What size are the plastic clips for the plastic strips in the door jam.

LAYZORBEEMZ

JZX73 owner
Jun 28, 2009
Maple Ridge, B.C.
As title says, the plastic strips that go at the bottom of the door jams that say supra on them, I'm trying to find out what size the clips are that hold the screws when you screw them in. My clips are broken from taking the old plastic things out, I have new ones to replace them.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Sure you can! There's a couple ways to go about it.

Bodyshops have a sticky gum like bit that works... it stays sticky forever... put three gobs of it down, one at either end and one in the middle. Won't hold things on at speed, but as the sill never sees any serious wind, it'll work fine.

Or go the anchor style - use drywall style plastic anchors, just make sure you use big enough ones that they bind nicely to the car body. It would suck to get them in there and not be able to remove the screws later.

Or, of course, you could buy new door sills from the dealer.

LAYZORBEEMZ

JZX73 owner
Jun 28, 2009
Maple Ridge, B.C.
I think those drywall style clips are what i have alreadyh because the previous owner broke all of the clips trying to get them out but i still have 1 intact on either side, i saw them at lordco so i was just wondering what the correct size for them was.

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
mine are separate as well, and i was the first to take it apart. go to autozone or oriellys and checkout the help aisle, you should be able to find something that will work. even if yours are part of the sill you could use them.

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
fixitman04;1543069 said:
no not right off the top of my mind they come in an assortment. gotta go to the parts store tomorrow anyway i'll look for the help part #.

http://www.thefastenerwarehouse.com/page/page/565723.htm these are the style clip im referring to
http://www.thefastenerwarehouse.com/catalog/item/565723/212445.htm these should work, but measure your holes

I had some of these little nylon deals left over from an assortment box (Autozone) and pushed them in and used the original screws. Works much better than I expected. If you can "try" one 1st, you can figure out the right size to get, if you need more than the "few-of-right-ones" that come in an assorted box.

If I end up picking up some more, I'll post the correct size.... I am thinking it will be the 1/4" ones, or very close to that size.

Good luck!

LAYZORBEEMZ

JZX73 owner
Jun 28, 2009
Maple Ridge, B.C.
p1543404_1.jpg

The clip on the right is the the one that was already in it when i bought the car, the clip on the left is one i got from lorco but as you can see its huuge.