What did you do to your supra today? Pics

suprajztwenty

Nov 5, 2009
corinth tx
pics of my trans rebuild progress as promised...my phone didnt save some pics but none were important enough to post anyways.

with the trans on the ground and everything attached it took me 2hrs to get to this point.

thank you to all that helped diagnose my first gear popping out! i had many co-workers guess (just for amusement on my end) and everyone said syncro or shifter. this is my exploded thrust washer, ill count the pieces tomorrow when i get shit pressed off.

this is what happens when you own a harbor freight dead blow hammer for a few years and work on a supra with it...im really thankful it happened during disassembly and not later when i get everything spotless.

its odd, the trans started making a grinding noise right before i parked it (assumed something let go and went into the gear assembly) so far i havnt found any major chunks or damage to the gears. i figured itd all get caught in the magnet but nothing too crazy.

i got my dm 3-4 shift fork today but the mc parts got delayed till fri...not a big deal as i wouldnt have needed any parts tonight anyways.
since the mk3 is my only ride on 4wheels the ninja has been pulling full time duty, so ill pack up the shafts in the backpack and rebuild em at work where i have a press.

Austin2048

May 31, 2013
Kaukauna, Wi
Hauled a decent sized mini fridge in the back of my supra. That was a slow agonizing drive. I was sad when a big RV pulling a suv passed me

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
The only Harbor Freight tool I've used with my Supra is a 1/2" to 3/8" socket adapter and that broke on me. HF to me is like the walmart of tools with cheese grade metals.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Finally got around to cleaning the gunk out of my center console. PO spilled something in there (Pop? Hope so. Anything else that sticky I don't want to contemplate.) I took the whole center console out, removed the mirror and seat switches and washed it in the bathtub, then cleaned the tub. It was awful, but it's nice and clean, now.

I still need to re-cover the center console lid though.

Oh, and some &%#* vandalised the car last night. Broke the vent from behind the passenger side window off.

1 win, one deferred, 1 loss. Sigh.

suprajztwenty

Nov 5, 2009
corinth tx
well, my package from marlin crawler came in today and when i unwrapped my 1-2 shift fork i realized it was the same one driftmotion sent me the day before (i ordered the 3-4 fork from dm but didnt think about it having 2 holes(the 3-4 only has one))

so, things will be delayed by about a week longer...kinda bummed but i needed the break anyways. now i have time to clean up a few things while i wait too. i might get around to installing my other bumpers but ive been avoiding it because theyre pearl white and mine is just plain white.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com

Finished wiring the Zeitronix datalogger and Apexi AVC-R into my field harness. The red bullet connectors are for the O2 sensor. The Zeitronix can fake the narrowband signal from the wideband, allowing me to trick the TCCS into running slightly rich or lean in closed loop operation. Once I have some baseline EGT and AFR data, I may try fiddling with this a bit... or not.

For the time being, I'm going to power these from the +B/+B1 ECU lines as suggested by the installation instructions provided with. I'm going to take the fuel pump off of the +B line when I install the AFPR.

Oh, the black tape splices each have 1/2 of a red butt splice connector inside them, which I opened up. Apexi supplies connectors like this, but I didn't get them with the Neo or the AVC-R, since I got both units used. I also didn't get the MAP sensor for the AVC-R, so I ordered one off of eBay. It's coming from Taiwan (I'm surprised, I was seriously expecting China.) The unit doesn't look exactly the same, but comes up in the search for Apexi part number 499-X002 (And 499-X001) both of which are listed as 3bar MAP sensors. Well, I figure that I can always turn off the boost control if it doesn't work as I want. I'm going to run this with the existing engine for a while before I drop in the new one.

suprajztwenty

Nov 5, 2009
corinth tx
Dan_Gyoba;1951793 said:

Finished wiring the Zeitronix datalogger and Apexi AVC-R into my field harness. The red bullet connectors are for the O2 sensor. The Zeitronix can fake the narrowband signal from the wideband, allowing me to trick the TCCS into running slightly rich or lean in closed loop operation. Once I have some baseline EGT and AFR data, I may try fiddling with this a bit... or not.

For the time being, I'm going to power these from the +B/+B1 ECU lines as suggested by the installation instructions provided with. I'm going to take the fuel pump off of the +B line when I install the AFPR.

let me know how that works out for you, i have the plx wideband thatll do the same narrow band output...i havnt had mine running long enough to fuck with it

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester

Austin2048

May 31, 2013
Kaukauna, Wi
Replaced the master clutch cylinder, pulled my steering wheel to replace the headlight multi switch stalk thing, bought some windshield washer nozzles that suck ass, and now I'm letting her cool down for an oil change and later i have to adjust the clutch pedal cause the clutch engages way too high for my liking

Last edited:

Austin2048

May 31, 2013
Kaukauna, Wi
Austin2048;1951906 said:
Replaced the master clutch cylinder, pulled my steering wheel to replace the headlight multi switch stalk thing, bought some windshield washer nozzles that suck ass, and now I'm letting her cool down for an oil change and later i have to adjust the clutch pedal cause the clutch engages way too high for my liking

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Finally picked up my friend's 2jzge VVTI out of his 98 sc300, was not expecting to get the tranny as well but fuck it. I removed the exhaust to make some more space for cars in the garage.
1016737_10200340800304806_1056447412_n.jpg

EDIT: Can I use the bell housing on that transmission for my R154, so I'd just need a JZ flywheel?

Last edited:

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Fixed the rear fenders so they quit dragging, stopped at Summit and bought my new braided fuel line, then bought a new Craftsman jack from Sears so I can actually get under the car. And just for fun I pulled out my cargo carpet and put it in a bucket of hot water and a whole bottle of black Rit dye (it was already stained with who knows what)
I ended my night by cleaning my garage and having Sonic for dinner (breakfast burrito and a route 44, ya can't beat it)

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
14 hours cleaning my garage and organizing 5+ years of parts gathering... I have a lot of steel braided lines... Lol.

Picked up new rotors/pads/calipers for the 87 mk3 and did that. Why don't they supply anti-clatter plates with the new pads? Cheap bastards... And how are you supposed to take the pad holder off? It only has one bolt... I put the pads on the new calipers by using duct tape to hold the springs in place... What a bitch that was... Lol.

I bled the fronts, but didn't touch the rears... Should I bleed those?

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
You're supposed to bleed the rears first. Bleed brakes in reverse order of distance from the master cylinder (Or, with ABS, distance from the ABS actuator.) Probably, though, you'll be fine.

I tried to repair my slipring. I have trouble with turning the cruise control on and off on my car, most times it just doesn't want to. I've narrowed the problem to the slipring. It seems to be pretty straightforward, just copper contacts sliding on a contact ring. Horn, cancel/resume/set buttons all seem to work fine, but the cruise main switch doesn't want to engage. Might try again to file the contacts and then tin them so they don't go bad right away. It worked for my window switches. Or I might just replace the slipring. Annoying.

I've got to get going on installing this engine. Need to get parts off for powder coating, so that I can finish installation.