What would your 1st hand gun be?

Gmelo30

Aug 7, 2012
Wappingers Falls, NY
What are your opinions on a Ballester Molina .45? My father had one when he lived in South America. I want to get a Ballester but it is almost the the same as a Colt 1911. I am going for my pistol permit and I am trying to decide which pistol to get.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
BoostMonger;1896088 said:
Mine would be a 1911 .45 long slide. Not over compensating or anything ;)
Think it would be enough to put a hole through my neighbor's stereo from my side of the wall? Getting a little sick of hearing their music at 11:46 pm on a night I have to work the next day...

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
te72;1896844 said:
Think it would be enough to put a hole through my neighbor's stereo from my side of the wall? Getting a little sick of hearing their music at 11:46 pm on a night I have to work the next day...

Shit a .22 would be enough to go thru a wall

Sent From My HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

jonahs_supra

May 17, 2011
Lancaster, Ohio, United States
What we did the other day
.22 Ruger MK3 with silencer had no problem going through this dvd player at 75ft
p1897540_1.jpg

Neither did my S&W 40 :)
p1897540_2.jpg

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
BoostMonger;1897045 said:
Shit a .22 would be enough to go thru a wall
Was sarcasm my friend... Should have left a sign on their door that said, "grow the fuck up before Officer Mommy and Daddy have to be called over." :nono:

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
te72;1897842 said:
Was sarcasm my friend... Should have left a sign on their door that said, "grow the fuck up before Officer Mommy and Daddy have to be called over." :nono:

Looool

Sent From My HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

mk3_4me

Apr 24, 2011
Sandy Eggo
Been looking at getting either a Sig Sauer .45, Springfield .45, or possibly a Glock .40. In the wake of the recent shooting, it looks like my decision may have to come relatively quickly, before the government reprimands our 2nd amendment rights.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
mk3_4me;1899874 said:
In the wake of the recent shooting, it looks like my decision may have to come relatively quickly, before the government reprimands our 2nd amendment rights.
Like I told my girlfriend last night, you can't legislate crazy away. If someone intends to do something like this, gun control laws aren't going to stop them. I sincerely doubt it would even be a hindrance. If they take away gun rights from law abiding citizens, the people that will still get them will be the criminal element. Much the same as today, the criminal element does not have a difficult time acquiring firearms.

If anything, restricting gun possession to only law enforcement would only serve to put law enforcement in more danger. If only one or two people are armed, they quickly become priority targets. However, if the number of armed people is unknown... it serves as a deterrent.

All that said, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see the current administration try their damn best to make it happen. :(

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I told some ingrate that thought we should ban all guns the truth: the cat is already out of the bag.

Anyone with basic chemistry knowledge and some pretty basic tools and supplies can make a gun and ammunition in their garage. Sure, it's illegal as all hell, but do you think criminals give a shit about your laws?

Seriously, we've been making crude guns for over a thousand years, you really think you can put the cat back in the bag now?

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Much like I told the girlfriend, take away the guns, people will still find means to act on crazy impulses. Pipe bombs are silly amounts of easy, and if strategically placed/used, one could cause a lot more of a death toll than what happened this week...

suprakidd

Feb 11, 2011
Glendale, Arizona, United States
what would be my first handgun?

glock 26, for ccw of coarse. im a huge believer and supporter of our 2nd amendment right.

one or two armed law abidding citizens could have stopped those cowards. but ppl still think a gun free school is a safe place :nono:

Fd_daderp

Feb 27, 2009
Miami
First hand gun was a firestar .45.... Now a glock 40 is the new baby.

And about our right to bear arms, criminals will always find a way to get their hands on a fire arm. If they take our arms away, it will just leave us defenseless.

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
I was about to buya remington 1911... although I like the ruger's a bit better (1911).... also USP .45 is a good possibility. I would be buying one of these (probably the ruger) if I weren't about to buy another supra.

I can say I've shot an old 1911 and the handling/accuracy (even not aiming) was excellent.

And yes criminals don't give two flying fucks about laws or regulations. All they care about is supply and demand (just look at what a failure prohibition was). Or for that matter the absurd increase of handgun murders in Chicago DURING the handgun ban.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Boss at work posted a picture of a baby with a disgruntled look on its face. Caption says, "Making guns illegal will take them off the street? We should make drugs illegal too!"

trucker

Feb 18, 2006
i'm bad, i'm nationwide
So, I've finally decided on my first....well it was decided for me.

Little back story.

A couple of months ago I was discussing CCW with my gf. I was bitching as usual about being left handed, and the brass ejecting across my field of vision. She said that her brother built guns, and had a couple of cnc machines in the shop behind his house. So she called him up, and we spoke for a bit. What I heard thru the tech talk was basically " u gotta live with it dude".

Turns out he is VP of STI, and there are 6 of those 4 axis cnc machines in the shed out back...he owns Force Productions. Yeah, he might know something about guns I guess.

Lol, my first will be a 1911. Hopefully with a healthy family discount.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2