What did you do to your supra today? Pics

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Got my Wiseco's the other day, and now I'm headed for the machine shop with the new block/ rods/ pistons.

p1879532_1.jpg

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Valve cover gaskets, along with cylinder head cover number 3. But not today. And when I did it, I also changed the screws to new ones that weren't stripped and a new washer/gasket. With torque to 30 in/lbs. Stock is only 22, but my setting on the Makita is good enough.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
I hurt my credit card a little. :D

Bought some stuff for my new engine build, in a typical example of "throw money at the problem" though I don't believe that I was throwing money away.

Local buy: Apexi AVC-R. Finally going to retire my $6 Home Depot boost controller. The MBC has done me well, so this was probably not a necessary buy, but I feel that I'll want to keep a lower boost limit day-to-day, even if the Supra isn't a DD anymore.

Local buy: Apexi NEO. I want some additional AFR control, to avoid leaning out and destroying my investment. This seems like it'll do the trick.

Driftmotion: Zeitronix Zt-2 with Zr-2 display. Datalogging and wideband. Need something to figure out what the Neo is doing, and keep it safe.

Driftmotion: Zeitronix EGT sensor with harness. Might as well get some toys, and EGT is probably good information to have.

Driftmotion: Zeitronix 3.5 bar MAP sensor. Here I feel I might not be getting a lot of value for the dollar, but it's more data to correlate with the datalogging, and may provide some insight. It'll also let me know if there's something that I should be adjusting on the AVC-R.

Driftmotion: Walbro 255LPH in-line fuel pump. This is to supplement/back up the in-tank pump, and ensure that I don't lose fuel pressure. I've read that it shouldn't be too much restriction if it fails, and should still be able to maintain pressure if the in-tank pump fails. Redundancy FTW.

I'd like to be able to add a driver's seat fuel pressure gauge, but I'll have to be satisfied with the under-hood one on the Aeromotive FPR.

Now to figure out how I'm going to mount all this stuff. The Zeitronix Zr-2 is easy, I have an opening in the A pillar for it. The Apexi stuff will be trickier to make it look nice

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
The AFC neo fits in place of the ash tray very nicely.

All I did to my car today was wash 90 pounds of mud off of it from the damn parking lot at the damn bloomsburg fair. What a mess.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Here is my front end with Shine bumper and 87-88 fog lights. Just look past all of the leaves, and the fact my hood is not closed. The fogs look similar to the 89+ lights, but you get about 50% more exposed light. It still leaves a gap that could be filled with a different light, or with drilling and tapping some different mounting holes.

TE72...You can see the gap between my bumper and my header panel in this picture that I'm not happy with. How would you suggest I give it a little more lift?

p1879704_1.jpg

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
leezymk3;1879724 said:
well it wasnt today but over the weekend sorry
i remove the spoiler and weld up the hoes
and bondo and sand it down
p1879739_1.jpg

p1879739_2.jpg

p1879739_3.jpg

p1879739_4.jpg

p1879739_5.jpg

p1879739_6.jpg

I've been thinking of doing this but idk im torn between this and the 89+ spoiler

Kyle Hartman

Jun 21, 2012
Inwood, WV
It's not what I did to my supra but me... I drew it, they scanned it and sized it smaller, copied to a stencil and inked. Love the results. Just waiting to heal so colors pop more!!!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349230967.930976.jpg

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Turbo Habanero;1879665 said:
Yup so does the AVC-R

p1879865_1.jpg
I've seen many people do that, and I personally don't like it. I don't like how the surround bulges around the edges of it, and impinges on the climate control. I don't like how there's a gap at either side of the display.

I will say that the gauge face in the cigarette lighter location is beautiful, and I really like that. That's another potential option that I'm considering for the Zeitronix Zr-2 if I decide to put an oil/fuel pressure gauge in the A pillar pod (Assuming that I can find an affordable dual electric pressure gauge.)

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Dan_Gyoba;1879121 said:
I walked in to the Toyota dealership, and bought a single DIN pocket for a '9x Corolla. Cost me all of $5.75 I put that under my single DIN stereo and haven't looked back.
Do you have any pictures of how it sits?

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Sweet, lol your Mk3 doesn't have the ninja cup holders under the arm rest? I found out mine did awhile after I got it I was like SWEET ninja cup holders

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
ForcedTorque;1879117 said:
...also, I had asked if you would describe the installation of your bumper, as I'm not completely happy with mine like it is.

If you don't see my picture soon, stay on me
I don't recall seeing said post?

ForcedTorque;1879704 said:
Here is my front end with Shine bumper and 87-88 fog lights. Just look past all of the leaves, and the fact my hood is not closed. The fogs look similar to the 89+ lights, but you get about 50% more exposed light. It still leaves a gap that could be filled with a different light, or with drilling and tapping some different mounting holes.

TE72...You can see the gap between my bumper and my header panel in this picture that I'm not happy with. How would you suggest I give it a little more lift?
Wish I could help you out sir, but I haven't actually installed mine yet. Just mentioned that I have the same bumper, and was wondering how those fogs would look. Now I know. :)

Dunno though, if I might make a suggestion, I would say to move the mounts more toward the center, or use the gaps there to route some cool air to your brakes, or somewhere else you prefer. I don't think I'll run the fogs anymore once I put that bumper on.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Can I have your thermostat housing, cover, and BVSV? :D

Wow I didn't know the bottom timing belt cover was silver lol