What exhaust to do and which one do you have

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
I've got a BIC 3" divorced downpipe to 3" pipe all the way back to an Apexi muffler 3" in 4" out and I love the way it sounds. It is loud when you hit boost, but other than that if you are driving like a sane person it's not bad at all. Hell of a lot faster than stock exhaust too...

SupraDreamPDR

Boost-a-holic!!
Feb 3, 2006
Springfield, OH.
I've used the tried and true HKS Super Dragger exhaust with HKS DP but am currently running JIC Bullet exhaust wtih same HKS DP. Both sound great at WOT and not too loud at idle / cruising speeds.

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
Don't have any pics right now, my exhaust is on my buddy's car right now and I've got his stock exhaust to get through AirCare (smog, whatever you want to call it) cause mine has no CATs at all. When I do the swap back I can snap a couple pics for you if you want though.

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
I have a 3 inch fujitsubo cat-back with a recirculated ddp. It has a quiet deep tone at idle and has zero drone. Hit boost and it opens up, but remians relatively deep. Kinda hard to find, but so worth it.

Bri7man

"Yeah! Take the lemons.."
Jul 17, 2009
Torrance, CA
Bic Recirculated ddp + Tanabe Medallion Concept g blue catback

Custom piping neccessary to make the bic fit with the tanabe but a custom test pipe could take care of that.

Makes me wanna :squirt-mo just thinking about it :biglaugh:

IndyMK3

I Hate Godzilla Too!!!!
May 15, 2008
Indianapolis, Indiana
full custom 4in here...lol i dont need it at all but it is epic... lol it doesn't drone ... but i have heard from many people that it produces the sound of 2 supras driving next to eachother ( you know when you are cruising at the same rpms and exhaust notes just bounce off eachother = SUPER EPIC WIN)

carter

"The Ninja"
Nov 1, 2005
Ohio
www.myspace.com
Because I wanna see of the couple exhausts that isn't around all the time.

I know one member on here has a Dual Evolution Dragger *or replica* and just wanna see what the other *rare* exhausts look like.

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
boostinsupra;1419198 said:
whats the best exhaust for a mk3?

that is a matter of opinion.

I, personally, think custom work is one of the best options. the main thing is getting what satisfies you and works with your budget.

p1421186_1.jpg

Last edited:

azerty

May 15, 2009
Romania
Agree.
If you have a shop around that can make you a custom one, go there.
If you ask about the sound or looks...as it has been said before, that is subjective, you have to choose for yourself what you like.
If you are asking from the performance point of wiev, that's another story.
For a turbo you cannot go to big. As a matter of fact you can vent it to the atmosphere as soon as you can (see the cars with exhaust pipes comming out on the sides of the vehicle, right after the wheels).
For a N/A it's another story. This ones need some backpressure for the engine to work right, so a well documented and studyed exhaust is what you should look for.
I personally have a 3" BIC divorced downpipe replica, that starts from the turbo (the stock elbow has gone). No cat or anything else, just plain 3" stainless steel to the Borla ending the exhaust system.
What can I tell you... It is loud, especially under full boost, when the weastgate vents directly to the atmosphere, but it revs a LOT faster.
Also here are not such strict regulations about emissions, so no wories there.
Hope I helped. When I get to a PC (I mainly enter from my mobile phone), i'll post some pictures.

)