What SS brake lines do you have in your Supra?

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
Im looking to buy a set of Stanless steel brake lines for my 87 Turbo Supra but I need one that fits good and that I can use all if the OEM clips fro the lines. I have bought a set of ss brake lines but I've tried to install it in the rear of the car, but the two clips do not line up with the ss brake line:cry:.

What brands do you have in your Supra?(also Im looking for a set that will line up perfect just like the stock brake lines:).

supraguru05

Offical SM Expert: Suspension & Vehicle Dynamic
SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
i have goodridge lines on both my race car and daily driver. the race car has axis metal masters and has been autocrossed for 3 full season and the lines have held up amazingly. you can also get them at a good price i strongly would recommend them

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
Thanks everyone for the response. It sounds like Goodridge ss brake lines then would be the way to go but for those that have them installed in their Supra, Do these lines work with the 2 clips that hold the lines to the body of the car? If someone can confirm this, then I will be looking for a set:).

Thanks.

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
I have the Earls lines on my car and they are great!!!, the rears even have a spring type thing on one end of the line to prevent kinking of the rear lines. I have put these on a few cars.

Randy@BIC

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
Whoever made the TRD ones - that's what I'm running. GREAT upgrade! Add a set of quality pads and some Motul synthetic brake fluid and you'll be set.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
plaaya69 said:
Thanks everyone for the response. It sounds like Goodridge ss brake lines then would be the way to go but for those that have them installed in their Supra, Do these lines work with the 2 clips that hold the lines to the body of the car? If someone can confirm this, then I will be looking for a set:).

Thanks.

IJ. said:
What now?

It's what I'm using and they fit ALL of his criteria....

dirtlord420

just here
Aug 1, 2005
tn
Goodridge ss brake lines. i also just got these. execpt i wasnt sure what i was buying. but looks like i made the right decision. :evil2:

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
i had earls lines on my 86.5 and after 8000 miles or so the front left line started leaking at the fitting.

stock lines for me from now on.... they last 20+ years no problem.

bowsercake

Aug 24, 2005
Irvine, Ca
GReddy SS brake lines here. Not sure where you can get them anymore. They fit with stock line holders if the circle is filed a little to make it bigger.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
i bought earls. it seems like mine are leaking after a year and a half not thrilled about it at all (drivers front). a few more days will tell if i have to replace them it might just be spilled *insert liquid here* dripping down =/ just like lagged it was about 8k miles i had them on too. and he is right about the stockers i wish i did that in the beginning hehe

its always good to inspect these every once in a while.

there has been a lot of arguement in the past that the stock ones are fine enough and the ss are too much maintenance and have to be replaced eventually blah blah blah.