Auburn, Georgia, United States
uzeba3e3.jpg
first pic with one fender on more to come

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
ImperfectSupra;2005987 said:
I didnt get the white bushing for the shift lever just the green gasket. I was a bit confuse on the marlin crawler website and was not sure which one to order.
Is the MC bushing a bit wider than the stock bushing or is everyone's recommendation of it because its just a newer replacement part for a worn out part?
And is that why it would give a better/tighter shift? MC part # for that particilar bushing anyone?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Driftmotion sells the MC Shifter Seat Bushing: http://www.driftmotion.com/Marlin-Crawler-Bushing-R154-p/dm343.htm

It's made of urethane, rather than rubber. It would only be complimented properly if you replaced the bushing at the end of the shifter too. The MC socket bushing is nylon, also sold by DM: http://www.driftmotion.com/Marlin-Crawler-Shifter-Socket-R154-p/dm641.htm

these made worlds of difference. When I got my car, there was no shifter seat bushing and the shifter socket bushing was pretty beat up, so the shifter was really sloppy and had a lot of play. Now, it's tight and feels brand new.

ImperfectSupra

May 19, 2007
Virginia Beach
A-to-the-J;2006020 said:
Driftmotion sells the MC Shifter Seat Bushing: http://www.driftmotion.com/Marlin-Crawler-Bushing-R154-p/dm343.htm

It's made of urethane, rather than rubber. It would only be complimented properly if you replaced the bushing at the end of the shifter too. The MC socket bushing is nylon, also sold by DM: http://www.driftmotion.com/Marlin-Crawler-Shifter-Socket-R154-p/dm641.htm

these made worlds of difference. When I got my car, there was no shifter seat bushing and the shifter socket bushing was pretty beat up, so the shifter was really sloppy and had a lot of play. Now, it's tight and feels brand new.

I must be an idiot, because I have owned by MK 3 supra , and everytime I removed the shifter there would be little bits of rubber on the spring of the shifter but I never knew where that came from.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

atmperformance

Sep 17, 2013
San jose
I knocked over my container holding all my shifter parts and so far can only find 2 of the bolts that old the top small square part of the trans on. i see another ace hardware run in my future. on the bright side tweaked performance might be making me a knock sensor pigtail

Chris_87_Turbo

Nov 5, 2013
Princeton, TX
I don't have all 6 bolts in mine. I only have 4 or 5. But I have them arranged in a manner that I have complete hold down. At least till I get bolts that will work.

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Got the MK3 back yesterday. Filled it with gas.. washed it... and traffic was so heavy and shifter was so short I said to hell with it and parked it.. lol.

Nashman V2.0 shifter sitting on a rebuilt R154... the rebuild is really notchy for shifting (seems to be smoothing out a little) as its only got maybe 100 km on it so far. Still breaking it in.. (not sure.. but should I empty/fill the transmission after a certain timeframe?)
I had to raise the shifter a bit for more leverage to actually shift it. If I rest my hand on the shifter in 5th right now, it falls out.. lol.

Regardless... smoothest 7M Supra I have sat in for power with this Vpro. Its just amazing... I don't know exactly how to describe it. The power is all smooth, no jerks, etc... and the AFR's are all bang on. Limited to 10 psi for 2 weeks but I have only had it up to 8 psi so far (was going to fast so I let off) so the power, while impressive, isn't kick your pants kind of impressive yet. Dyno/Tune scheduled for May 29th. In the meantime I have wheel issues to deal with... one out of round and realised I don't have hubcentric rings on my car...

Feels good to have it back.

And another couple comments... dump pipe from wastegate needs to be rerouted... sounds like a friggin' tractor under boost...
0.84 ar is too much for a street 7M... this .68 is a late enough spool..
Considering a QSV, but will wait until after I get dump pipe reintegrated and final tune. See how it runs under proper boost. (probably setting up for 14 psi normal, 19-20 psi high boost)

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
My 7M sounds like a tractor when I accelerate because I STILL HAVE A DAMN EXHAUST LEAK!! I swear I am going to blow up this 7M because it's pissing me off so much but I am pretty sure the leak is from my manifold which I think is warped. I mean it has to be warped because I've eliminated every other possibility I got new gaskets, new exhaust studs and helicoils, torqued properly, etc. and it went away on the first few days then came back. I am debating on buying a manifold and having it surfaced then do a quick switcharoo that way I minimize my downtime. Halfway debating on buying a T4 manifold and a BW S366 and running that on low boost lol.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Too bad you don't live close by, I'm gonna be pawning my manifold off for 50 bucks and it's straight and crack free. The shop that does my car won't do anything if it isn't straight and flat.

din904

Oct 25, 2010
Jacksonvile,FL.
"And another couple comments... dump pipe from wastegate needs to be rerouted... sounds like a friggin' tractor under boost... "

That's because your only running 8 psi of boost wait until your closer to 20 psi before you make that decision car sounds totally different plus the wastegate works better when vented straight out you also stand to lose some hp because of the added back pressure .

Last edited:

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
din904;2006110 said:
And another couple comments... dump pipe from wastegate needs to be rerouted... sounds like a friggin' tractor under boost...

That's because your only running 8 psi of boost wait until your closer to 20 psi before you make that decision .

This

Janch

Jul 23, 2012
Riga
After ~9hr of total work (splited in 2 days) removed engine head from block with intake and exhaust manifolds attached. Damn that thing weights a lot (if you have to remove it alone with no engine lift. Will upload some progress when get access to PC
It started as HG change but looks like it will turn into small build project. When removed lover IC pipe atleast 200ml of oil camed out. I think oil shouldnt be where air should be instead haha dont know what is critical shaft play of turbine but i dont think it was THAT bad... video and your comme ts will tell if my turbo will continue its life as some kinda decor.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
When I did my head gasket I removed both manifolds made it easier to handle and a good deal lighter lol.

Grandavi;2006116 said:
I don't think I want to attempt shipping it... Nothing to wrap it in and it's a heavy bugger
Very true it is heavier than it looks.

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
ugh. i drove it down the street with a friend so we could figure out the noise i had. it's a loud whining noise under load only. also, the car won't build any boost. we're pretty sure the turbo is shot. i may pull the accordian hose off tomorrow and see if the wheel is hitting the turbo housing.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I thought about upgrading my CT to a 57 trim I have the lex/550 mod but I hear you really should get a wideband and AFPR with a turbo bigger than stock. I plan to get those anyway especially the wideband.

Chris_87_Turbo

Nov 5, 2013
Princeton, TX
Doat;2006141 said:
I thought about upgrading my CT to a 57 trim I have the lex/550 mod but I hear you really should get a wideband and AFPR with a turbo bigger than stock. I plan to get those anyway especially the wideband.

IMO a 57 trim ct26 is still a stock size turbo. It's just different internals for more performance.

That being said. I've been debating on a 57 trim myself as well. I have the lex/550 with afpr and innovate wideband.

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk