What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Not today, but yesterday I changed my transmission gear oil and switched to Redline MT90. It shifts super smooth now, I'm very happy. I also changed the differential oil.

I also re-torqued my sub-frames as per the TSRM. I was really surprised when some of the bolts actually moved. On the way home I noticed the car seemed more solid going over bumps in the road. I also noticed it was quieter going over railroad tracks and things like that. There used to be some noise that came out of the suspension, but it is gone now.

While I was under the car I noticed there are a few rust holes forming in the resonator and muffler welds which explains the slight rattle when pulling out. Now I'm looking for an exhaust for my N/A that sounds and looks stock, my options seem to be very limited.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Drove it tonight to the ATM machine to make a deposit and it's freezing here in Houston so the water on my car turned to ice and as I was driving it sounded like my hatch was made of styrofoam. Damn hatch squeak.

Janch

Jul 23, 2012
Riga
Dont leave it just water because it will start to rust inside and will damage your rubber seals. If using water do 50/50 antifreze/ water mix

Rafagazos

Mar 9, 2011
Virginia
Clean off all the snow/ice that just hit the east coast.Screen Shot 2014-03-04 at 11.06.52 PM.png Had to get some lock deicer for the key lock because it was frozen. Anybody else got problems with this? it's just my driver side that does it when its gets too cold outside.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Janch;1994007 said:
Dont leave it just water because it will start to rust inside and will damage your rubber seals. If using water do 50/50 antifreze/ water mix

sheedy126;1994010 said:
i think he was talking about the water that was on the outside of his car :D
Bingo lol I have 50/50 in my radiator always I never run just water unless it's an emergency situation.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Antifreeze is also rust protectant and lubricant...

Today I got a very good email...
"Your cars running in the VPro now, purrs like a kitten..."

Tuning this week, will post dyno!

<color me excited>

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Nice!^^

I got home today around 11, and saw that UPS delivered my radio from the Kenwood service center that I had to send it to for warranty service. So the first thing I do is open it up, and go straight out to the car and pull the other one out and put my Kenwood back in. Everything seems to be working fine! But I did put a small scratch on the screen when I bumped it with the ratchet. I hope it isn't noticeable.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
I kinda wanna mount a 7 inch android tablet as a head unit.. WiFi tether to my phone and I have GPS and all the music I could want.. plus all sorts of cool apps lol.. GPS speedometer.. GPS quarter mile.. blah blah blah

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Backlash2032;1994065 said:
I kinda wanna mount a 7 inch android tablet as a head unit.. WiFi tether to my phone and I have GPS and all the music I could want.. plus all sorts of cool apps lol.. GPS speedometer.. GPS quarter mile.. blah blah blah

I looked into that as well I wish I had the ability to custom make panels and such I'd wire up a nice android tablet and set it to sleep when I turn the car off, etc. I really looked into it and it seems the only hard part really is mounting it; otherwise, you can use the cig lighter wires for the power source, mount an external amp for the speakers, and if you want it to handle phone calls most tablets have a sim slot, and to make everything easier you can either find a custom rom or use a car dash app to navigate. That's the beauty of android tablets you can do whatever you want with them. It can work very well if you can figure out how to mount it and make it look clean and nice but kind of difficult to do with our cars especially since the double din is mounted so low down you have to look downward to operate it I wish it was mounted higher up.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
I'd be happy with tablet mounted right were the factory radio is. I just need to figure out how to make it output 4 channel, rather than just stereo..

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Yeah but it's not true 4 channel. It would be the same signal front and rear. Which I suppose isn't a big deal..

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Hmm. I'll have to look into it. Last I checked there wasn't anything hahaha

The am/fm could be easily cured by an app.. my personal favorite is tune in radio. Just streams the station through the internet.