What did you do to your supra today? Pics

loc182

Jul 3, 2013
Grove City, Ohio
Over time the leather tends to just fall apart and come off. The one on my MR2 was off after a few years. First the inner rubber disintegrated and then friction from the leather moving around wore holes in it from the inside. Considering the exposed shift pattern on the Supra I suspect those shift knobs are even more prone to losing their leather.

Be weary of buying parts at the dealer that are of a specfic color! Things tend to get superseded to a single color. I ordered a gray door lock bezel back in 2010 and received a black one. Thankfully all I needed was the clips, but it was a good lesson learned.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I need to replace my Ebrake boot and arm rest, anyone recommend a good place for that?

Yea my leather wrap is worn I want to replace it with a new one but screw spending 200 bucks on a shift knob lol.

loc182

Jul 3, 2013
Grove City, Ohio
No problem! I too could use a new ebrake cover and center console cover.

It did look like Toyota had multiple colors in stock for the console cover, but even the discounted price was over $100 :(

theGOODWIN2012

Supraman
Oct 28, 2012
Long Island, NY
Backlash2032;1957775 said:
Mine is just all shitty around the water neck. All sorts of codes. Plus, 13 mpg and MAYBE 200 horsepower lol

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA

Im not throwing any codes and deal with those numbers... maybe my engine is just shot...

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Changed my clutch master cylinder. Then it started raining before I could bleed it. :( Well, it's working at least as well as the leaking master did before I changed it, and it won't get worse before I get a chance to bleed the system. Tried to blot up as much of the brake fluid from inside the car as possible.

The left hand side nut for the clutch master is a bitch to put on. Not so bad to remove though. It really annoyed me when the nut fell into the fuse box area, and I had to remove the kickpanel, and reach down into the bottom of the fender to find the damned thing. Well, at least that doesn't take long when the screw heads on the dead pedal mounts are still in good condition. Doing that was a bit of a nightmare on my '89. Well, until I cut slots into those bolts with a dremel...

Next weekend, I'm planning on swapping in parts to the '90.

For tonight, I think that I'm going to install the fuel rail on the new engine, since I finally have the spacers. I have brand new RC550 injectors to go with the fuel rail. I've decided it's probably easier to purchase a working engine harness and install that than it is to transplant the engine harness from the engine coming out and install on the new one. I would like to minimize downtime while the actual engine is being swapped out, which is probably best done by having as complete an assembly ready as possible. the cost of the harness shouldn't be bad, and I ought to be able to recoup most of it by selling off the known good harness currently in the car once I know that things are working.

MK3Hitman21

Mar 5, 2011
CALIFORNIA
p1958168_1.jpg

Doing the cams and the gears also you see part of the injector and fuel rail to the left. Hmmm wondering what's going on there lol..

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
grsupra87;1958170 said:
Simple but fun stuff. Re-attached rear mudflap, straightened messed up factory chin moulding, Buffed her, washed her, and waxed her.

How did you straighten it? I tried to straighten mine before by removing the metal support bar and bending it straight again, but it didn't fully straighten it (better than most I'm sure, but its not perfect). I read somewhere about using a heat gun, but I'm not so sure about that.

grsupra87

Let's go Pens!!
There were a couple bent clips from the former owner hitting curb stops and stuff. So I took the the support bar and straightened it like you said, and fixed the clips that the screws go into. It is much better, but it is not perfectly straight. It will do until I order my shine lip.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I went camping last week and on the way back I spotted 2 celicas, a Lamborghini, 3 really nice looking Mustangs (newer) and typical assortment of BMW and VW's with oversized wheels.

All I could do was dream about cruising in my 88 while plowing down the road in my 77 e300 Ford Empress motorhome. Looks like I won't see my car until the end of August...

Due to the extended time it's taking to get the T4 and HKS VPro installed and tuned I am tempted to swap in newer and larger injectors seeing as I won't be running the AFM anymore.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
So yesterday, I managed to change out my clutch master cylinder, then, before I got a chance to bleed the system, it started raining. Well, pouring, really. Big summer thunderstorm.

This morning, I got a call from a client. The thunderstorm took down their servers. (They're on a UPS, which is in turn backed by a genset, so it wasn't loss of power.) The UPS was reset by a massive surge. It kicked out in time to save the servers... but not the main switch. Anyway, so I've got to get in the car and drive out to the opposite side of town, and beyond. They're in an industrial park outside of the city. Opposite side. Naturally my clutch is working like poop, having a bunch of air in the system.

Oh guess what... The rain was bad enough that it managed to wash out some of the freeway that crosses the city. I find this out from the radio while I'm ON that freeway, wondering why it's a freakin' parking lot. Lots of stop/go. Finally I get off of the freeway onto the alternate route where it's... Lots of stop/go. Ugh.

Anyway, I got that crisis taken care of (Brought in a replacement switch, I just happened to have the exact model in my office.) and back home again. Just spent the last 45 minutes bleeding the clutch. It seems to be better now, but I have yet to go take it for a road test. Once that's done, I get to adjust the freeplay on the master cylinder. I mostly got it when I put it in, and sort of adjusted it when I bled the system, but a road test will really tell me how well it is done.