Where does the Fuel Pressure VSV mount on the intake side?

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
I'm all ready to bolt the intake manifold back up, however, the only thing preventing me from doing so, is the VSV for the fuel pressure regulator. I can't for the life of me see how the thing mounts up, there are no leftover brackets, but the VSV has a bolt hole on a tag, so...does it bolt to the manifold from the join?

this is how the bay looks at the moment:

IMG_2685.jpg

Any idea's? Just this, the valve clearances and the oil feed to the turbo is all that stands between me and a running engine!

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
the only thing i suggest is to prime the fuel pump before starting the car with the diagnostic box this way you can find a leek and don't have chance of a fire

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
Be sure to use zip ties on all those lines. Nothing's more annoying that trying to get in there later to fit them back onto things you cannot see or feel. If you're running higher than normal fuel pressure, I found that removing that VSV made no difference with hot or cold starts.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
IJ.;1620773 said:
No power to the ECU = no signal to the pump ;)

There is a med for alzheimers you know.The colloquial term is "smart pills".

tekdeus;1620777 said:
I found that removing that VSV made no difference with hot or cold starts.

There is a good chance your your hot restart in B.C., and a hot start in Socal or Texas, or Florida is not the same thing.