what do you do when you feel like the biggest idiot?

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
words cannot express how I feel... I feel terrible... I won't go into details, but I did something incredibly stupid (not stupider than normal, but the outcome was catastrophic) and in examination, the events that led to this catastrophe were a series of incredibly stupid decisions (caused by sleep-deprivation and inebriation) In summary, if I had a gun, I probably would've shot myself by now. What to do? (please refrain from stupid responses because I am quite intelligent... such responses will only make me feel worse. Wow, i sincerely wish i were dead. I'm trying to deal with what IS and I feel like I don;t know how, but obviously I do (otherwise I would've walked out into the highway by now) I feel like i'm losing it. I wish I could put a smilie face here, but none expresses my feelings at the moment.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
It's a pretty simple process.

Admit what you've done.
Accept responsibility for it.
Make what reparations you can.
Figure out how to prevent similar occurrences in the future.

If you've hurt someone, this may not 'fix' things with them - you may well have done something that cannot be repaired. You'll just have to live with that, and resolve not to do it in the future.

Note that I said simple - which does not necessarily mean easy.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
I have 2 friends both with the same last names not related. Both jumped into the saME KIND Of vehicle drunk. The 1 i wish were better off, isnt and its sad because it was 1 of the most memorable perople to be around. I think you shoulndt and i dont know you. If you feel that you should make sure your dead because any attempt that fails is going to be even worse. Ive thought about it. I still havnt done it nor found a good enough reason. Think about it and think about why.

The reason why you want to is usually on the lower end of the scale. There is more positive out there as why you SHOULDN'T.

There is something you need to get through and do it. There are a lot better outcomes than death tho.

Edit: Idk what you did i remember your avatar tho. If it was a drunk driving sort of thing where you took someones life. I would not take yours. I Would do anything possible to make up for sonething that is impossible to make up for.

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
hrm... good advice... sounds pretty much like what i'd say myself... most of my problems are psychological though... I have a nice list of mental disorders that I refuse to take medication for (because I know what the medication is and what it does) I know i'll get over it, but suicide does run in the family... right now I really feel like i'm losing it... It helps not to think about it, but that's no sort of solution at all... how do you expect to learn from mistakes when you ignore them?

---------- Post added at 04:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 AM ----------

death does bring peace though, I know this for a fact (but it will only bring sorrow to the ones you love) suicide is not the way to go... it isn't right... what has happened to me was fate, it was meant to teach me something. There is no point in seeking the inevitable (death) but sometimes you're so incredibly overwhelmed you just feel like dying (that's me right now)... I wish i could disclose details, but I cannot.... it will surely make for an incredible story later in my life, that's about all I can say. :|

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
That just changed things.

What i think you need is more fun in your life. Forget about the past and live for the future. Dont live your days about what HAS happened but what is about to happen. Dont think about it. Do what you want. There is no one person stopping you. Have fun with your life.

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
hvyman;1667135 said:
That just changed things.

What i think you need is more fun in your life. Forget about the past and live for the future. Dont live your days about what HAS happened but what is about to happen. Dont think about it. Do what you want. There is no one person stopping you. Have fun with your life.
not to dispute you, I do try and live by that philosophy, (and it can be hard at times) but that is EXACTLY what got me into this mess.... what would have kept me out is learning to listen to my intuition. I KNEW I shouldn't've had that last drink. just like the last time I got a speeding ticked I KNEW without a shadow of a doubt... I shouldn't drive the car (but I did because I was asked to) and I drove it gas pedal to the floor because that's what I felt like doing. (I was HAD by 1 of 2 motorcycle cops in the area sitting on a bridge ON A BLIND TURN!... I saw him though, jammed the brakes.... was clocked at 65 in a 45 (was at 80+) and could've cought a minimum of 5 tickets (no seatbelt, no registration, no insurance, false tags, and speeding) he only gave me a 60 in a 45 ticket though.

---------- Post added at 04:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 AM ----------

it's basically like this.... I'm a speed demon... an excellent driver, while I belong behind the wheel, at the same time, I do not. why is life made up of such contradictions???

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Lol i have 12+ speeding tickets while keeping my license till dui. Speeding is by far the worst of your worries. Ive been pulled over 20+ times and been arrested twice not for crimes and both times they were lije wtf when looking at my record.

<---=-Still weaiting to try and get offical total print out of entire record,.

supramk3speed

Dec 4, 2008
Texas
Hey, we all have really tuff things happen to us. It is all how you look at it that will predetermine how you handle it. I've went through things that shake me to the point of giving up, but i have always just looked to the future with hope that it will get better. Good luck.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
I breathe then go on with life....

No regrets, when I do something stupid I try to use it as a life lesson and not make that mistake again.
(anyone that knows me knows some of the monumental fuckups I've made but in general my life is brilliant and without the down moments I wouldn't appreciate just how good it is)

whitemike

Banned
Aug 30, 2009
Winter Park, Florida, United States
That's what I tell my girl when times are tough and she just wants to break down and cry.. it's the hard times that make the good times so good! Live and learn, I agree with Grim's response as well.. LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES. Learning from a mistake makes it a lesson, not learning from it makes it remain just.. a mistake.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Sounds like a bit of perspective is in order, and my recommendation is a track day now and then. I used to drive like a complete asshat when I was younger (Phoenix will do that to ya, but you'll develop good reactions), but I've since grown up. If I wanna have my fun, I make sure my car is beyond up to what I'm asking of it, and only drive it at maybe 7/10 of what it can do.

Perhaps it's time to start looking into a track toy, I've heard they can be addictive as anything out there. I myself plan on getting a house, for the sole reason of building a Lotus 7 replica. :)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I honestly think it's natural to think of suicide. At least it has been for me, contemplated it for the last ~15 years, but never really saw that the negatives of life outweighed the positives enough to actually do it. That, and it helps to have a few good, solid friends you can fall back on when needed. Lord knows I've slept on pretty much every couch of everyone I know. :)

It's no lie to say though, that it's good to have a goal. Doesn't even have to be a "normal" goal that "normal" people have. My goal? To see my Supra to completion. It will happen, and it's been a good way for me to take my mind off my troubles.

87mk111

Metal Head
Sep 29, 2009
akron/canton, ohio
te72;1668413 said:
I honestly think it's natural to think of suicide. At least it has been for me, contemplated it for the last ~15 years, but never really saw that the negatives of life outweighed the positives enough to actually do it. That, and it helps to have a few good, solid friends you can fall back on when needed. Lord knows I've slept on pretty much every couch of everyone I know. :)

It's no lie to say though, that it's good to have a goal. Doesn't even have to be a "normal" goal that "normal" people have. My goal? To see my Supra to completion. It will happen, and it's been a good way for me to take my mind off my troubles.

thats some solid advice right there. Personally, i try to have some sort of escape to take my mind off the matter at hand. The three that work best for me are tv/video games, working on cars/anything really, and heavy metal. something about those three things help take my mind off of most things, and if that doesnt work ill talk to one of my friends or my church pastor about whats going and see what they would do in the same situation.