What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Looks like a test mule at the Nurburgring or something with the camo paint lol. Is this the new Supra that Toyota is planning????!!! DUN DUN DUNNNNNN

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
Doat;1998484 said:
Looks like a test mule at the Nurburgring or something with the camo paint lol. Is this the new Supra that Toyota is planning????!!! DUN DUN DUNNNNNN
I saw the graphic and decided I had to have it on my Supra. It's also hiding all the imperfections on the FRP body panels.

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
tried out those led headlights and they are definitely brighter at night but when I hit the fog lights it just turns on the bright lights? lol why would that be?

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
BrandonW;1998690 said:
tried out those led headlights and they are definitely brighter at night but when I hit the fog lights it just turns on the bright lights? lol why would that be?

I have issues with my fog lights and my projector retrofit. When I have the fogs and regular beams on it is fine, but when I turn on the high beams I cant turn them off until I turn off the fogs. I guess it's just an issue with there not being an actual bulb in the plug. I know to solve my problem I can just rewire the fog lights to be able to turn on without the headlights being on, I just haven't done it.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Yeah, with upgraded headlights the fog lights are more for aesthetics at that point. I need to rewire mine, but I hate messing with wiring and that's why I've been procrastinating it.

Changed my clutch master cylinder today. Took a minute because at first I didn't have a swivel socket but after I went a bought a new one, it was easier to change. But I got a badass headache from having all the blood going to my head when I was undering the dash.

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Only thing I've had time to do is replace the broken "Toyota" badge in the front grille with an aluminum "TRD" badge. I got the one that takes screws, and they fit snugly right in the holes the old badge was using. Will post pics later.

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
BrandonW;1998699 said:
I guess i'll have to do the rewire but the led's are brighter alone than my original headlights and fogs
Silver MK3;1998700 said:
Yeah, with upgraded headlights the fog lights are more for aesthetics at that point. I need to rewire mine, but I hate messing with wiring and that's why I've been procrastinating it.

IIRC, with HID's, they won't work properly if the foglights aren't re-wired. Or that may be for HID fogs and headlights. I forget.

But foglight rewire is one of the best things you can do anyway. It looks amazing when you're doing night pictures! It's not much wiring, however, I've never done it on 91-92's, so I can't comment about those years. God forbid, IF you were to mess it up. A little soldering can put everything back to stock.

On topic, the last thing I did was put on the stock lip, wash and wax it (In all honesty, it needs a clay bar and polish). Then decided what to drive. The dilemma I have is MPG vs HP. Although I pick the Supra more often:

p1998731_1.jpg

I didn't realize the Supra was that low until I took that picture.

EDIT: Van, That's a pretty nice paint scheme you have. It's definitely different and looks pretty good. I like it!

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
A-to-the-J;1998731 said:
IIRC, with HID's, they won't work properly if the foglights aren't re-wired. Or that may be for HID fogs and headlights. I forget.

But foglight rewire is one of the best things you can do anyway. It looks amazing when you're doing night pictures! It's not much wiring, however, I've never done it on 91-92's, so I can't comment about those years. God forbid, IF you were to mess it up. A little soldering can put everything back to stock.

On topic, the last thing I did was put on the stock lip, wash and wax it (In all honesty, it needs a clay bar and polish). Then decided what to drive. The dilemma I have is MPG vs HP. Although I pick the Supra more often:

p1998739_1.jpg

EDIT: Van, That's a pretty nice paint scheme you have. It's definitely different and looks pretty good. I like it!

I have an 87, I saw the instructions that are posted online, but I made a thread on it and some people were saying that the way the instructions show to do it isn't safe.

I would also have to choose the Supra. Today I had a guy in a Blue R8 wave at me (I gave him a thumbs up a few weeks ago, the car sounds heavenly) and then a few minutes later a guy in a corolla drove by me while I was waiting at a light and said "nice car" as he drove by.

I wish I would have had my fog lights rewired for some evening pictures I took tonight... I'll try and get some of them posted up in a little.

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
A-to-the-J;1998731 said:

p1998740_1.jpg

Thanks!
It's a 3M, vinyl product, applied with a blow torch and an Exacto knife... I had it done for $2K. It can be washed and waxed like paint.

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
Silver MK3;1998739 said:
I have an 87, I saw the instructions that are posted online, but I made a thread on it and some people were saying that the way the instructions show to do it isn't safe.

I would also have to choose the Supra. Today I had a guy in a Blue R8 wave at me (I gave him a thumbs up a few weeks ago, the car sounds heavenly) and then a few minutes later a guy in a corolla drove by me while I was waiting at a light and said "nice car" as he drove by.

I wish I would have had my fog lights rewired for some evening pictures I took tonight... I'll try and get some of them posted up in a little.

Are you referring to this one: http://supras.com/06/techcenter/display.php?QID=41

Honestly, I've used the SOGI site for all rewires from 86.5 to 90. I've done countless Supras and I have never had a problem. The only hard part is getting to the foglight relay. After you take off the kick panel next to the dead pedal, the relay is in weird location and you have to get creative on how to get to the wire needed. Also, you can use a different fuse. I like to use the radio fuse so I can run the fog lights without the running lights (for night time pictures).

The only pain is getting to the relay, the rest is cake. AND like I said, it's probably the best lighting mod, especially if you have the yellow capsules AND yellow bulbs :)

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
A-to-the-J;1998750 said:
Are you referring to this one: http://supras.com/06/techcenter/display.php?QID=41

Honestly, I've used the SOGI site for all rewires from 86.5 to 90. I've done countless Supras and I have never had a problem. The only hard part is getting to the foglight relay. After you take off the kick panel next to the dead pedal, the relay is in weird location and you have to get creative on how to get to the wire needed. Also, you can use a different fuse. I like to use the radio fuse so I can run the fog lights without the running lights (for night time pictures).

The only pain is getting to the relay, the rest is cake. AND like I said, it's probably the best lighting mod, especially if you have the yellow capsules AND yellow bulbs :)

Yeah, that's the one. I really do like the way the MK3 Supra looks like the fog lights but no headlights on, its a menacing kind of look almost. I'm going to look back over the thread I had on it and might just go with the way in the link you posted. I haven't heard of anyone having problems using that method. I do have a quick question for you: If you have only the foglights on do they auto shut off like the rest of the lights, or does the switch need to be turned off everytime you park the car?