Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
Nice fab work.
I might have to make a qsv at some point as well :D

But good luck clearing that exhaust over anything, wow! low.

debrucer

Supramania Contributor
IMG_7155.jpgIMG_7153.jpgIMG_7152.jpgIMG_7151.jpg

Working regularly on my Speeduino EMC; but, there's so much more to do. Three of those pics are pieces I will be controlling with the new electronics: injectors, coils and plugs. As for the lights, yesterday was the first time in ten years I've tried to fit them. They are H3 bulbs, but, the lenses are not clear. I once asked the question here as to what I should use the space for where the battery was removed from the engine bay. Today, I am thinking some equipment to energize my driving lamps. Okay, as with many things I do, I still don't quite have that one figured out. The stock lamps are not sufficient. As for the coils, I've read some of the alternatives people put on their Supras and it seems to be mostly for cosmetic reasons. At the moment, I don't dislike the original equipment coil pack. Guess it could be considered ugly... I'm thinking it was well-done.

It is getting warm enough here now that I plan on spending more time at the garage... I've got some welding to do... about 36" total. The welder has been prepared and the generator is working... without which, I probably couldn't weld at the garage. I share one 15-amp 120 circuit with four other garages. Hell, my air compressor uses 14-amps :)

I am doing well since the heart-attack in November. Great diet and down a total of 56 lbs since last year... This car is taking forever... and now, fighting time.....

In the past, I would just clean and paint stuff before putting it back on, but, I got this bug in my mind about a year ago, and I want to do some powder coating. Too many things I want to do, and very little room for an oven :( We'll see.

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Found me a set of calipers today at the pick n pull for $30 by accident. Was looking for a set of sun visors to replace mine that aren't in the greatest shape. Walked past a S500 and thought the calipers looked familiar. Looked at the year and it was the right year car, it had just been put on the yard actually. However, I found they do not fit under my Starion wheels

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
Did a little work on the dyno
501/476
Stock bottom end too!
3fdc626cd95eeb8981a261407b40f8b6.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
Grandavi;2091896 said:
2jz? What fuel?
7mgte, sunoco 100 octane pump, 21psi on a borg warner s362sxe 1.00 housing

Was with reground Schneider racing 272 .315 lift cams, dual springs and ti retainers

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
Grandavi;2091898 said:
Cool! Good output. I thought stock bottom end safe power was 600 crank hp. You passed that. I wonder what true bottom end limits are
I'm sure I'm pushing my luck with the 7m, but that's why I built it to have fun and see what it can make.

I did tune it myself on ecumaster emu. 14 degrees timing and 11.0 afr when boost comes in

Asterix

Lurker of Power
Mar 31, 2005
Vienna, VA
Just finished refreshing my rear suspension. Some 22 years ago, I made my own polyurethane bearings, because at the time nobody made them. Since iron oxide takes more volume than iron, the bearing for the passenger-side toe arm clamped down on the tube and the arm broke. The eye rusted under the polyu, which reduced the ID too far. Good thing I wasn't far from home or going very fast. After redoing it all and regreasing thoroughly with silicone grease, the suspension moves rather more easily than it did before.

Even now that Energy makes a polyu bushing kit, I can't really recommend it. Energy's steel tubes are plain steel, which will rust in no time. If you do want to use their kit, I highly recommend replacing the tubes with stainless steel. 316L is an awesome alloy.

I'll get it aligned in a week or so. My attempt at getting it aligned wasn't bad, but it's not quite right. With some care, a string and digital inclinometer gets it close.

Pictures are on my site: https://basementlabs.org/Photos/Car/ToeArm/

I kinda need to redo the uppers (again) as they have a bit too much play in them, but they can wait.

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
Installed Arp studs, titan hg, and threw the head on. 4th times a charm, right? I'm sure it'll last awhile

6008ec106214581263a74c38caa7b097.jpg
edd9fed96ad8e00f4e71ce1723bc701b.jpg