What Grinds Your Gears?

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
when dogs lick them self I really hate that sound... or when you girl friend is eating dry crunchy cereal and then times this all by ten if you have a hangover

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
phatbimmer;1842198 said:
clearly you never got the memo titled "no cop, no stop" LOL
Honestly, I can see both sides of the arguments. It could be argued that it's more economical (the green argument), or that if visibility is clear, there is no danger, I can definitely see that side of it. Unfortunately, that's not how it works, you know? Personally, I'd probably get really good mileage if I didn't have to get my car's fat ass rolling at every intersection haha... BUT, on the other hand, like I mentioned Utah drivers before (we have a lot here), they can't be bothered to pay attention to anything outside their vehicle, so those kinds of drivers tend to be dangerous blowing through signs.

The other thing is, people around here, they seem to be in such a hurry, and for what? To get nowhere. Not like you're going to cover any more ground the way things are in this town, so in that respect I just don't get it.

hvyman;1842230 said:
I let off the gas. Usually takes them to about 50-60 to realize I'm not getting on the gas. Then when they get in the next lane I speed back up.

They get mad I laugh.
Heh, great minds think alike. I keep a handful of pennies in the car, pretty useful when you have the targa off and people are riding your ass... man my car kicks up so many rocks with these sticky tires. :nono:

NashMan;1842318 said:
when dogs lick them self I really hate that sound... or when you girl friend is eating dry crunchy cereal and then times this all by ten if you have a hangover
Reminds me of that episode of How I Met Your Mother, when the group discusses "that thing" about all of them that is really annoying. :p

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
when I go to a Local toyota dealer for parts

example; 87 steering dampener in Canada -- $435 ==== 87 steering dampener from Champion toyota texas --- $186 ----- same OEM part

another example --- floor plugs there are some roughly the size of a quarter $6/each CAN$ and other the size of a nickle $9/each CAN$
go to local fastener shop spend 1/2 hour flipping through catalogs and $6 plug replaced with $0.71 plug and $9 plug replaced with $0.62 plug

shows that they(toyota parts canada) are roughly ethically on par with big pharm.... you need it, you pay whatever we want...

57trimMKIII

Texas Supras' Slowest
Jul 14, 2010
DFW, TX
When your girlfriend of 3 years leaves you for another guy.

And then tries to convince you it was to make you happy. :nono:

DahnEEEE

Mar 31, 2011
Californiaaa
What grinded my damn gears was having a friend who thinks he's a jedi mechanic do a tune up on my car and brings it back working like shit and says everything is working fine. Wtf? (i wanted to help him out since he was out of a job)

And what grinded my gears even more is when he said he changed the o2 sensor but it was still rusted and had TOYOTA on it. Wtf?!

Then he buys a beat up junker 85 rabbit with my money

Paid him 200 and that went down the drain

Had my bf work on it which was another 130 in parts

Ok rant over lol

cote006

Mar 19, 2012
St. Cloud, Minnesota
what really grinds my gears is having a blown up supra and no money to fix it for about another 8 or 9 months, so i get to just look at it every day sitting in my driveway all by itself.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
What grinds my gears is when you have a used part for sale and a user sends a PM to you asking every detail about it and then you answer every question only to get a next PM saying they either don't have enough cash or a low ball offer.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
IBoughtASupra;1843235 said:
What grinds my gears is when you have a used part for sale and a user sends a PM to you asking every detail about it and then you answer every question only to get a next PM saying they either don't have enough cash or a low ball offer.
And yet you seem surprised at this :p

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Eating chocolate cake with snickers ice cream on top. Its so good I couldn't stop and fell asleep.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
What grinds my gears is when people post pictures of their kids multiple times a day on FaceBook.

I don't need to see your kid taking a NAP. WTF.

What also grinds my gears are couples who use the same profile. WTF. Did she cut off your balls and hang them on her rear view mirror. Seriously WTF.

/Rant over.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
IBoughtASupra;1843507 said:
What grinds my gears is when people post pictures of their kids multiple times a day on FaceBook.

I don't need to see your kid taking a NAP. WTF.

What also grinds my gears are couples who use the same profile. WTF. Did she cut off your balls and hang them on her rear view mirror. Seriously WTF.

/Rant over.
All the more reason to not be on FB. ;)

Sounds like a few people I know though, I wouldn't be surprised...

What grinds my gears? Neighbor's cunt droplets throwing a golf ball to each other, and one of them managed to hit my car with it. It was parked out on the street for less than an hour, and gets hit right in front of me when I'm bs-ing with a buddy of mine who stopped by. Little fucking assholes, I swear...