What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Backlash2032;1983182 said:
Doat, going down the road you'll actually have a little more power, since you'll be moving air through the intercooler. You should've had a fan blowing on the front of the car! Lol

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
I was thinking the same but they have a crazy exhaust fan setup it felt like there was a constant strong wind in the shop so it got some cold air but not as much as moving air. They just did some quick runs for entertainment otherwise they would have fans up front.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Doat;1983187 said:
I was thinking the same but they have a crazy exhaust fan setup it felt like there was a constant strong wind in the shop so it got some cold air but not as much as moving air. They just did some quick runs for entertainment otherwise they would have fans up front.

I gotcha.. I still think you would have made more power with some fans, but thats just me. What was with the hiccup coming into boost?

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I think that was the boost controller cutting it because I turned up the boost but forgot to adjust the warning level on the controller so it probably cut it a little bit. Now that you mention that it probably can make even more power when I adjust that warning level so it doesn't cut boost

Communistwookie

Jul 5, 2013
Dallas, TX
Was getting un-installing running boards from truck to repaint and notice this on the Supra.. Guess it was cold enough last night to cause a problem. Appears the leak is coming from the dual pressure switches on A/C Line

IMG_20140104_113502870.jpgIMG_20140104_113510515.jpgIMG_20140104_113522781.jpgIMG_20140104_113535323.jpg

Communistwookie

Jul 5, 2013
Dallas, TX
not 100% sure but i followed where its wet with that fluid right below the two pressure switches on that line and the fluid appears to flow down towards the fire wall and was dripping down under the car. Would the heater valve leak under the pressure switches on the A/C Line? Fluid looks like dye/oil/fluid from A/C system to me.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I can hear a ticking noise as I rev if I listen carefully, I guess I have an exhaust leak. Oh joy, time to go hunting to make sure. She just can't let me enjoy her for more than a few months without any issues.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Communistwookie;1983258 said:
not 100% sure but i followed where its wet with that fluid right below the two pressure switches on that line and the fluid appears to flow down towards the fire wall and was dripping down under the car. Would the heater valve leak under the pressure switches on the A/C Line? Fluid looks like dye/oil/fluid from A/C system to me.

Definitely looks like dye to me, not coolant. But that is a LOT for an AC leak lol..

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
Communistwookie;1983258 said:

Very possible you are correct the heater switch is directly above those lines and could be dripping on them.... It would just be a easier fix if that was the case

Communistwookie

Jul 5, 2013
Dallas, TX
Drove it to work
a7amujed.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Well I could not hear the ticking noise when I was revving my car today except for the valve tick, it's weird I can hear it in the car and it sounds like it's coming from the engine bay but I can't hear it from revving it. Maybe it is just my valves needing adjustment. I finally got to making a better video of how my exhaust sounds now that I installed my Tanabe Hyper medallion and have a full 3in setup, loving it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IS0eiGvhAqk

Any tips on getting a valve adjustment? Like what should I replace while I am already in there or what valves, springs, etc. to replace my old ones with.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Sorry it was set to private lol try it now. I am pretty sure it's valve tick it's coming right from the valve cover area but I can get a stethoscope and do some more accurate listening.