities we will be stopping in or driving through:

Denver, CO
Kansas City, MO
Memphis, TN
New Orleans, LA
Houston, TX
Dublin, TX (Dr. Pepper!)
Ft. Worth, TX
Roswell, NM
Las Vegas, NV
San Francisco, CA
Seattle, WA
Vancouver, BC

Even if it's just a place I won't be near, I'd still like to know. I just want to hear from everyone!

Jeff

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Tuna town. sushi in huntington beach,ca main st.

Ramen at matsuwa japanese market in costa mesa,ca.

Baby blues bbq in venice,ca (was on diners, drive ins, and dives)

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
Well, near the end of the trip, we will be spending a night in Vancouver (White Rock actually, probably), so that may be the time to do it!

It would probably be around July 29th, perhaps.

Jeff

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Jeff Lange;1718113 said:
I will be embarking on a 12,000km road trip in July across the USA, ultimately to eat delicious authentic southern BBQ, so I will be stopping for several days in both Kansas City and Memphis, along with a slew of other places as well, including New Orleans, Las Vegas, etc.

The main goal is to eat delicious food, so I ask you Americans this: what is your favourite place to eat? I will post up a planned list of places we plan on stopping at in a bit, as I don't have it with me at the moment. If you know of somewhere near any of these cities, I'd be interested to know!

Even if it's just a place I won't be near, I'd still like to know. I just want to hear from everyone!

Jeff

TAKE Me :runaway:

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
If you are stopping in Memphis, you need to swing by Nashville, I've got a place you can crash and we have some good eats here too.

IJ.;1718127 said:

When are you coming to chill in the US old man?

O and places to eat here (nashville):
Fat Moes (not as good as it used to be)
Fudruckers
Princes Chicken
Five Guys ( I know its not a local type place but its an awesome burger)

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
I had a Five Guys burger a couple days ago. I won't eat anywhere we have here, haha.

I'm also (generally) trying to avoid fast-food type places (except for In 'n Out, and a couple other gems, haha).

I doubt I'll eat very many burgers, fried chicken, etc. That sort of thing isn't really on the list, unless it's apparently unreal, in which case I will make an effort!

Jeff

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Jeff Lange;1718126 said:
Well, near the end of the trip, we will be spending a night in Vancouver (White Rock actually, probably), so that may be the time to do it!

It would probably be around July 29th, perhaps.

Jeff
If it's BEFORE July 29th, I'll be here. I'm out of the city starting the morning of the 29th.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
GrimJack;1718153 said:
If it's BEFORE July 29th, I'll be here. I'm out of the city starting the morning of the 29th.

Looks like my current schedule has me there arriving on the 28th and leaving on the 30th, so perhaps the night of the 28th would work?

Jeff

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
GrimJack;1718153 said:

Looks like my current schedule has me there arriving on the 28th and leaving on the 30th, so perhaps the night of the 28th would work?

Jeff

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Jeff Lange;1718147 said:
I had a Five Guys burger a couple days ago. I won't eat anywhere we have here, haha.

I'm also (generally) trying to avoid fast-food type places (except for In 'n Out, and a couple other gems, haha).

I doubt I'll eat very many burgers, fried chicken, etc. That sort of thing isn't really on the list, unless it's apparently unreal, in which case I will make an effort!

Jeff

We have some good places, perfect pig in white bluff is world reknown bbq

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
The following is a list of the major (and a couple minor) cities we will be stopping in or driving through:

Denver, CO
Kansas City, MO
Memphis, TN
New Orleans, LA
Houston, TX
Dublin, TX (Dr. Pepper!)
Ft. Worth, TX
Roswell, NM
Las Vegas, NV
San Francisco, CA
Seattle, WA
Vancouver, BC