What's your spare tire solution with the Arz BBK?

turbogate

Life is Boost
May 18, 2005
South, FL
Hey guys, I posted this question in the Arz vendor section, but I only 14 views in the last 3 days, so I'm posting on here.

I was just wondering which spare wheel/tire are you running? I have the ARZ 13" BBK kit and MKIV tt rears. I've been running this kit without a spare tire since 2007 and I think I'm pushing my luck :icon_bigg lol.

Can someone confirm that the MKIV TT spare does indeed work? I've seen it mentioned and I see that it's not that expensive. Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
I use an AAA membership. I don't carry a spare, and I haven't for at least two decades by now. Haven't had to call AAA due to a flat, either.

I'd rather use the room for some tools, some oil, and a spare set of brake pads.

turbogate

Life is Boost
May 18, 2005
South, FL
GrimJack;1553498 said:
I use an AAA membership. I don't carry a spare, and I haven't for at least two decades by now. Haven't had to call AAA due to a flat, either.

I'd rather use the room for some tools, some oil, and a spare set of brake pads.

I knew that suggestion was going to come up lol. I almost put "please no AAA suggestion" lol. I thought about it, but I would probably rather replace the tire in 15-20 minutes than wait for a tow truck etc. I still think AAA is a good thing to have however. Thanks

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
turbogate;1553531 said:
I knew that suggestion was going to come up lol. I almost put "please no AAA suggestion" lol. I thought about it, but I would probably rather replace the tire in 15-20 minutes than wait for a tow truck etc. I still think AAA is a good thing to have however. Thanks

When was the last time you had to change a tire? I've had to change brakes and clutches more often.

Apr 6, 2005
Alpharetta, GA
I stash a Mk4 donut in the OEM location. My last AAA call in Jan / Feb 2010 resulted in a 1:15min wait before they had arrived. I was driving one of my other vehicles when I made the call and was disappointed that I had to wait that long.

JZA70 Limited

Jul 19, 2008
Townsville
well if one of your rear wheels can fit over the bbk at the front, the mk4 spare will be fine as that can fit on the back over the mk4 tt brakes. the wheels will be imbalanced left to right, but who cares, its just to get you somewhere to get the original fixed.

turbogate

Life is Boost
May 18, 2005
South, FL
GrimJack;1553576 said:
When was the last time you had to change a tire? I've had to change brakes and clutches more often.

It's been a while, but I drive the Supra 2-4 times a month. I know it's not good practice, but I like to use my tires until they blow up lol (exagerating a little bit) The quote below is the reason I want to have a spare.

BlackDevilSupra;1553596 said:
I stash a Mk4 donut in the OEM location. My last AAA call in Jan / Feb 2010 resulted in a 1:15min wait before they had arrived. I was driving one of my other vehicles when I made the call and was disappointed that I had to wait that long.
That's my concern, having to wait 1hr for something I could do in 20min

JZA70 Limited;1553605 said:
well if one of your rear wheels can fit over the bbk at the front, the mk4 spare will be fine as that can fit on the back over the mk4 tt brakes. the wheels will be imbalanced left to right, but who cares, its just to get you somewhere to get the original fixed.
I'll try that. Thanks

My wheels which are 17" need spacers to clear the front Arz brakes, but it's more a offset issue I believe. Someone from the other forum suggested the 2007 Dodge charger (Bottom of page in link) which is a 18" spare wheel. At only $50, it may be worth trying. They have it for our bolt pattern.
http://www.originalwheels.com/dodge-wheels/charger2007rims.php I'm just hoping there's a confirmed solution/option. I guess I should ask Andy also.

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
JZA70 Limited;1553605 said:

I care, but that's because I have an lsd.

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
GrimJack;1553498 said:

Took me a while to figure how the spare tire and the BBK are related, I guess apprently the steel wheel hits the BBK....wrong/ right?
I don't have a spare tire either. I have the stock jack along with a can of "Fix a Flat",a mini air compressor, AAA menbership and plug kit.

Spare brake pads??? your brakes go out that quick with out warning? isn't there some sort of indication that the brakes are going? Not trying to be a S.A. I guess I don't see why a spare set of pads. I spare beer would be more usefull while your waiting for AAA. Grim, just to let you know, I have alot of respect for you. Your a smart cookie.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
LOL - no, the brake pads don't go out that fast, I get plenty of warning. A while back, I thought my rear pads were going by the squealing noise, so I picked up a set of pads and threw it in the toolbox. Turned out the squeal wasn't the brakes, it was a bit of debris caught in the pad - pulled it out with a pick, and went back to driving them. Never took the pads out of the car.

When this question came up, I posted the pads in the list just because I change them more often than I get flat tires!

dsm_tuner260

Nov 1, 2009
Fort Wayne, Indiana
could always do what i do call a friend have them bring a spare and a jack. but i havent had to do that for about 4 years. i use to carry a spare till i realized i didnt even have a jack in my car

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
GrimJack;1553498 said:

Same here.

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
Why not put a tire plug kit with insertion tool in your car if you get a nail in your tire just plug off the hole then drive to a tire shop when you get the time then have it patched off properly.
If you get nailed in the side wall or get a blow out maintain your car better dont drive over pot holes with low profiles, dont park close to a curb, dont drive with tread worn slicks especially in a wet/rainy condition.
Keep tires at proper PSI. Dont use dry rotted tires from your supra that sat in one spot with a BHG on flats out in the sun for 10+ years.
Avoid driving around in construction area if you do because they have built the roads and didnt finish home building because realestate collapse then its worth the free drift track for the day.

90% + of tire issues flats etc are driver maintenance issues.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Why use a Supra TT spare? Or a dodge wheel? If you wanna carry a spare, just get a fifth wheel that is the same model as the wheels on your car. :naughty::naughty: