What did you do to your supra today? Pics

mk3 salty

Oct 12, 2008
Albany, New York
George_Bonilla;2046325 said:
Pulled out the ct26. Took me forever, never seen so many seized up and rusted bolts. Nuts getting ruined and bolts snapping everywhere.

S6L7S2x.png

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
be careful when breaking loose the head bolts I had one strip on me, so I had to get a slightly larger allen socket, dremel down the sides a bit and hammer it in to break the bolt loose.

George_Bonilla

Mar 29, 2015
Northern Virginia
www.instagram.com
Doat;2046673 said:
be careful when breaking loose the head bolts I had one strip on me, so I had to get a slightly larger allen socket, dremel down the sides a bit and hammer it in to break the bolt loose.
Thanks for the advice. Mine have been there for 26years, just glad you were still able to get it out. The head will surely be happy with arp replacements properly torqued.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
George_Bonilla;2046674 said:
Thanks for the advice. Mine have been there for 26years, just glad you were still able to get it out. The head will surely be happy with arp replacements properly torqued.
No problem. I replaced my gasket with ARP head studs torqued to 90 ft lbs as specified and have not had any issues for over 3 years now putting down 280whp

George_Bonilla

Mar 29, 2015
Northern Virginia
www.instagram.com
Doat;2046675 said:
No problem. I replaced my gasket with ARP head studs torqued to 90 ft lbs as specified and have not had any issues for over 3 years now putting down 280whp
That's the reassurance I like to hear. Good numbers as well, I'll most likely be putting down the same or more later on this year. As of right now, I'm just making sure its reliable. If only it would stop raining.

drogon

Oct 29, 2013
Dallas Texas
Doat, what mods do you have on your car? I'm curious bc I'm finally going na-t hoping to be around that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
George_Bonilla;2046676 said:
That's the reassurance I like to hear. Good numbers as well, I'll most likely be putting down the same or more later on this year. As of right now, I'm just making sure its reliable. If only it would stop raining.
I did the same thing I made sure it was reliable first then went for power.
drogon;2046684 said:
Doat, what mods do you have on your car? I'm curious bc I'm finally going na-t hoping to be around that

full 3in exhaust, lex/550 mod, front mount intercooler, boost controller at 12 psi with an 11psi actuator on the turbo.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
no problem, soon I will be getting a VPC and getting rid of the MAF and hopefully getting some more power out of her. I want to get it over 300.

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
drogon;2045933 said:
658b95b98efdf897de76fc2abcc1ad45.jpg
Finally done with this PITA project I hate wiring/soldering/crimping!

Looks about like mine.................started this about a year and a half ago and got put on the back burner. Finished yesterday and will hopefully get it back in this week. Hope you crimped everywhere possible and didn't solder :eek3:

20150426_180111_resized.jpg

I don't know about you but after coming back to this one I wish I would have just bought a stand alone and started from scratch. I stripped this one all the way down and re-ran every wire that was suspect so it would have been the same amount of work but cleaner.

bonylad

....beavis
Jun 1, 2014
Newport, NC
Walked past it, and realized this is gonna be a labor of love. Then realized.....well........idk. At that point where I am gonna keep her or set it on fire and hope it burns down the house.

drogon

Oct 29, 2013
Dallas Texas
GC89;2046756 said:
Looks about like mine.................started this about a year and a half ago and got put on the back burner. Finished yesterday and will hopefully get it back in this week. Hope you crimped everywhere possible and didn't solder :eek3:

View attachment 76027

I don't know about you but after coming back to this one I wish I would have just bought a stand alone and started from scratch. I stripped this one all the way down and re-ran every wire that was suspect so it would have been the same amount of work but cleaner.

I crimped as much as I could, the only place I soldered was the connector for the blue a/c coolant temp sensor thing. I just finished pluggin mine in now playing the "what hose is this?" Hopefully I get them sorted all today ha

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
drogon;2046773 said:
I crimped as much as I could, the only place I soldered was the connector for the blue a/c coolant temp sensor thing. I just finished pluggin mine in now playing the "what hose is this?" Hopefully I get them sorted all today ha

aux fan switch..........same plug as the knock sensor? Yea those use a different pin that I didnt have, I pried the old one open enough to pull the wire and re-crimped it to a whole new run from the body plug.

drogon

Oct 29, 2013
Dallas Texas
GC89;2046779 said:
aux fan switch..........same plug as the knock sensor? Yea those use a different pin that I didnt have, I pried the old one open enough to pull the wire and re-crimped it to a whole new run from the body plug.

Yessir I opted for soldering as the pin looks like it had been messed with a PO I'm sure it'll be fine tho

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Grandavi;2046820 said:
I pulled mine out today and took it to get a cup of coffee. Yes.. I love my car.

You sound like me... I drove mine for the first time in a few weeks yesterday just because I've been so busy lately and it's easier to take the DD. I took it out though, ran a few errands, went on a cruise and took some pics with the new camera. I'll try and get a few uploaded here tonight.