What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I was pulling about 22-25 mpg in town with the 87 NA before it got toasted. It was using the Cressida intake though which doesn't hold the torque to the higher RPMs like the Supra Y intake does. Don't know if that made a difference or just because the motor was freshened with new seals and gaskets and wiring...

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Austin2048;1963543 said:
I changed the plugs, wires, cap, rotor, and air filter after I got the car roughly 4 months ago

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Alright, I just wanted to make sure you had covered the basic maintenance things. I don't know what would be causing you mpg to be so low.

Grandavi;1963552 said:
I was pulling about 22-25 mpg in town with the 87 NA before it got toasted. It was using the Cressida intake though which doesn't hold the torque to the higher RPMs like the Supra Y intake does. Don't know if that made a difference or just because the motor was freshened with new seals and gaskets and wiring...

It might have been the different intake. I have been getting around 20 or so lately, and that is with very city driving. By that I mean a lot of 35 mph, idling, stop and go, and the AC is always blasting here in the summer.

This might be a stupid question, but in Canada do you guys also mainly have the 10% ethanol gas like we do here in the US?

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Grandavi;1963568 said:
no, we have 10% ethanol at some stations, but I have none in my gas at all. I know on my Tundra (2uz) I cant run more than 15% ethanol, I just avoid it.. lol. (2000 Tundra)

That could be why your gas mileage is better as well then. I wish non ethanol gas was readily available here. Its better for the system and provides better gas mileage. There is only one station here that has it. Right now 93 octane( with 10% ethanol) is like $3.49 here and the only non ethanol available is 93 and it is something around $4.29.

theGOODWIN2012

Supraman
Oct 28, 2012
Long Island, NY
Im actually having the same problem with my N/A. Like 11-14mpg avg city driving. I replaced the rotor cap, wires, plugs, O2 sensor, cleaned MAF, cleaned the injectors, replaced a few various gaskets, replaced the 20 year old fuel filter, and I havent had a single change in my mpg. I found a small exhaust leak but would that really cause my engine to run rich and drop my mpg drastically?? I was using premium gas for a while but it got to costly so I switched back to regular. Though I noticed no difference in mpg between the 2 octanes.

Austin2048

May 31, 2013
Kaukauna, Wi
theGOODWIN2012;1963572 said:
Im actually having the same problem with my N/A. Like 11-14mpg avg city driving. I replaced the rotor cap, wires, plugs, O2 sensor, cleaned MAF, cleaned the injectors, replaced a few various gaskets, replaced the 20 year old fuel filter, and I havent had a single change in my mpg. I found a small exhaust leak but would that really cause my engine to run rich and drop my mpg drastically?? I was using premium gas for a while but it got to costly so I switched back to regular. Though I noticed no difference in mpg between the 2 octanes.

How many miles are on your motor?

sprigmo1;1963908 said:
Yesterday finished cleaning the interior and exterior... Today gonna drain and fill rear diff and tranny.... take a test drive.... Car has been down for 7yrs

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

I couldn't go 7 years without driving my supra

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
My 87 sat in the garage for almost 3 years... got the engine back in, replaced all the hoses, spruced up the valve covers, cleaned everything... did a full front brake job... drove it for a couple weeks...

and then a guy who we can't prove was texting... hits it.. end of story.

... safer in the garage... lol

Austin2048

May 31, 2013
Kaukauna, Wi
theGOODWIN2012;1964050 said:
Austin2048;1963917 said:
How many miles are on your motor?

113xxx

So you don't have an ass ton of miles like my 7M does. I think the 207,500 miles is my issue.

I guess my bimetallic vacuum valve is broken? That's probably what this blocked off vacuum line is supposed to go to. Is that important?

theGOODWIN2012

Supraman
Oct 28, 2012
Long Island, NY
Not at all which is why Im utterly lost at why I'm getting 12mpg. Mine isn't connected to anything and one of the vacuum line connectors on it is broken anyway. As far as I know its for emissions. (I think it connects to the charcoal canister but I'm not sure since I removed mine) Though someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

MNBmk3T

Aug 2, 2011
Burnaby, BC
Installed a Blitz DSBC Type 3 electronic boost controller that I picked up for $125 (amazingly cheap!). Just had my buddy splice the controller harness back together as the wires were cut somehow. Just need some f*cking vacuum line to finish the install and remove my Turbosmart Boost-T.

Austin2048

May 31, 2013
Kaukauna, Wi
theGOODWIN2012;1964090 said:
Not at all which is why Im utterly lost at why I'm getting 12mpg. Mine isn't connected to anything and one of the vacuum line connectors on it is broken anyway. As far as I know its for emissions. (I think it connects to the charcoal canister but I'm not sure since I removed mine) Though someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Mine was broken when I bought my car. I think both nozzles are broken off but I only have one loose vacuum line with a screw jammed into it. At least I think there is only one. I'd have to look at it again. I didn't even know mine was broken or what that part was until I saw a picture of a good one today

sprigmo1

Sep 27, 2005
Waldorf, Maryland, United States
ezadezar.jpg

Spent 7 days cleaning inside and out

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2