What did you do to your supra today? Pics

atmperformance

Sep 17, 2013
San jose
3p141592654;2063666 said:
Where did you run the boost wire through the firewall. I used a grommet that was over by the master cylinder if I remember correctly.
through the wiring harness grommet on the passenger side with a rewired knock wire. I'll re tape it when i have the lengths i need figured out.

dslocal

Nov 9, 2008
slo
Decided to fix some frame damage on the front.
p2063678_1.jpg

Started inspecting the rear and it was tweaked also...
p2063678_2.jpg

atmperformance

Sep 17, 2013
San jose
I got my left front suspension together but my front right upper control arm bolt is pressing into the frame before it can get past the end of the mounting bracket. I guess this is a tweaked front end but I've yet to get it out for the past 2 hours. thinking i might have to drop the front subframe some.
this eclipses my .4v at the cig lighter i wanted to use to power gauges.
THIS IS SUPRA!!!

Janch

Jul 23, 2012
Riga
Shimmed my a340e 1-2 and 2-3 6mm and painted oil pan red for more hp :evil2:

i was a bit scared to go into tranny that "deep" but once i did it was easier than i thought. I hope the result will be positive.

20151119_164041.jpg20151119_173100.jpg20151119_200111.jpg

Aug 24, 2009
Nirvana
atmperformance;2063724 said:
I got my left front suspension together but my front right upper control arm bolt is pressing into the frame before it can get past the end of the mounting bracket. I guess this is a tweaked front end but I've yet to get it out for the past 2 hours. thinking i might have to drop the front subframe some.
THIS IS SUPRA!!!

I think I had the same problem when doing my struts/springs, only on the right.. weird. I remember locking some Vise-Grips onto the bolt and wrestling with it for quite some time lol. Not sure what it was catching on, as it was hidden by the wheelwell spashguard.

dslocal

Nov 9, 2008
slo
I got my left front suspension together but my front right upper control arm bolt is pressing into the frame before it can get past the end of the mounting bracket. I guess this is a tweaked front end but I've yet to get it out for the past 2 hours.
THIS IS SUPRA!!!
Atm, my car would give me trouble with this sometimes, I found I could loosen the rearmost subframe bolt then hook a good ratchet strap to the back of the subframe and the tow hook, slowly tension it till it moved the subframe enough to get that bolt past.

Janch

Jul 23, 2012
Riga
guys i did it without loosening subframe. i remember that really all i had to do is remove plastic under arch/guard and i was able to remove bolt. It wasn't that hard.

rhs

Sep 21, 2014
Dallas
THIS IS SUPRA!!!

The right front does catch on something. I remember manhandling it a little bit, but I didn't have to drop the subframe.

dslocal

Nov 9, 2008
slo
Got some more work done, started prepping for new frame work...
p2063825_1.jpg

p2063825_2.jpg

Now just waiting for some clear time to put it up on the frame table.

Looking forward to trying those auto tranny mods once this is a car again.

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
a friend of mine gave me an hks turbo timer. i think its an authentic one, either way it still works counting down just like any other turbo timer.
heres some pics from the install and mount

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
Even if it's driven hard and close to my house? I'm unsure of where you're coming from. No offense I just see a very good use for it

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
He's right, although I also have one on my Supra. Proper driving habits dictate you don't run full boost and then slam on the brakes and shut down the engine... If you do that... You have other issues. You don't need a turbo timer on a mk3.

I put one on thinking it would help and had it explained that typically, they just waste fuel. We don't generally drift to our house, and shut down the car... It's usually a nice drive through residential.

I do still use mine. Though... Lol

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
Oh definitely, I 100% agree. Not that I'd ever do what you said, it's a good peace of mind to have one. I take mine to the drag strip occasionally too and instead of letting the oil cool down in the pits I'll just let the turbo timer turn for a minute or two

It's not needed under normal everyday driving conditions, but when I really need one it's nice to have

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

atmperformance

Sep 17, 2013
San jose
got my koni's all installed but lost sunlight before torquing control arms with the wheels on the ground. If my 12g wire ever shows up I'll wire the fused power for my electric radiator fans. I had to admit i'm pretty excited as i might get to drive my car tomorrow if there's no boost or oil leaks :)
I also have all the smog stuff on and hope to pass that on the rebuilt motor.

ERA

Jul 31, 2006
any way the wind blows
So I just got these in the mail today!

dxh09l.jpg

My factory pedal covers had ripped a few months ago and after giving away my Sparco carbon fiber pedals I wanted to go with a more stock looking interior. I thought it'd be best if I got factory replacement rubber pedal covers. Here are some before and after pictures!

v8h6qo.jpg

209ps0l.jpg