What exhaust to do and which one do you have

boostinsupra

Aug 29, 2009
NY
whats the best exhaust for a mk3 that sounds good,loud and not rice and have a deep grumble? hows the tanabes Which one do you currently have on your cars?

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Everyone has a different opinion, search "exhaust sound clips" under the video/audio section and pick out the one you like. Personally I have the Invidia RSR exhaust and it is very quiet but sounds nice WOT, yet still quiet-"ish" at WOT imo.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
lewis15498;1419216 said:
This question is completely subjective and there is no correct answer.
+1 go listen to sound clips. Theres plenty of folks showing off their new exhaust on youtube.

x2

I prefer my custom 3" to my old HKS dualie.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
boostinsupra;1419198 said:
whats the best exhaust for a mk3 that sounds good,loud and not rice and have a deep grumble? hows the tanabes Which one do you currently have on your cars?

I am running a Tanabe Hyper medallion exhaust on my supra and I love it. Nice and quiet at idle, but it opens up at WOT. Should be just right with the 3" downpipe when it's all back together.
But I am going to have to agree with the rest of them, you just have to find Supras with various exhaust setups and find your favorite. There are so many choices, and each is very unique.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
That would be wrong, try again ;)

Also, back to the topic. The reason I say loud = rice is this. If you're louder than a semi truck (they're usually limited to ~500HP) in a car that makes less power, it's idiotic. Now, a true race car is another thing as they run straight pipes not for power, but for weight savings.

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
p1419268_1.jpg

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
I have a Top Speed exhaust on my NA and like it a lot. I know most here would hate it since its stupid loud at WOT and I have no power to back it up with. It has a really nice deep grumm-mmm-mm-mm-mm-mmBBbbb-bb-bbb-bllle when down shifting. It does have an optional silencer that I put in often and it then sounds mostly stock until WOT. It doesn't have that honda coffee can sound, it's much deeper(nature of the i6 I guess).

I never see people mention top speed so I dunno if they are common or cheap junk. I got it ages ago from a local shop before I knew what I was even looking at.