What the hell body kit is this?

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
l_c53cb5a81fba4edea470598978d87c0f.jpg

I picked this bumper and sideskirts up at the JUNKYARD today for $60!!

Totally intact, no cracks or NUTHIN! Just some crappy paint. The side skirts have the same "gills" on them the rear bumper does. I've searched and searched and its not VIS, Erebuni, Kaminari, Do Luck, or Bomex. Anyone?

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Grimsta;1204511 said:
l_c53cb5a81fba4edea470598978d87c0f.jpg

I picked this bumper and sideskirts up at the JUNKYARD today for $60!!

Totally intact, no cracks or NUTHIN! Just some crappy paint. The side skirts have the same "gills" on them the rear bumper does. I've searched and searched and its not VIS, Erebuni, Kaminari, Do Luck, or Bomex. Anyone?

Looks liken an Erebuni, no longer displayed on their website.

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
BorHor;1204520 said:
I think these are the ones that you can buy on ebay.
No dice Boris, I checked Ebay thinking the same thing. They're different

rodel;1204522 said:
Looks liken an Erebuni, no longer displayed on their website.
Thats what I thought as well. I seemed to remember Erebuni's having the sorta "cheesy" vintage 80's wannabe high tech look, lol. Its a really well built kit with perfect fitment which also led me to believe not Ebay

I also tried googling and searching on here for Erebuni, but no luck. Anyone got a pic?

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
Ok, its NOT Kaminari, that much we all know. Please dont waste forum space if you're just gonna spout out something you know nothing about.

I have the side skirts as well. Just didnt take a pic of them, they have the lines on the same edge of the wheel well, like the rear bumper does. I'll take some pics today of the side skirts

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I love the front bumper, but you never see it around...

Shine needs to get their hands on it for the pre-89 guys, hell it looks nearly good enough for a 89+ car (would need the nose piece though).

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
Ah, the car didnt have the front bumper, but thats OK, not that big on it. Plus I might be tradin someone for a Bomex front bumper.
I just pulled the sideskirts off at the junk yard today. They were friggin riveted on! But I got it. Yeah, the "slide on" rear bumper is kinda gay, but I can trim as much unusefull material off my stock bumper to compensate a little, then i'll build that rear undertray to prevent the parachute effect.

Ha ha, I was BAFFLED that this kit was sittin in friggin Pick N Pull of all places! LOL

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
Poodles;1204928 said:

Shine needs to get their hands on it for the pre-89 guys, hell it looks nearly good enough for a 89+ car (would need the nose piece though).

Fuck yeah, I'd buy this for the blue one in a heartbeat..!

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
Here's a shot w/ the side skirts on

l_dd8b454f0cff453ca552463401d5a2ac.jpg

Just wait till the kit's prepped and made smooth again and then primered. I'll be a professional Dori Dori w/ a body kit now & vented hood!:biglaugh:

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Poodles;1204928 said:

If there is demand, then Shine will deliver. The problem is that it's not easy to get Supra owners to buy.

walkertx2008

Vivian is a bad Bitch
Oct 1, 2008
Robins Air Force Base, GA
grimsta, i spoke with my friend and come January once i am back in town we i will get a hold of you and let you know when we can come up and get you that bumper and gets us those parts. but so far nothing has changed with the bumper im not planning on using it... mostly cause i dnt have the money to finish the kit or paint it... so just to keep things posted... i will keep in contact with you about it. thanks for your patience.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
That front bumper is the ONLY one made for the pre-89, hence why I said it would probably sell well, but I haven't seen a good example of it in some time...

Tough time trying to sell anything that isn't maintenance for cars these days with the economy :(