What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Anyone use the stainless exhaust from Driftmotion? I am looking to upgrade my stock exhaust to a full 3in with a high flow cat, would that keep me acceptable for emissions? I have a muffler in my garage that I would use, so I am not worried about that.

I have the exhaust from driftmotion. I like it. It sounds nice but im not sure about emmissions. The exhaust comes as a cat delete system meaning it will bolt up to the downpipe instead of the catlyic converter like most exhaust. So if you want to get the driftmotion exhaust, you have to cut and reweld a new cat onto the exhaust.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
I started cleaning some parts to get powder coated.

Upper and lower alternator brackets, front hoist hook, AC bracket, lower timing cover, PS "idle up" vacuum hose, heater core pipe, oil pan, valve covers, rear engine hook, upper intake manifold, ISC pipe, PCV pipe, under intake vacuum pipes, Dipstick tube, PS reservoir bracket, and my turbo inlet pipe. I think a couple of other bits.

I'm not doing the 3000 pipe, because mine has been customized, and I kind of need it in the meantime. Not doing the lower intake manifold, nor the fuel pipe. I'd do the "J" tube blockoff, if I had one, but I don't. Can't do motor mounts, or motor mount brackets, because I only have one set of '89.5+, and they're in the car, and I need them.

I'm planning on getting most of this done in mirror blue, possibly with the Starlight clearcoat over it. (This is because the guy with the powder coating stuff has it, and wants to see what it looks like, so...

Probably though the hoist hooks and oil pan will just be gloss black.

1jz-Rolla

Sep 11, 2011
Canberra
I've been trying to find a pair of yellow fog light lenses for ages with no luck, so covered my clear set today with vinyl wrap:

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Backlash2032;1958663 said:
I guess I should have said that too... Oops. :p

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA

I always registered my vehicles in GA, I used to be in the army and after basic training at benning I needed an address to make it legal, so I googled it and just used the first address that came up (18 and had never registered a vehicle before, and was to fresh to the army to have figured out the post mail system) turns out I had my car registered to the post commanders residence for two years! From that point on I used my sisters house in GA (always tell cops in other states that my vehicle passes "GA state inspection" lol)

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
yhatzee89;1958660 said:
So glad I live in a state that doesn't do vehicle inspections at all :D

We don't have one in Alabama either. I kinda wish we did just have a simple one to keep people from driving around with no brake lights, or headlights, and just generally unsafe things that I see way to often here.

Austin2048

May 31, 2013
Kaukauna, Wi
Wisconsin doesn't have a state inspection either. I think half the cars up here would fail cause they're too rusty!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I tried using a corded impact driver to remove the crank bolt on my 2jz while on the engine stand and that didn't help I need an air impact lol or a torch. I tried using my breaker bar with a foot or so pipe to get more leverage and I was lifting the motor with the engine stand. OMG I just had an idea ahahahah why don't I try breaking it loose on the other side so I have to push down on the breaker bar instead of lifting up? *slaps forehead*

suprajztwenty

Nov 5, 2009
corinth tx
youll almost for sure need an air impact...and a good one at that. PLEASE dont try a torch.

you can try to "impact" your breaker bar with a good size hammer and sometimes its enough to crack it.

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
i dropped the motor and parts off to be rebuilt. looks like i'm headed to the dealership today to get a headgasket and some other stuff. :)

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
suprajztwenty;1958810 said:
youll almost for sure need an air impact...and a good one at that. PLEASE dont try a torch.

you can try to "impact" your breaker bar with a good size hammer and sometimes its enough to crack it.
I've read people using the torch method and I am not a fan of that but it doesn't really matter for me because I am replacing the crank bolt and pulley anyway unless the heat would damage the threads in the block?