What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Aku

And The Boost Goes On
Feb 24, 2010
Irvine, CA
Doat;1956944 said:
I am using their LEDs for my dome, courtesy, turn signals, parking, license plate, reverse, and brake lights and they work and look fantastic.
Quick question, do you know which LED type is used for the rear license plate? Last time I searched around I ended up with the wrong info(and bulbs lol).

I gave my III a quick wash, put my Toyota badge back on(Front), and bought a refill for my Air Spencer freshener lol(JDM! haha).

7twg.jpg

suprajztwenty

Nov 5, 2009
corinth tx
trans went in at 6 am this morning (after working all night assembling) started around 5pm and had it on the ground about 1130.

has anyone done a trans rebuild and hear a gear whir in neutral with clutch out? i passed it as it just needed oil to sling into everything and clean any dirt that may have gotten in. (im using dyno oil to break in my first gear and clutch hub so itll be drained) i decided to get it around the block to see if the noise worsened or told me if it was a particular gear. made it to the corner and stopped, noise improved, next corner and still improved. and it repeats, the longer i drove it the better it got and now its gone completely. i drove about a mile before it started clearing up to the point it didnt worry me to drive further. i did about a 5mile highway run and the noise is gone. the entire drive was awesome the way it shifts now. i assume the syncros are going to take some time to break in but even still its better than it was before.

id post pics but my phone was almost dead and wouldnt let it use flash. tomorrow tho! i get to make a long'ish trip and see how it does. damn does it feel good to have a car again!!!

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Aku;1956957 said:
Quick question, do you know which LED type is used for the rear license plate? Last time I searched around I ended up with the wrong info(and bulbs lol).
Yea it is this BA155 part number 67-x15. I ordered the 15 LED bulb and it looks great. Tip for when you order LED towers, make sure you order the ones with the same offset studs I made the mistake of getting some bulbs that had different offset studs and they won't fit properly. You will want the 1156 towers NOT the 1157 if I am not mistaken, you could contact superbright to make sure. Also don't forget to get a flasher relay that supports LEDs otherwise your signals and such will flash quickly as if the bulbs went out. If you use LEDs for turn signals then you will get the dash light unless you jump the module wires, which I still need to do.
http://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/...-toyota-supra--license+plate/62-1043--434305/

I need to get my tranny rebuilt for when I swap in my 2jz mainly the first gear washer lol. I wouldn't want to rebuild the tranny myself I don't trust myself.

Aku

And The Boost Goes On
Feb 24, 2010
Irvine, CA
Doat;1956960 said:
Yea it is this BA155 part number 67-x15. I ordered the 15 LED bulb and it looks great. Tip for when you order LED towers, make sure you order the ones with the same offset studs I made the mistake of getting some bulbs that had different offset studs and they won't fit properly. You will want the 1156 towers NOT the 1157 if I am not mistaken, you could contact superbright to make sure. Also don't forget to get a flasher relay that supports LEDs otherwise your signals and such will flash quickly as if the bulbs went out. If you use LEDs for turn signals then you will get the dash light unless you jump the module wires, which I still need to do.
http://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/...-toyota-supra--license+plate/62-1043--434305/

I need to get my tranny rebuilt for when I swap in my 2jz mainly the first gear washer lol. I wouldn't want to rebuild the tranny myself I don't trust myself.
Fantastic thanks! I converted my entire car to LED's inside and out, headlights and taillights...minus the plates embarrassingly enough:icon_redf Looks so out of place lol.

suprajztwenty

Nov 5, 2009
corinth tx
Doat;1956960 said:

the rebuild itself wasnt hard at all, just needs a LOT of patience...like zen master like patience.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Aku;1956963 said:
Fantastic thanks! I converted my entire car to LED's inside and out, headlights and taillights...minus the plates embarrassingly enough:icon_redf Looks so out of place lol.
LED head lights, got pictures?
suprajztwenty;1956964 said:
the rebuild itself wasnt hard at all, just needs a LOT of patience...like zen master like patience.
I am a patient person but I don't trust myself like I said for something as major as a tranny then again I did the head gasket myself and my 7M never felt better still running strong after a year.

SupraSean

SPRASEAN MTHRFKR
Mar 3, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Well Saturday I Had the pleasure of hearing my Supra Startup 1jz powered for the first time! Its been over a year since ANYTHING was running in the car...lol Definitely a good feeling :)

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Aku;1956963 said:

What did you use for the brake lights and such? I've seen a bunch of options, but I'm weary of using some that are too weak or something.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
suprarx7nut;1956994 said:
What did you use for the brake lights and such? I've seen a bunch of options, but I'm weary of using some that are too weak or something.
I used Superbrightleds.com's 1156 LED towers and they are not weak they light up nice and bright. I want to replace the LED strip for my third light.
SupraSean;1956979 said:
Well Saturday I Had the pleasure of hearing my Supra Startup 1jz powered for the first time! Its been over a year since ANYTHING was running in the car...lol Definitely a good feeling :)
Any videos of your start up?

SupraSean

SPRASEAN MTHRFKR
Mar 3, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Doat;1957018 said:
Any videos of your start up?

Yeah they are still on my phone though. I will try to upload them when i get home from work.. open turbo at the moment sounds amazing lol. Still have a few odds and ends to tie up but i moved it in the driveway(After i chopped away all the roots it had grown... jk)

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
SupraSean;1957025 said:
Yeah they are still on my phone though. I will try to upload them when i get home from work.. open turbo at the moment sounds amazing lol. Still have a few odds and ends to tie up but i moved it in the driveway(After i chopped away all the roots it had grown... jk)
Upload them MEOW!! I know the feeling of starting up a motor after working on it for so long I felt the same way when I changed my head gasket took me over 2 months and hearing her fire up smoothly was an awesome feeling.

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
Cleaned up my engine bay some charged my camera

p1957113_1.jpg

I think I should get a black coupler to keep the theme going

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Reminds me I really need to flush my powersteering, it's green. Not sure if that is the color of the fluid or it turned to that color lol.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Doat;1957162 said:
Reminds me I really need to flush my powersteering, it's green. Not sure if that is the color of the fluid or it turned to that color lol.

I would flush that as soon as possible. Its supposed to be ATF in there and I've never heard of green ATF...

Austin2048

May 31, 2013
Kaukauna, Wi
My friend told me I can go to his house and take any parts I want off his 90 parts Supra. I'm taking full advantage of this offer. Getting his fender, hood, hatch, headlights. I just wish his tail lights weren't all busted. And I wish I wasnt all out of smokes and money!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta