What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
How exactly do they mount? I know it has something to do with the hatch molding and double sided tape I believe, but I'm not sure I fully understand the concept.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
ez...
There are 4 clips.. 2 up and 1 each side with 8 screws. You just slide under the trim and double tape to the glass. Hangs on great if you use double sided tape on ALL clips... lol. I didn't tape my sides and a tail wind flipped it off my car while it was parked. Took me about 20 minutes of walking and lining up to finish. But overall, very easy install.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Grandavi;1978273 said:
ez...
There are 4 clips.. 2 up and 1 each side with 8 screws. You just slide under the trim and double tape to the glass. Hangs on great if you use double sided tape on ALL clips... lol. I didn't tape my sides and a tail wind flipped it off my car while it was parked. Took me about 20 minutes of walking and lining up to finish. But overall, very easy install.

So do you have to pop the clips up on the trim to get the clip and tape under them?

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Someone wants to sell me a modded fuel rail (free), aeromotive FPR, brand new AEM wideband and electronic fuel ratio gauge for $375. I already have a Walbro fuel pump but it's not installed but my question is what do I need to know about upgrading my fuel setup? I have 550CC injectors, lexus AFM, 3in divorce downpipe soon a full 3 in exhaust, and an electronic boost controller. I really only want to fine tune my mixture to make sure everything is operating correctly and the mixture is as good as it can be since it's well known that with my mods it's good to keep an eye on your mixture.

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
none of that will do you any good without some way to tune it. you could just buy an afc and fine tune what you have already.

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
the only thing you need at this point is a wideband. you should be ok with the lex/550's without the afpr and walbro. if yo uknow someone that knows how to tune with an afc, i would get one. that 's the cheapest option.

scottiedawg66

Apr 1, 2005
Bay Area Ca
gsxr141;1978360 said:
the only thing you need at this point is a wideband. you should be ok with the lex/550's without the afpr and walbro. if yo uknow someone that knows how to tune with an afc, i would get one. that 's the cheapest option.

i ran that exact set up for a few years on my 7m. it was great, and required no closed loop tuning with the AFC. i agree, unless you are pushing the injectors, no need for afc and walbro.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I have always wanted to learn how to tune I've had an interest in it for a long time. What AFC would you guys suggest I get? Something that is well known or easy to work with, etc.

scottiedawg66

Apr 1, 2005
Bay Area Ca
i have been on the same apexi safc II for almost 10 years on both a 1jz on twins and two different singles, and a 7m with the lexus afm and 550s. for the price and ease of use I got no complaints. I have only had a slow pump gas car running less than 1 bar. the apexi safc II can be a bit fiddily since sometimes my settings change, but I watch my wideband and I am yet to grenade a motor. I think it is really best for open loop tuning, but I use it currently for my closed loop as well since I am on 550s on the stock 1j ECU (370 stock injectors). The way that controller works is it allows a user to adjust the AFM or MAP sensor signal. You can add or remove fuel by % at different RPM and throttle points by modifying the air flow signal the ECU sees.

for a 7m on lexus afm and 550s it is a great tool. for my set up (550s on the 1j ecu, cams, single) I should have bought a standalone years ago. 2014 just might be the year for that.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I was thinking of the exact same thing I see a lot of members and people use the Apexi SAFC II. I am really interested in knowing what is a good tune like how much air and fuel should I have for performance and fuel economy how do you figure that out?

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I have a lot of research ahead of me lol. I don't know how good the 93 octane is here in Texas but I try to always fill up with Shell V-power.

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
scottiedawg66;1978375 said:
, but we have shitty 91 octane where i live.

no sunoco Ultra94? I was told that stuff is Ethanol free, which is what I use to store cars, no break down of the fuel