Wheel hop?

terror

Antibliss
Jun 13, 2008
Alaska
so i went to the 1/4th mile track today and i failed :(
my launches where horrible and plagued with what seemed to be massive amounts of wheel hop as the entire car shaked extremely violently(my lip even fell off).
anyways... what do you guys think this is and how do you think it can be fixed thanks a ton.

SupaMan

Want The Boooooossttttttt
Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
you keep wheel hopping that violently and your lip isnt gonna be the only thing youll have to fix......

but fixing it, stickier tires and the LIPP SS traction arms.

terror

Antibliss
Jun 13, 2008
Alaska
im running 265's in the rear and i ran mid 14's

and could this be the problem
p1321230_1.jpg

terror

Antibliss
Jun 13, 2008
Alaska
that picture was taken a few days before i ran at the track, should replacing this decrease wheel hop significantly

terror

Antibliss
Jun 13, 2008
Alaska
hmm i wonder how long its been like this, doesnt A-1 sell these for our cars? and whats the difference between a rear trailing arm and a traction bar.

casgallo

Not a lurker :)
Apr 3, 2005
New York
Although, I have seen MANY people jack under similar arms and bend them. Even a AAA tow truck driver hooked to the rear arm on a camry and bent it like a paperclip. Makes you stop and think...

SupaMan

Want The Boooooossttttttt
Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
Well lets clear some things up........Listen to IJ those SS arms are great, I plan on getting a set after my clutch job.

Secondly just because you have 265's doesnt mean anything if their not sticky their not sticky.

And lastly........Why the hell did you run the car at the track like that!?