What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Dan88t

Jun 12, 2007
Binghamton, NY
If I could change one thing about my Tanabe exhaust it would be to have a smaller tip - People are always like "car looks good, get rid of that coffee can" and then I get angry and mean. I don't want to change exhaust tips tho because I like the "Tanabe Hyper Medallion..." etching on it...

7M4EVR

Oct 8, 2012
fah, fah away
I don't mind my "coffee can". Mostly because of seeing and hearing the reactions of the people that call it a (coffee can, fart can, etc) after I do a quick pull. Usually something like this: "Whoa dude that thing doesn't sound like the typical ricer coffee can". "Can I have a ride?"

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Dan88t;1977397 said:
If I could change one thing about my Tanabe exhaust it would be to have a smaller tip - People are always like "car looks good, get rid of that coffee can" and then I get angry and mean. I don't want to change exhaust tips tho because I like the "Tanabe Hyper Medallion..." etching on it...
When I buy the touring medallion how about we switch mufflers? :D

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
If your going with an exhaust switch... I have the HKS catback with the twin tip muffler. Looks stock (but meatier) and has an excellent low tone but not loud (until I really crack it open.. then its really loud.. lol).

Im not a fan of the huge chrome mufflers.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I like the sound of the Tanabe it's very clean I don't care for the chrome muffler either but meh if it comes to it I'll paint it matte black or something.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
With the Tanabe, I've often got the quietest car at meets, and I like that. The size of the exhaust tip is a bit of cause for embaressment though. I do wish that it looked less like the rice-boy style. (I used to make fun of the Hondas with exhaust tips that size a lot. Well, still do, when I can see that it's stock size piping up tot he muffler.)

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
That muffler is pretty nice too.

Dan_Gyoba;1977453 said:
With the Tanabe, I've often got the quietest car at meets, and I like that. The size of the exhaust tip is a bit of cause for embaressment though. I do wish that it looked less like the rice-boy style. (I used to make fun of the Hondas with exhaust tips that size a lot. Well, still do, when I can see that it's stock size piping up tot he muffler.)
Well Honda owners usually just have a fart can this is different lol we are talking about a full 3in exhaust with a quality product not some universal fart can that Honda owners throw onto their stock exhaust and sound like blenders.

What else would I need for replacing my exhaust? I know I need new gaskets and hangers, how many?, but is there something I am missing because I think that covers it. Other than the catalytic converter of course which I'll be looking to get one from driftmotion.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
I'm not a real big fan of the really large exhaust tips either. I like the look of the stock dual tip one or the HKS dual tip one that looked very similair to the stock one. Simple and classy looking.

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
I loveeeee my raptor racing exhaust. Not too loud (2jz w/ twins), dual tip, 3inch all the way, and its sold by a forum vendor. What's not to love? The hks dual tip is also a nice exhaust that I was considering.

I almost went with tanabe but I wanted the stock dual tip look.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
Went to a meet took some pics

1477787_10151792803186658_237415202_n.jpg

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
I raced a TT 300zx.. unfortunately, with him being TT, he spooled faster than me.. but I held pretty well on his rear bumper. Not too bad for a 7M on stock boost!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk