What did you do to your supra today? Pics

benk777

Jun 18, 2008
Waukesha, WI
After a lonnnnnnnng time of not driving her, in a nutshell, had Sound Performance fix her up, got her back, put new tires on the Works and threw them back on. Loving her again, so much so that I'm not sure I'll be able to go through with selling her.

IMG_7188.jpg
IMG_7186.jpg

Thanks,

Ben

benk777

Jun 18, 2008
Waukesha, WI
I feel like in missing the spring/summer market, that my best shot at getting top dollar for her would be in the spring of 2018. Who knows, I may put a for sale thread on sm and sf once I get her detailed, inside and out, so I can get some quality photos.

Thanks,

Ben

George_Bonilla

Mar 29, 2015
Northern Virginia
www.instagram.com
Installed:
- 57trim CT26
- Lex AFM
- Aeromotive AFPR
- 750cc injectors
- Replaced blown intake manifold gasket

Cleaned/Polished/Painted:
- Polished intake manifold lower
- Painted exhaust manifold and shields
- Painted Valve Covers
- Cleaned the engine bay
- Polished Power steering Reservoir
- Cleaned up some wiring while doing the EV1 connectors

****Still have a lot of work to do.
dee53e869869f6e295a8a3aa1385bbb2.jpg

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
George_Bonilla;2095253 said:
Installed:
- 57trim CT26
- Lex AFM
- Aeromotive AFPR
- 750cc injectors
- Replaced blown intake manifold gasket

Cleaned/Polished/Painted:
- Polished intake manifold lower
- Painted exhaust manifold and shields
- Painted Valve Covers
- Cleaned the engine bay
- Polished Power steering Reservoir
- Cleaned up some wiring while doing the EV1 connectors

****Still have a lot of work to do.
dee53e869869f6e295a8a3aa1385bbb2.jpg

The AFM already runs you pig rich, isn't your injector size going to make it worse? I thought 640 CC was as big as you would run (550 being most popular)

George_Bonilla

Mar 29, 2015
Northern Virginia
www.instagram.com
Grandavi;2095265 said:
The AFM already runs you pig rich, isn't your injector size going to make it worse? I thought 640 CC was as big as you would run (550 being most popular)
I've seen a few people run this same set up and remove the lex screw all the way out and their air/fuel ratio is great. I might have to mess with it a bit but it should be fine. Good power too.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I ordered parts for mine..............not sure if that counts as doing something to your supra as much as it does FOR your supra.

AFQC

What was that noise?
Mar 30, 2008
Vancouver WA
Spent the last few weekends installing a new media system.
First things first, you have to be able to power it so an Optima red-top and a 140 amp alternator from Driftmotion were in order. Shiny parts add 5 Hp right?!?
1iAY2ok.jpg

The head unit was a bitch, not so much because of fitment or anything like that but figuring out previous owner fuckery with the wiring. Best I can tell there were two separate installs with two separate wiring jobs in there. I cut all the bullshit out and started back at zero. So many half-assed butt connectors and loose ends!
ZkglWLf.jpg

Doors are loaded with JL Audio C2650 6.5” separates in a KevinM pod. The woofer mounting holes didn’t line up right but with a little bit of grinding and some VERY careful drilling of new pilot holes it’s a tight clean fit. Crossovers were velcro’d to the door card just behind the opening lever.
77wz9VY.jpg

JL Audio JX400D for the fronts. 50wx4. Still have to pull apart the trunk and put the 4” coaxes in the rear towers.
JL Audio JX500D mono to the 10” 10W3 sub. 300Wx1. Gain is turned down to keep the sub from bottoming out.

ddEIlTS.jpg

5nDOI6l.jpg

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Looking good ^^^

I installed my new manifold and fuel rail on my 2jz. I've still got a lot to do but slowly getting there ready to fire it up again.

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
I originally wanted to go old with the wheels, but realized wheel tech has come a very long way since the 80's 90's.
Work, Blitz, BBM, Weds, ect...

After months of looking around, settled on Enkei TX5 Wheels - Platinum Grey and BFGoodrich Tires
17" Staggered Wheels 8" Front - 9" Rear
Tires are Sport Comp - 2 - 235 Front - 255 Rear (Can still go wider on rear if one desires)

The wheel excluding the tire weighs less than one of my front brake rotors.
One of the reasons I chose these, fairly lightweight at 19lbs.