What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Austin2048

May 31, 2013
Kaukauna, Wi
Thinking of repainting these rims. Not sure if I should just do them black again, go white, or take off the black that's on there to get the original chrome back. Or maybe something out there and flashy like bright green. My buddy had bright green 5 spoke 18's on his back corrado and it looked awesome.
e6ygu3a7.jpg

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Only time it's good enough to take the top off here in Houston is when it's winter for 2 weeks out of the year lol. However, when the weather is nice here it truly is gorgeous and I think makes me appreciate it more and enjoy the car with the top off even more but I do hate the wet noodle feel.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I wish they made targa bars that can be permanently bolted in place so you don't have to remove the targa and then bolt in the bars. I cannot wait to get targa bars so I can have fun at the track with the top off.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Well, I'm not expecting the bars to make the chassis as rigid as with the roof on. It'd be NICE if they did that, but I'm not expecting it. I just want to lose the feel that the front half the car isn't really connected to the back half.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
They do the support across the windows but its not a total connection so it won't be as rigid ad when the roof is on, although I expect it to be close.
My body has a little wobble but its mostly on bumpy roads that its noticeable. If you have a lot of wobble you may need to retorque the frame bolts (its a maintenance item).

Remember, flaws in your suspension and tires become a bit more pronounced with the targa off. I don't expect the bars to compensate much for that. For me, I bought them mainly for washboard style highway bumps and just get rid of the bit of flex I get under load.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Austin2048;1949565 said:
Thinking of repainting these rims. Not sure if I should just do them black again, go white, or take off the black that's on there to get the original chrome back. Or maybe something out there and flashy like bright green. My buddy had bright green 5 spoke 18's on his back corrado and it looked awesome.
e6ygu3a7.jpg

I think bronze is a great combo of flashy and attractive. Many a black supra have turned heads with some bronze wheels...

I finally reprogrammed my alarm to chirp when I lock it. Its the little things that really make a difference I tell ya.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

MadRPM

Nov 9, 2012
Tampa
Went out to install my fog capsules and it started to pour. Packed up my stuff and drove home. Got home checking the fluids in the tercel and it started pouring, again, with the intake exposed and the oil cap off me --> :kickinthenuts: <-- mother nature

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Last night I washed her and detailed the interior then went to a food truck/car meet, of course everyone's head turned and stared lol
944486_10200288147268513_460085219_n.jpg

1013738_10200288148108534_793307317_n.jpg

then I raced my friend in his 5th gen prelude that is lowered, sway bars, exhaust, and stage 2 cams from a 40mph roll and a dig and he walked me both times, which was expected really. Racing from a dig is really fun that was the first real launch and real race I've done with the car and she held up well I wish I had a better boost controller to turn it up to 10psi I would have had him or be on his fender.

Austin2048

May 31, 2013
Kaukauna, Wi
suprarx7nut;1949781 said:
I think bronze is a great combo of flashy and attractive. Many a black supra have turned heads with some bronze wheels...

I finally reprogrammed my alarm to chirp when I lock it. Its the little things that really make a difference I tell ya.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

That's a really great idea. Ill have to look into that. I like the black on black a lot but the black makes my 16 inch rims look small.

I wish I had a functioning alarm

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
quick question about mounting a 2jz on an engine stand, will the stock 7m head bolts fit? I've read somewhere that they would work possibly with washers but I need a definite answer.