What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
It depends.. your not going to really notice any difference. I used an AISIN Master and Slave cylinder. Its hardlined down, and then theres a soft line that you don't really see. (covered)
Not a difficult job really..
AISIN makes the OEM ones. I think for the master+slave (should do both just so your at the same spot with them) cost me about 100-130 If I recall... I replaced the hose as well which was OEM 45.00.

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
I just replaced my master and slave, I also replaced the hardline with a stainless braided one from driftmotion. I'm glad I bought it before hand, as every fitting was corroded and I wrecked a few getting it apart.

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Well not just today but over the last few days...
I finally picked up the car from JE Import Perfomance in Blt. First thing I did was take it on a 700 mile test drive home to GA. Car ran fine except the electric fans kept running all night and killed the battery, the power steering pump was also whining ALOT when I first picked it up but after I had it jumped the noise went away. The tires were rubbing terribly at first but my buddy "rolled" them a little with a baseball bat (interesting technique actually) so I put in the center console and dash just so I could drive it home and I found out my climate control never turns off and my gauges don't work :( they light up but don't move, so I used my GPS as a speedometer the whole way and topped off the tank every 200 miles (seemed to average about 23MPG) and made it home without incident.*
Once I got home I started to piece the car together with all the stuff I've had sitting in the garage.*
I installed all LED tailight bulbs,*
swapped over to smoked marker lights with LEDs,*
installed my (knockoff) RXB,*
painted the deteriorated back seats so they don't stand out,*
replaced the front and back targa seals (sides still leak)
Plasti-coated the trim around the back hatch glass
and replaced the cracked 89+ mirrors with JDM folding mirrors with LHD heated glass installed in them (still need to finish wiring)

How I drove it

This is how close the tires are after rolling the fenders

This is the wiring mess that I can't figure out.*
P.S. Please help me out with this part so I can close up my dash lol

This is what my glove box looks like

And the CC that never turns off

My smoked corner lights

And is there a difference in steering column trim amongst different years/options? Tried to install mine and it just wouldn't fit right... :/

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Looks like aftermarket wiring to me. Lots of heavy gauge wires, so maybe remote start/security?

The steering wheel trim should be the same, AFAIK. It is a pain in the rear to install, there's not much clearance in places, and there are spots for the screw trim to go which are a bit finicky. Keep the wiring out of the way, and it's easier.

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Dan_Gyoba;1938656 said:
Looks like aftermarket wiring to me. Lots of heavy gauge wires, so maybe remote start/security?

The steering wheel trim should be the same, AFAIK. It is a pain in the rear to install, there's not much clearance in places, and there are spots for the screw trim to go which are a bit finicky. Keep the wiring out of the way, and it's easier.

Well it had some awful eBay gauge faces on it and I pulled them off but still quite a bit of wires goin on

terrenceLP

Mar 22, 2011
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
yhatzee89;1938691 said:
Well it had some awful eBay gauge faces on it and I pulled them off but still quite a bit of wires going on

Dude clean up that wiring. I'm in the great state of GA as well, You could make a custom harness that would fix that and give you peace of mind.

Why so far for a swap? Why not standalone yet?

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Got out of the army halfway through and moved from MD, and stand alone is way more involved than I was wanting, really just wanted the it to drive like it was originally a JZA70.
And custom wifi g harness would be cool if I knew anything about electrical lol, I can figure out how to wire up a stereo but much past that and I'm completely lost :/

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
I already have the engine harness from tweak'd, it's the dash and body harness that are the PIA.
What part of GA?

I think some of the wires are for the aftermarket gauges (boost/EGT) on the pillar

But what are these?

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
I paid $1200, but that was for the mesh loomed harness for an auto trans, it's been exactly what I needed and cam at tweak'd has been great answering all my questions and helping me find the proper trans (engine came with the wrong one) my biggest problem is undoing the hack-job that the PO did to the car to make it a "drag car" :/

Acworth is about 130mi from me

terrenceLP

Mar 22, 2011
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Yikes!

$1200 - could have been a custom harness and MegaSquirt standalone with leftovers. Just Saying.

I'm amazed what those things cost. Considering the actual wires only cost at most $50 for the entire loom, and they use reuse connectors if not already using yours.

This was $46 bucks and I reused all of my connectors and even went full sequential -

MegaSquirt Wiring Bundle - 12' Long (plenty to do the entire motor)

But you can get better here - http://www.wirebarn.com/10-Pack-18-...llowBrown-White-Orange-Pink-Violet_p_190.html

lg-wirebund-diy_med.jpg

Last edited:

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I bled my clutch and so far haven't had any problems, if it was caused by air pockets then it's weird how they came up now when I changed my clutch fluid months and months ago. After we bled the clutch I took it for a test drive and I hit fuel cut when I reached peak boost, stock boost, I don't understand why I am hitting fuel cut but I have a strong feeling it's from the turbo sucking in some of the K&N oil I sprayed on the filter when I cleaned it on sunday and it's still oily when I touched it this morning could that cause the motor cut fuel by tricking the MAF or something?