what the hell is hoodride? pointless?

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
Flipping through some of Mazda's exhibited tuners brought up this red 92 miata. I wouldn't mind owning one of these myself (think they're a great little track car) but why the hell would you take a nice trunk lid and sand the hell out of it? is there any point or history I'm missing?

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/dis...uningPersonal&sectionParameter=tunerProfile50

img_mazdaspd_tuning_personal50_lg_08.jpg

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Good paint from the factory? Check.
20 Grit sand paper? Check.
Rattle can clear? Check.
4 Buddies to help you fuck up your new paint? Check.
Forum and Magazine to take pictures of your newly found, but o so stupid fad? Check.

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
I think I threw up a little in my mouth... :barf:

::shootme:: Period.

And while we're asking what is what.... WTF does 'I'm so e3' mean? Cool? Random, I know...

Kangae

Buzzin' Half Dozen
Sep 13, 2007
Utica, New York
I've never even heard of that. Oh BTW, I heard that that rusted E28 cracked its frame in the front and the guy parted it out, for anyone who's interested.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Kangae;1532342 said:
I've never even heard of that. Oh BTW, I heard that that rusted E28 cracked its frame in the front and the guy parted it out, for anyone who's interested.

Yep, kind of sad. I liked that car, again, from a bystander's view. I wouldn't do that to any car.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
only time i've heard of E3 is that electronics expo: http://www.e3expo.com/

I can see the appeal of rat rods, but at the same time he took a great looking paintjob and screwed up just the trunk. Apparently, people trying to make cars look like shit can't do a halfway decent job anymore.

This guy, on the other hand, is a different story. I just don't have the time to fix him up yet.

p1532380_1.jpg

Kangae

Buzzin' Half Dozen
Sep 13, 2007
Utica, New York
Yeah I agree, I think rat rods are kinda cool. But its more the idea than the look thats ok by me with rat rods, I believe it started because some people wanted to build a car but didnt have all the money in the world for fancy paint jobs, or people with cars already too far gone to spend a lot of time on. But this guy with the miata, who just sands the trunk on a good paintjob, and probably paid a lot of money to have this hoodride deal make it, seems silly.

Or I could be missing the whole point of the hoodride thing, but afaik its the same deal as pre-ripped jeans, pay a lot of money for something that used to be a bad thing.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Old cars have patina, new car made to look like it has patina is like buying those "relic" guitars that are made to look worn the hell out of...

In a word

POSER

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
supra90turbo;1532309 said:
Meh, I don't mind it. I wouldn't do it, but I don't mind it.

trailerIA2.jpg

agreed

IJ.;1532354 said:
No more stupid than "sleepy eyes" "flush" and "strut bars on an a70" or any of the other non functional idiotic Fads.... :nono:

+1

lewis15498;1532734 said:
If your trying to be something you're not, at least be funny about it...
WannaBeVan.jpg

hahahahahahahaha thats great

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
supra90turbo;1532309 said:
Meh, I don't mind it. I wouldn't do it, but I don't mind it.

trailerIA2.jpg

kangae said:
spasticdwarf on Bimmerforums.com. I wasn't aware that he parted it out. Interesting.