What parts for a complete 7M rebuild?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supradude7mgte

Throttle happy teenager..
Oct 14, 2008
Norfolk VA
Aight, i just want to know everyones opinion on the best internals, and everything to be rebuilt into a 7mgte to get the max performance. I have somewhat of an i dea of what i want to put into the motor, but i want to know everyone elses opinion on the best internals. This includes everything. rods, pistons, crank, cams, valves, springs, intake, exhaust, turbo, etc. it will be from a 7mge to 7mgte build up.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Unlimited budget?
If not, you need to put constraints on the question you're asking because you can spend $4-5K on just machine work ;)

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
bearings, oil pump, oil pump shaft bearings, rods, pistons, rings, head gasket, arp head studs, all new seals, i would reccomend getting the driftmotion SS turbo feed and return lines because it will make your life so much easier. new timing components, i would get new valve springs, obvisouly all of the machine work associated with rebuild an engine. especially getting it all balanced and getting the clearances right.

it really comes down to how much you wanna buy honestly...

Supradude7mgte

Oct 14, 2008
Norfolk VA
okay, lets say brand new engine.

but for the ge block to be turned into a gte motor, then i have to put forged, lower compression pistons, drill the turbo oil lines, drill the extra knock sensor, and what about the oil squirters?
what else needs to be done to the ge block?

i plan on complete rebuild, bored to 86mm with the appropriate MHG with arp studs. the head machined as well, helacoil all the exhaust manifold bolts, new valve springs, lifters, shims, valve seals, all the oil channels redone, turbo cams, adjustable cam gears, the stock 7m valves are forged, so do i need to replace those as well?

and the does the crank have to be replaced as well for the turbo?
or just redone?

all new rods, clevete bearings maybe, arp rod bolts.

completely new high performance intake with the intake coming from the front of the motor not over as to accommodate the FMIC, and new headers with the 3 inch DP and catback.

also new turbo, i have a stock ct 26 with a busted shaft, but i would rather just go with a new turbo, maybe Boss Jr, something good. Any ideas on the new turbo?

i want the motor capable of 500 to 600hp.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
Supradude7mgte;1192282 said:

but for the ge block to be turned into a gte motor, then i have to put forged, lower compression pistons, drill the turbo oil lines, drill the extra knock sensor, and what about the oil squirters? what else needs to be done to the ge block?

i plan on complete rebuild, bored to 86mm with the appropriate MHG with arp studs. the head machined as well, helacoil all the exhaust manifold bolts, new valve springs, lifters, shims, all the oil channels redone, turbo cams, adjustable cam gears, the stock 7m valves are forged, so do i need to replace those as well?

i wouldnt get lower compression pistons, would rather port the head to compensate for the CR.

and how do you "redo" the oil channels? doesnt a hot tank clean all of them out?

cranks are the same for turbo and non turbo... but what is this talk about the OEM valves being forged? thats the FIRST i've ever heard of that...

Supradude7mgte

Oct 14, 2008
Norfolk VA
Rennat;1192284 said:
i wouldnt get lower compression pistons, would rather port the head to compensate for the CR.

and how do you "redo" the oil channels? doesnt a hot tank clean all of them out?

cranks are the same for turbo and non turbo... but what is this talk about the OEM valves being forged? thats the FIRST i've ever heard of that...

idk, i didn't look into the "forged valves", but it was stuck in my head for some reason.

by the oil channels i meant all the cam bearings.

Toy-Rific

Jun 8, 2005
Minnesota

but for the ge block to be turned into a gte motor, then i have to put forged, lower compression pistons, drill the turbo oil lines, drill the extra knock sensor, and what about the oil squirters?
what else needs to be done to the ge block?

i plan on complete rebuild, bored to 86mm with the appropriate MHG with arp studs. the head machined as well, helacoil all the exhaust manifold bolts, new valve springs, lifters, shims, valve seals, all the oil channels redone, turbo cams, adjustable cam gears, the stock 7m valves are forged, so do i need to replace those as well?

or just redone?

all new rods, clevete bearings maybe, arp rod bolts.

completely new high performance intake with the intake coming from the front of the motor not over as to accommodate the FMIC, and new headers with the 3 inch DP and catback.

also new turbo, i have a stock ct 26 with a busted shaft, but i would rather just go with a new turbo, maybe Boss Jr, something good. Any ideas on the new turbo?

i want the motor capable of 500 to 600hp.

The Boss Jr is not a 500 to 600 hp turbo. It is for more of a stock hp replacement with an up grade to it. You will be in the 375 to 475 range with the 57 or the 60-1 wheel. You will need to look at the Boss SS Line for 500 and up power.
Greg/Lipp

jdub

SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
... bored to 86mm with the appropriate MHG with arp studs.

And why would you want to do 3mm oversize pistons?

You really need to do more research before you start asking questions. Specifics are necessary...this broad, wide open (and kinda clueless) type of thread is just going to lead you off on 10 different tangents. $$$ are a big factor, otherwise you will never make building ANY engine a reality.

Rennat;1192284 said:

How exactly would porting the head compensate for CR?

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Just go for the stroker kit ;) since your at it buy a new OEM block from toyota. But since I am guessing they are out of your budget I will stop there.

As Jdub stated we need a budget and not a "lets say a 5-6 project/build" for the budget. Dose this mean it is 50k on the rebuild or 5k?

Supradude7mgte

Oct 14, 2008
Norfolk VA
okay, let me rephrase the subject, and get it more on point.

i am looking for everyones $.02 on the better brands and parts to fully rebuild a ge to gte with a total of about 500 - 600 hp.

i would like to know what parts YOU would put into this motor. specific brands if possible.
screw the budget.

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
If youre going to push more than 500hp id reccommend new oem internals rods and pistons or go after market which will probabaly end up being cheaper. Id have the crank machined and have the entire rotating assembly balanced. If you can modify the oil pump or shim it. Plus all the machine work that may need to be done to the block. Last most important step rebuild the motor correctly and have someone who can.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Brand New Toyota block, Stroker kit, Billet Main Caps, ARP hardware, Blueprint and balance Short Block, plus oiling system. well there goes 8-10k.
Now add in the head
Brand New Toyota Head, Port and Polish, Ferrea +1mm Oversize valves, Ferrea dual springs/titanium retainers. Plus what ever cams you like maybe 272's with adjustable gears. Here is another 4-6k.
Now lets add in a exhaust manifold, Turbo of your choice(maybe only a gt35 for your HP #'s), FFIM, plus all the supporting mods. and gaskets needed for another 5-8k

there you go 5-6 years of your time, 17-24K of your cash!!!

Here you go if budget is around 20k ;)

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
jdub;1192494 said:
How exactly would porting the head compensate for CR?

sorry i didnt make it clear what i meant. i meant to say port the combustion chamber, and cut out the "quench pads" i believe that are, and open it up, like the group A head.

jdub

SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Rennat;1192727 said:
sorry i didnt make it clear what i meant. i meant to say port the combustion chamber, and cut out the "quench pads" i believe that are, and open it up, like the group A head.

And how will that compensate for the increased CR of GE pistons? You're going to completely reshape the combustion chambers instead of buying pistons that will drop CR down to where it needs to be? Any idea of the cost/skill level for that kind of work?

Seriously, stop pulling this kind of thing out of your arse...you have no clue as to what you're talking about here. ::dunce::

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
Rennat;1192727 said:

LOL cause that's much easier than getting low compression pistons

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
hate these worthless "dream" threads......Plenty of companies sell all sorts of parts for the MKIII supra and the 7m motor. If they don't, there are even more companies willing to make you custom parts for a price...

consider it a mercy kill..

P.S

There is no such thing as BEST. As with tools, right part for the right job!

grrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.