What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
supra1jz;2005582 said:
@piratetip you and me both I'm going this week on my days off to put it all together the install my fuel setup and then have to have it tuned

How much was that paint job?

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
wow! that blue is awesome. all i did was pick up a used pair of eagle f1's for $45. 275-35-18's. :)
other than that, i'm still waiting for my new turbo to get here. :(

atmperformance

Sep 17, 2013
San jose
So I have a battery light (instrument panel), brake light (instrument panel), out tail light (instrument panel) that sometimes all come on together sometimes. Of course when i'm taking video in my car it doesn't happen but i think it's more common during the heat of the day and less common at night. I do have one out brake light so the tail light warming light makes sense to me but the brake and battery light coming on is proving annoying. I'm guessing it's a harness or alternator wire problem but thought i'd ask you guys before poking around with an ohm meter. Otherwise I'll be enjoying a beer reading a lot of cygnusx1.net

I wanted to post a picture or video but my camera being out seems to be a magic fix for it lol

mjsn1

Oct 18, 2009
Qatif
supra1jz;2005569 said:
I haven't post in a while and this was last week finally got my car painted
After some wet sanding and polishing
gu9apudy.jpg
qa7ehymy.jpg

Nice job on the paint. And good luck putting the thing back together.

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Supraholics;2005563 said:
Just installed my custom Beech Performance arms. All 4 corners.

10178068_840256329332319_6295093779451062949_n.jpg

More pics here.

Supraholics;2005568 said:
Doat, they are a quality piece. It offers you all the adjustment you could possibly need. If you opt for the hem joints you have less play in the suspension.

Supraholics;2005581 said:
I had these made with poly bushings instead of hem joints.

Do the hem joints wear out faster or are they noisier? Just wondering why you went with bushings instead?

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
They are noisier and they do wear out faster. My reason was because for this car I'm embracing the original intend of the car as a Grand Tourer. I want to be able to drive this car 3k miles in comfort if I wanted to.

I do have hem joints in my Cressida (also built by Beech Performance) and with over 4k miles still no issues. It is not as hard and noisy as one would think however.

ImperfectSupra

May 19, 2007
Virginia Beach
A-to-the-J;2005958 said:
Green truck gasket was great in my W58, but the Marlin Crawler bushing is even more amazing in the R154!

Did you replace the shifter bushing too to get the full benefit?

I didnt get the white bushing for the shift lever just the green gasket. I was a bit confuse on the marlin crawler website and was not sure which one to order.
Is the MC bushing a bit wider than the stock bushing or is everyone's recommendation of it because its just a newer replacement part for a worn out part?
And is that why it would give a better/tighter shift? MC part # for that particilar bushing anyone?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk