What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Chris_87_Turbo;2006144 said:
IMO a 57 trim ct26 is still a stock size turbo. It's just different internals for more performance.

That being said. I've been debating on a 57 trim myself as well. I have the lex/550 with afpr and innovate wideband.

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
how much more hp do people generally make going from like a CT26 at 14psi to a 57 at whatever psi? I am about 280 to the wheels now.

Chris_87_Turbo

Nov 5, 2013
Princeton, TX
Doat I wouldn't know. I'm on a stock ct26. Been debating the switch for a while now though. I'm sure there are some guys on this thread that could shed some light on it though.

Chris

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Chris_87_Turbo;2006238 said:
I was thinking faster spool up since the internals are different.

Chris

I'm not sure if I'm reading your comment correctly, but figured I'd shed some light here.

The stock CT26 spools faster than any larger "trim". Every trim size you go up you also introduce more lag. The larger the wheel, the more air (exhaust gas, RPM) it takes to spin it. This means lots of good things for power, but it will take longer to spin that turbine wheel and you'll have a more narrow "power band".

Stock CT26 - fast spool, low power
50 trim - small increase in spool time, small increase in air flow capacity (power)
57 trim - moderate increase in spool time, moderate increase in air flow capacity
60 trim and larger - large increase in spool time, large increase in air flow.

Unless you introduce a fancy sequential turbo set-up or some form of "anti-lag" with special tuning you will always give up lag for power. A 60 trim still isn't going to have a huge difference in lag time, but you get the idea.

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
Doat;2006268 said:
With what mods? I have the lex/550 mod and full 3in exhaust.

Reading up on his thread, looks like a built block, Intake, IC and piping, DP, 550cc injectors, exhaust. Just skimmed through the posts beforehand. It's been known to be completely doable to do 300hp with a 57 trim.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Doat;2006268 said:
With what mods? I have the lex/550 mod and full 3in exhaust.

Nothing incredible really...
7mgte with wiseco pistons and MHG
RC550 PL8 injectors
AEM uego wideband
DM AEM AFPR
stock intercooler (for that dyno)
LIPP Lexus AFM housing
Raptor racing DDP (excellent flow)
HKS EVC-S boost controller
DM 57 trim ct26
HKS 3" catback
EGR delete and cats removed.

That's setup for that dyno sheet. Was a nice strong pull but would top out due to being overly rich at WOT and the turbo could only flow so much.

Now I'm
7Mgte with wiseco pistons, MHG
HKS Longrunner manifold
SP6262 .68 ar DBB turbo
3" vband DP
HKS 3" catback (no cats)
EGR deleted
1000 cc ID injectors
Upgraded DM 7M Intercooler
Hks Bov
AEM AFPR
HKS Fcon VPRO 3.3 Standalone
90 MT ECU (swapped in for idle control and AC functions)
Rebuilt r154
HKS EVC -a boost controller
Innovate Wideband

Final tune slated for may 29. So far this has been at 465 rwhp without final tune at 19 psi on the dyno on pump gas. It's definitely capable of hitting 500 rwhp on pump gas (91 octane).

Updated dyno sheet at end of month.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Doat;2006292 said:
With all of those you are only at 300whp? what the hell man seems like you should be up in the 4-500s lol

Notice on his dyno sheet how rich he was? More rich than 10:1. That means there was a lot of fuel taking up space and power left on the table. Any mix of parts is only as good as its tune. I bet his numbers would have been much closer to 350 with a good tune. Perhaps beyond.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Yes, with some better fuel control it would have done a lot better. My fuel pressure was too high as well because I forgot that I had the Denso MKIV fuel pump.

I was dead set against a piggy back, so I went full stand alone.

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
y2ydahe4.jpg

This is what I did

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Grandavi;2006297 said:
There is two setups listed... The one for the dyno sheet I posted the link to (BPU setup) and current.
currently I am near 500

suprarx7nut;2006299 said:
Notice on his dyno sheet how rich he was? More rich than 10:1. That means there was a lot of fuel taking up space and power left on the table. Any mix of parts is only as good as its tune. I bet his numbers would have been much closer to 350 with a good tune. Perhaps beyond.

Grandavi;2006304 said:
Yes, with some better fuel control it would have done a lot better. My fuel pressure was too high as well because I forgot that I had the Denso MKIV fuel pump.

I was dead set against a piggy back, so I went full stand alone.
*slaps forehead* I read that in a hurry