What did you do to your supra today? Pics

atmperformance

Sep 17, 2013
San jose
supra1-5-2014.jpg
IC cleaned and re-installed OMG so much old oil in it, it was noticeably lighter after cleaning. manifold installed. nearly ready to put the easy stuff on. my 90degree oil AN fitting sits against the turbo outlet hose when test fitting. I might have to clock it a couple degrees if the gasket doesn't clear up enough room for mt liking.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Replaced my ballasts this morning. So far so good, I hope these ones work after my last two were part of a recall. Right now I'm mounting my 6.5" JBL's into my KevinM speaker pods.

drogon

Oct 29, 2013
Dallas Texas
Silver MK3;1984246 said:
Replaced my ballasts this morning. So far so good, I hope these ones work after my last two were part of a recall. Right now I'm mounting my 6.5" JBL's into my KevinM speaker pods.

what is the max depth speaker those can hold? slow do they line up fine with the 4'' door pannel speaker covers? I have 4" polk audios wired to a Hifonics amp only pushing about 50watts rms per speaker and 2 kicker L7s 1600 watts rms(basshead lol) speakers can keep up but tweeters would be lovley along with some 6.5s

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
drogon;1984260 said:
what is the max depth speaker those can hold? slow do they line up fine with the 4'' door pannel speaker covers? I have 4" polk audios wired to a Hifonics amp only pushing about 50watts rms per speaker and 2 kicker L7s 1600 watts rms(basshead lol) speakers can keep up but tweeters would be lovley along with some 6.5s

I just mounted some JBL GTO638's in mine and I probably have a little less than a half inch of space left. You can always trim them out a little more to fit something bigger I believe. They will work fine with the 4" door panel speaker covers, just part of the speaker will be covered up. From what I have read this doesn't seem like much of a problem. I'm hoping to get them installed tomorrow.

drogon

Oct 29, 2013
Dallas Texas
Changed out spark plugs NGK and wires NGK as well.
8utybada.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Backlash2032;1984274 said:
I'm wanting to go with those JBLs sometime.. how do they sound?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

My initial impression was that they sound pretty good. I literally just put them in. I'll post back later when I get to drive with them in for a little bit later today.

atmperformance

Sep 17, 2013
San jose
Silver MK3;1984374 said:
Those were my thoughts exactly. Normally when I see a N/A its so dirty and Jerry-rigged that I cringe.

We are probably the only two with clean N/A's :)

I use to have a really clean 90 white package hardtop N/A but i sold it for a turbo motor. these days i'm traded up to a dirtier but more turbo'd mk3

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Backlash2032;1984274 said:
I'm wanting to go with those JBLs sometime.. how do they sound?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Well I've listened to the speakers quite a bit today and played with the settings on my headunit. I think they sound pretty good. They don't make bass that will shake the car to pieces, but that is to be expected since I'm just powering them straight of the headunit. They are definitely clearer and don't distort and crackle at higher volumes like my 4" Blaupunkts did. Overall I think they are pretty good speakers especially for the price, I only paid $55 on Amazon. I've also read before that speakers need time to break in so I would think they will continue to sound even better as they get more hours on them. All the reviews I read also said that the speakers really come alive when you hook them up to an amp, but I don't really want to install an amp and run all the wires associated with it. I'm happy with them.