What did you do to your supra today? Pics

80083r

Dreamed about stripping it down and painting it, rebuilding motor and transmission, swapping out the rear suspension (again), new wheels, tires, short throw shifter, silicone hoses, stainless exhaust, new rear lights, polishing all the glass.

Oh where will the money come from LOL.

I think I'll visit my car this weekend and take it for a rip before the snow flies.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
80083r;1877695 said:
Dreamed about stripping it down and painting it, rebuilding motor and transmission, swapping out the rear suspension (again), new wheels, tires, short throw shifter, silicone hoses, stainless exhaust, new rear lights, polishing all the glass.

Oh where will the money come from LOL.

I think I'll visit my car this weekend and take it for a rip before the snow flies.

That's weird when i dream monsters chase and try to eat me

willfish

been here since 2003
Apr 23, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa.
no offense, but that sux...

at most i put 500 a yr on mine..

ha. I see your in tucson, I almost moved there cause of a woman that almost drove me insane !

MPR

John 3:16
Dec 17, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Just installed new pacesetter monza cat-back exhaust system with high-flow 2.5" cat last night. Will post pics later. It fit well, looks subtle and sounds exactly as I wanted. Deep and tough with no drone, louder than stock but still quiet. :)

For $240 shipped, no complaints! ;)

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
willfish;1877779 said:
no offense, but that sux...

at most i put 500 a yr on mine..

ha. I see your in tucson, I almost moved there cause of a woman that almost drove me insane !

They are all insane here sir i mean ALL of them

IanC

Jul 13, 2012
Maryville, TN
Been buying up parts, sending parts out and cleaning parts to fix the BHG I got last week. Luckily I was already planning on doing the job so had most of it.

geqe4yme.jpg

ryansmith

Mar 25, 2012
New Zealand
Picked up a replacement front bumper, stripped it down and getting ready for paint. It came with a broken front lip which I sent in today to get plastic welded, hopefully. If not it will be glued and painted

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Orion ZyGarian;1877422 said:
You might consider an old school HKS
Doat, the HKS Sport exhaust sounds great, and has a nice, low profile. One of my favorites among the subtle setups. Another option would be to run a 3" back to a stock muffler, and dump it right before the muffler...

Doat;1877426 said:
Damn man your mk3 has 154k miles on it lol, mine only has 82k and it feels like it has less.
My title said the car had something like 198k on it, but the odometer says 98k, so who knows? By now, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it has 220k on it. They were really well built though, ask anyone that has had a higher mileage (but well cared for) car. ;)

Dan88t;1877517 said:
Today me and my Supra waited for the UPS guy to arrive... and he did!
p1877899_1.jpg

I can't wait to get these installed this weekend - and I can't believe I just ordered them last Wednesday and they're here already - fastest shipping I've ever gotten from a "tuner parts" type of online vender - thanks THMotorsports! :)
Have fun with the bottom adjustment collar. If you need any pointers or my specifications and where it left my car (stance-wise), let me know, I wrote up a review on them in the suspension reviews section.

Doat;1877532 said:
Let us know how those Stance coilovers ride
Have only put about 15-20 miles on them at most so far, but I really like the ride, it is quite comfortable. Just giving them a bit of a break in, trying to listen for any funny noises or anything before I try to push the car again. Will update with impressions on performance later.

ForcedTorque;1877607 said:
Not much, but if you've ever looked through my build, you'd admit I had a pretty productive day.

1. I installed 87-88 fog lights. The car's a 92 with a Shine G-spec bumper, and the post 89 lights don't fit it right. Both lights had a bolt broken off in one of the bolt holes. I had to drill them both out, and tap the holes to clean up the threads. That's a first for me, never tapped before by myself. Success on both.
I have that same bumper, and was wondering how they would look. To me, the bumper almost seems too rounded to have such angular lights. Would love to see a picture of your finished product when it is posted. If nothing else, I'll use those spots for air ducting/coolers.

Turbo Habanero;1877701 said:
That's weird when i dream monsters chase and try to eat me
Weird... I'm usually eating monsters. :dunno:

Actually the most common dream I can think of, my car won't boost. Sucks driving other cars that aren't turbo, waiting for the boost to hit... and it doesn't.

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
I've had that happen to me over the years plenty of times...my MkIII will be driveable, but once it's supposed to start in boost, it leaks out the BOV and is completely N/A. For 6 years now lol

On the plus side...

2012-09-26 21.36.23.jpg

Last edited:

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Ordered My 1JZ CP pistons from Driftmotion today and i got to say I hope Aaron and Mary Love me buy now :)

Also i went down to the machine shop to take a look at the motor

p1878156_1.jpg

p1878156_2.jpg

p1878156_3.jpg

Orion ZyGarian;1878007 said:
I've had that happen to me over the years plenty of times...my MkIII will be driveable, but once it's supposed to start in boost, it leaks out the BOV and is completely N/A. For 6 years now lol

On the plus side...

View attachment 61169

Did you steal a Dusty MK4?

Last edited:

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
Finally installed my new AEM Ungo WB and Serial Gauge to accompany my EMS. Still need to setup the serial gauge which I hear is a pain. :(

Before:
p1878194_1.jpg

After:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

oldsking

Mar 19, 2009
Chapel Hill, NC
hmm when you get it calibrated let me know how you did lol my AEM ems is reading it like crazy but when I look at the gauge its reading very steady which has me confused.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
MarkIII4Me;1878194 said:
Finally installed my new AEM Ungo WB and Serial Gauge to accompany my EMS. Still need to setup the serial gauge which I hear is a pain. :(
You'll have to let me know what you think of it, I have one too, but it won't be in the car any time soon... they seem pretty awesome though!

Orion ZyGarian;1878222 said:
Sneak peak at what is to come. Have to have "before" pics to compare to after the detail! ;)
Err... how big is that tire in the passenger seat? At least I think it is a tire...

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
Already have a UEGO for my car, still saving for an EMS v2, so the more others get on it and share their experiences, the better.

te72;1878315 said:
Err... how big is that tire in the passenger seat? At least I think it is a tire...

285/30/19 :D

I'm waiting until I start getting some detailing done on it before I reveal too much. I'm not exactly sure how I should do this even..how much do I reveal now, and how much do I make everyone wait for the newsletter for? :biglaugh: