What car(s) do you regret selling the most? (bring pics!!)

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
I hope this isn't a reposted topic, I am copying it from another thread on a VW forum I stumbled into, and I thought it would be neat to hear from you guys (being fellow supra owners and all). Plus, I'm not personally partial to golfs' and there were a lot showing up over there. :p

I have never sold a car, but I know I will probably regret ever selling my supra, when I choose to (its not like i can keep it forever).

Sooo... what do you most regret ditching? why? If you want to say I guess you can also mention why you got rid of it.

Post a picture of the actual car or one as close to it as you can get. just words is boring.

boosted1jz

in reconstruction
May 9, 2005
alpharetta ga
www.cardomain.com
out of the 19 1/2 vehicles ive owned.... i think i regret selling my ram and my jeep wrangler...

1105822664_l.jpg

l_c59a98f6cb2aabb660fc21fe46e78934.jpg

oh yea, and repost :p

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
My 1st car, a '70 Chevelle SS...sorry, no pics. I'd love to have that car now.

Isphius

Supra-less :(
May 30, 2006
long branch
I miss both of these cars and immediatley regretted selling both as soon as i saw them leave

86 NA 5 speed!

p1136337_1.jpg

84 camaro z28 5 speed HO

p1136337_2.jpg

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
'64 Chev Biscayne. I didn't get rid of it, it was sitting at my Dads shop and he got rid of it without asking me. I wish I still had that car, it was awesome :(

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Ive had almost 50 vehicles since I started driving in '80 including off road and watercrafts. I regret selling quite a few of them espcially considering what some of them would be worth today including a 56 Ford Victoria, 67 Chevelle and a 68 LeMans, all worth 10 times now what I sold them for then.

But the cars I regret selling the most were the ones that I was forced to sell or because of what happened to them after I sold them.

(sorry for the crappy old pics, these were scanned from film a long time ago)

My 78 Trans Am - I still lived at home at the time and my parents called it "the devil car". I got in a fair amount of trouble with it including a rebuild using not so legal parts and an NOS system. I spun the main bearings one afternoon doing a burnout. I poured gear oil over the rockers and was able to pawn it off on a used car lot in trade for my first 4x4 blazer.
78TA2.JPG

The first of my Z28's, this one was fast with a destroked 350 (302) and an M21. This was the car I traded the previously mentioned 4x4 blazer for, and ended up running out of state with and it then sat for 2 years with no plates. I finally sold it for parts after swapping the motor into my Chevy Monza "California Special".

redz3.jpg

red78z28.jpg

The single vehicle I owned the longest up to that point and enjoyed completely was my second 4x4 blazer, this one a '74. Simple 350/350 with bolt on's but I loved this truck. I towed my jet boat and hauled my quads with it, it was a portable camp site for exploring the Sierra-Nevada (lived in the Mojave desert at the time), and was great for desert parties. I regret selling it because I sold it to some "beaners" (no offence to non-beaner mexicans meant) who promptly put small street tires on it, painted the inner fenders silver and covered the interior in velvet "tuck and roll". What a sad death for a great truck.

Blazer2.jpg

blazer3.jpg

If I still owned my "Tri-Mag" today it would be Busa powered and a death trap but I still wish I owned it. At the time I had it was powered by a Yamaha Seca 650 Turbo (first turbo production bike ever made I think). Living in the mojave desert and driving a vehicle with no a/c and a lexan windshield just wasnt cutting it. I sold it and bought another Camaro.

TriMag.jpg

Last, but definately NOT least, probably my biggest regret was selling my 68 Camaro SS 396. This was an original big block car with a close ratio M21 and a 12bolt posi rear. It had a near flawless original interior and was a blast to drive. I destroyed the transmission one day and the replacment was only an M22 and the wrong ratio for the car. I hated driving it after that. I actually traded it for a 300zx turbo that had issues, but thats not the sad part. The guy I traded it to didnt put the title in his name immediately and less than a month later it was stolen...with the title in the glove box :3d_frown:. It reappeared a couple years later, found by a friend on a chance driveby. I spoke with the new owner, a soldier from Davis-Monthan AFB who had gotten it from a police auction with a blown motor, stripped interior and someone had started to try to remove the flares. I hope they guy was able to bring her back to glory.

68ss396b.jpg

68ss396.jpg

JMDigital

Authorized Vendor
Jun 2, 2006
Tampa, Florida
www.cardomain.com
This is an easy one..

1967 Chevy SS 396 :cry: Why I sold it. .. I was a stupid teenager and did not know any better. My father and I built that car. and I wish I could get it back.

This is the pic I took for the AutoTrader back then.. Sold it when I was 19 so it was 1992? or 1991... Also you can see my Truck I drove to High School in the background there. What was I thinking!!!

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
^^ nice! I hesitated to post this but its one of the best pics of my 67. Please ignore the fact that I look like Im ready to hit the disco...:nono:

67chev2.jpg

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
My last car, which actually is going up for sale this week sometime (hopefully)

p1136556_1.jpg

And why? Going in to debt owns my face, that's all that needs to be said.

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
I would SO buy that off you Tanya, if it were RHD :(

Anyway, this is the biggest regret of mine - this isnt the actual photo as i didn't think to take one on the digital camera at the time (not while it was in gwo anyway):

1986 Ford Sierra XR4x4:

englandamp1.jpg

although, here's where it ended up after engine failure (gunked up oil passageways, worn bearings, headgasket gone due to overheating):

xrfront2.jpg

Lino

FWD FTL!
Jul 5, 2006
Surrey, BC
My 1994 Chev Suburban 6.5L Turbo Diesel. I loved that truck. But I couldn't afford the bill so I had to sell it. *sigh*
dscf1401nl6.jpg

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Tanya;1136556 said:
My last car, which actually is going up for sale this week sometime (hopefully)

p1136623_1.jpg

And why? Going in to debt owns my face, that's all that needs to be said.

:( That is a smoking hot MKII T.T
MKII is still one of my dream cars.