What did you do to your supra today? Pics

mkiii222

Mar 31, 2005
Troy, MI
Just over a week ago but had to post anyways.

Finally got her out of the garage. This is the first time she's moved since she was parked in December '13. Even before that she didn't get driven much. Now she's going to be turned into my summer drive to work on nice days and the occasional car show car.

I've started her every now and again and the last couple times were somewhat rough. This time I put 1/2 gallon of fresh gas in the tank before trying and she started right up. Already have the oil and coolant ready to swap before moving her again. Also need to pick up a battery to leave in her instead of stealing the one from my Dart every time.

Getting ready. Had to push her from the back corner of the garage. The hood up on the other side of the garage is my father in laws '68 Imperial.

Putting a few bucks in the tank. And yes those are snowflakes. Gotta love that MI weather. This past weekend was more than just flakes too.

Just slapped on my new Carving Stark wheels.
2447598bd11d9b3603d7f6bb6f7a334d.jpg
db50ba8be36f725b9bf2142f6ff96fb2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neodeuccio

Addicted to boost...
Sep 30, 2006
Schenectady NY
I got it running yesterday, for the first time in 2 years. Turns out the primary culprit was just a "bad" fuse. I say "bad" because it wasn't actually blown, but yet I had no power to the fuel pump until I replaced it. Weird.

Also, the battery was beyond dead. So I give you, the Franken-Jump! 3 spare batteries and a booster pack, all wired up in parallel to provide power while testing.

Edit: my phone won't let me upload the picture. I'll have to find another way to do it.

rhs

Sep 21, 2014
Dallas
Put in a boost controller. Seeing 14-15psi on the gauge now. Was only able to pull through second gear, but getting 12ish AFR. Think I found the stock 1JZ injector limit for my HX35.

Last edited:

ask92

That guy.
Nov 17, 2008
Rocklin, CA
Raggan;2073906 said:
that looks amazing i want to paint mine like that too did you paint it yourself? And is that super red?
Thank you. Yes I did everything myself, you can look through my build thread(link in Sig) that shows a little bit more about it. The color is Viper Red.

Asterix

Lurker of Power
Mar 31, 2005
Vienna, VA
Not exactly today... but, I broke the Aisin clutch friction plate after only 50k miles. One friction ring came off as all 8 rivets broke. Boo. I replaced it with the ACT "street" kit. While it was out, my transmission needed help because the output bearing vibrated badly. I have a 1st-gen S3 short shifter, which has no isolation, which didn't help any. While the trans shifted just fine, it had something like 200,000 miles on it, so it was time for a refresh. After 60 miles or so, it's working much better. Thanks to Driftmotion for selling a bearing/seal/synchro kit.
Many pics are on my site.
Also, my Toyota radiator was disintegrating, so I put in a Mishimoto aluminum one.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Haven't been on here in a long time glad to see it's still alive and kicking! Not many updates well I had a JDM 88 MK3 shipped from Japan had the digital cluster and then lost that car in an accident from an 18 wheeler running a red light and I got totally fucked over on that BUT I took the digital cluster and some sensors, so I can install it on my white MK3 or maybe another MK3 later on. White MK3 is what I have left I still have this beast and don't ever plan on selling it even though people have offered me $10k cash for it. Still has a BHG luckily when I first did the head gasket job I used ARP head studs and that seems to be holding it together and keeping it from blowing up on me for now. I am torn between fixing the head gasket properly or just do a 2JZ swap and be done with it since that's my goal anyway. I don't know if you guys have seen the car after my friend backed up into it and I got the bumper repainted and a front lip from Shineauto. Here are a couple pics that I took recently.
12938131_10206446300778502_7575948527575105408_n.jpg

942595_10206187663432730_5895480219067340595_n.jpg

I love this car so damn much the only thing that bothers me is the head gasket and needing to fix the AC. I plan to replace the condenser, dryer, and compressor then have JDMA70 recharge the system or help me replace the condenser since that is the most tricky part to replace. Does anyone with a targa MK3 feel like their AC does not effectively cool down the cabin? Does it feel like the cool air is escaping from the gaps or seals?

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I paid about 1800 for a new AC setup. It cools excellent without loss, but we haven't been super hot. This summer may be different though.

The problem is... It does lose cool air with the targa off and I get a sunburned forehead without a cap :)

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Grandavi;2074549 said:
I paid about 1800 for a new AC setup. It cools excellent without loss, but we haven't been super hot. This summer may be different though.

The problem is... It does lose cool air with the targa off and I get a sunburned forehead without a cap :)
Here in Houston, it's about to get to 100+ degree daily weather for a long while, sooooo yea AC is pretty much a necessity here lol and it takes 30min to get anywhere at least. We had a few mid 90 degree days last week and I was sweating in my car without AC leaving work.

rhs

Sep 21, 2014
Dallas
Today I solved the mysteries of the missing sandwich and weird smell in my car.

Last edited: